Mar 06 2013
By: carlosinner First Son 1 posts

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita)

5 replies 734 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Been looking for info on this one for a while, and I can't find anything. The last mention I found of it on the PS blog was that the Vita version would be coming out "shortly after" the PS3 version is released. Also, some sources say February 2013--it's not March, so what gives? I can't find any other mention of it anywhere.

Also, somewhat related, is Stranger's Wrath better on the Vita or PS3? I'm liking the fact that I can just pick up and play snippets of the game on my Vita, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that the controls would be better on the PS3. Also, some people have said that the PS3 version looks way better. Obviously, it would look better on the PS3, but by how much?

Message 1 of 6 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Re: Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita)

Mar 6, 2013
I thought it was cancelled.... Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 6 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Mar 6, 2013
If you go the Just Add Water website you will see that their focus is on developing games for the PS4... Makes me wonder if any future Oddworld titles for the Vita are going to be linked to remote play or streaming via Gaikai...
Message 3 of 6 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I've been wondering the same thing too. I went to the oddworld website the other day and on their site it reads Feb 2013 for munch's oddysee HD for vita. So not sure what happened.

As far as stranger's wrath goes, I just bought it last night for the vita since its on sale this week for $10.99. I didnt get much time to play it, but it looks pretty good to me and I can have it on the go and play small "snippets" of the game whenever.
Message 4 of 6 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

I messaged Oddworld Inhabitants on Facebook your question and this was the response.

OI FB jpg
Oddworld Inhabitants

We're waiting for the PS3 versions to all come out before we release on Vita. We ant to fold the update we're working on into the localised versions for PS3 before putting them out.

Edit: Btw, I messaged him to find out what exactly that last sentence means. I'm sure he ment "can't", but I'm unsure what the rest means as far as "fold the update" part of it.

Edit x2: Here's the reply.

Sorry, we want to add the update patch into the local language versions we will release in Europe so people don't have to apply a patch once it's downloaded.

Message 5 of 6 (670 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013
So their website states they are working on PS4 games, your reply references a PS3 focus and the previous Vita references have bit the dust... I will chock this up as a TBD topic...
Message 6 of 6 (619 Views)
0 Likes