Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Re: Official #PlayStation2013 Discussion Thread

Feb 26, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

Do you or anyone else have a link stating that PSn will be free?

Do you have a link stating that PSN will not be free?

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 561 of 573 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Feb 26, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

I could make one if that would make you happy.

Some people have stated it will be free, I want to know why they said this.

I did not say PSN will be pay to play, just that I think it may be.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 562 of 573 (424 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47908 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

I just want more details on:

Price Point system

Accessability to PS3 Software I paid for for playability on the ps4 (If i cant put my disc in or play my downloads at least put it on the cloud and let me DL it from there without charging me even more for the software I purchased)

Price point accessories (that controller looks expensive)

Can I still play my games online 100% free like with the PS3?

Price point on games

How exactly (in very good detail) will our current accounts be handled?    

• Will I be PLYMCO_PILGRIM on a PS4 if I buy one @ launch? 
  • Will my PS3 trophies carry over? 
  • Will my PS3 friends carry over? 
  • Can I talk to my SEN friends who don't have PS4's while they are on their PS3 (this might have been answered).  

Where is/what are the new IPs for this system?   I mean brand new, draw me in, can only get on PS4 titles.

Just a few things holding me up.  The conference left me with more questions and concerns than joy and want.   I also understand I most likely do not represent the average "gamer masses". 

Please use plain text.
Message 563 of 573 (421 Views)
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Feb 26, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I just want more details on:

Price Point system

Accessability to PS3 Software I paid for for playability on the ps4 (If i cant put my disc in or play my downloads at least put it on the cloud and let me DL it from there without charging me even more for the software I purchased)

Price point accessories (that controller looks expensive)

Can I still play my games online 100% free like with the PS3?

Price point on games

How exactly (in very good detail) will our current accounts be handled?    

• Will I be PLYMCO_PILGRIM on a PS4 if I buy one @ launch? 
  • Will my PS3 trophies carry over? 
  • Will my PS3 friends carry over? 
  • Can I talk to my SEN friends who don't have PS4's while they are on their PS3 (this might have been answered).  

Where is/what are the new IPs for this system?   I mean brand new, draw me in, can only get on PS4 titles.

Just a few things holding me up.  The conference left me with more questions and concerns than joy and want.   I also understand I most likely do not represent the average "gamer masses". 

I am wondering the same exact things. And your right about that controller looking expensive now that I think about it. Hopefully they will get rid of the SixAxis to keep

costs down. There have only been a few times where I've actually used this feature on the DS3. another thing to worry about is which Bluetooth headsets will be compatible and vicea versa. 

Please use plain text.
Message 564 of 573 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

So you admit that there is nothing but opinion and conjecture that the PSN will no longer be free.  Yet you are more inclined to believe this conjecture over the "conjecture" that it will remain free.

How about inertia then?  The PSN is free, right now.  And nothing Sony has said indicates that there is any plans on this changing.

Why do you then choose to believe a theory that has been pulled straight out of somebody's arse?

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 565 of 573 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Mar 5, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

So you admit that there is nothing but opinion and conjecture that the PSN will no longer be free.  Yet you are more inclined to believe this conjecture over the "conjecture" that it will remain free.

How about inertia then?  The PSN is free, right now.  And nothing Sony has said indicates that there is any plans on this changing.

Why do you then choose to believe a theory that has been pulled straight out of somebody's arse?

Around in circles we go, alright.

So you admit that there is nothing but opinion and conjecture that the PSN will still be free.  Yet you are more inclined to believe this conjecture over the "conjecture" that it could possibly change due to all the upgrades the PSN seems to have received.

How about reason then?  The PSN is free, right now and is slow, laggy and requires a lot of time to do anything such as access online games or movies.  And what Sony has said indicates that there is plans on this changing.

Why do you then choose to believe a theory that no one official has commented on? Have you pulled this idea straight out of somebody's arse?

I see now you have no desire to actually discuss anything, you simply wish to make it seem I have made statements which i have not.  My mind is open to any possibilty.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 566 of 573 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 5, 2013
PS4 day one for me. Can't wait for Watch Dogs on launch day. If anyone is interested we started up a fansite over at www.watchdogsfansite.com
Please use plain text.
Message 567 of 573 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Just finished reading some news about the next gen systems and I saw that they may be discontinuing the use of game discs for the transport, sale, and playability of games. I am worried about how this will change gaming as we know it. No more used games, game trade ins, retail discount offers, game swapping, etc. Many members of today's gaming society relies on friends and colleagues to sample new games and keep the passion of gaming alive at a relatively low cost. With the absence of the discs, gaming will no longer be considered recreational and instead be viewed as a luxury to those who can afford dropping $60+ on a new release instead of wating a week or two before someone tires of the game and returns it. 

Also, Sony should consider those of us that have limited access to a secure internet source from which to reliably download games, apps, and new updates. This scenario would make owning a next gen system pointless.

So, has technology developed to the point  that we no longer require discs and that a better method should be introduced, or should we all just conform to whatever those with the power to say "this is the way it is-deal with it," or should decade old technology continue to hold back the demanding possibilities of the video-gaming world?

Please use plain text.
Message 568 of 573 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Zeller~Bro! ~ Chill Relax... make mellow mellow.
There will always be solid media. In order to truly own something, if people are willing to pay for a solid object there will be a solid object. ~ Operating systems will go completely digital before games do. ~ So long as microsoft or apple or linux etc are selling a disc so will the others.

Honestly I hoped for 8GB of ram so that we could get rid of the HDD and mandatory installs.

Dear Sony, Don't be afraid to charge a premium price for the first month or more of sales, just make sure you include items no one will later get. ~ In my case consoles blessed with some models **bleep** or some executives signature would be enough to sell to every early adopter at a profit. It pisses me off that people were autioning what Sony was selling for a loss. The challenge is really adding value to your launch.

With the Sega Dreamcast I got a Tee-Shirt, would have liked something more. But the price was fair. We who reserve and put down money early would like some premium benefit, like charge $100 dollars higher than MSRP for the First Month, but include 1 year premium play account etc...Golden Ticket? ~ Really hiring attractive models to sign consoles with grease pens works for me. Howard Stringer, you know someone is talking about you! (No really its that hot girl with you, and I may I say, quite the secretary, but you know what I mean, listen for good ideas.)
Please use plain text.
Message 569 of 573 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 22, 2013

Why is it that the PS4 still is not getting 802.11 a/n.  There is so many people on 802.11 b/g/n that the quality is crap.  Anyone know if there is a plan for adding 5Ghz WiFi to the PS4?

Please use plain text.
Message 570 of 573 (140 Views)
0 Likes