I need friends for gta ps3
Message 551 of 573 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: Official #PlayStation2013 Discussion Thread

Feb 26, 2013

Who is ready??  Not me. 

I have been a fan of the Playstation ever since it came out with the PS1.  I think it has it all over anything Microsoft can put out.  But with the PS4, if I have to stream games, then no thanks.  If Microsoft doesn't go with streaming games on its 720, this might be the first time I ever buy an Xbox. 
Whats worse, Sony will likely charge a monthly fee now for this crappy streaming of games service.
I was eagerly awaiting the PS4 announcement.  Now I'm thoroughly dissappointed.  It will be the first Playstation I don't buy.

Message 552 of 573 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Oh, and if it is required to have some social networking account just to be able to use a PS4, that will be another reason I won't buy one. I refuse to have a FB or twitter account. I hate social networking.

So for me the issues are these:

-Do I have to have a FB/twitter/etc account?

-Will the only way to play games is to stream them or download them?

-Will the games force players to have to get up and move around, rather than just use the controller?

-Will we now have to end up paying for some crappy cloud service?

-Will the PS3 wireless headset I just bought work with the PS4?
Message 553 of 573 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Feb 26, 2013

monkeyman_440 wrote:
Oh, and if it is required to have some social networking account just to be able to use a PS4, that will be another reason I won't buy one. I refuse to have a FB or twitter account. I hate social networking.

-Will the games force players to have to get up and move around, rather than just use the controller?

I am there with you man.

I am worried for Sony and myself this coming gen.

We will see if they can get their act together or not.  I would hate to see the king finally die, but he is not looking so hot these days.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 554 of 573 (154 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10985 posts

Feb 26, 2013

monkeyman_440 wrote:

No, the social networking aspect is completely optional.  If you choose not to have a FB or Twitter (or YouTube or UServe) account, you do not need one.  You just won't be able to take advantage of the features that allow for uploading game play videos directly to online services (it remains to be seen if you'll be able to export them to a computer for further editing, however).

Physical games for the PS4 will continue to utilize Blu-ray media.  The difference is the PS4 can utilize 4- and 6- layer Blu-ray discs, meaning PS4 games will not be limited to 50GB (the PS3 only utilizes dual-layer Blu-ray discs for games).  Additionally, the PSStore will still be used as a purchase point for Downloadable titles.  Like the PSVita, it is likely that ALL games that are available via physical media (BD) will also be available as Downloadable titles.
The Cloud gaming that was discussed at the announcement is for being able to try a game before you buy it in the PS Store (supposedly available at the launch of the PS4) and eventually (sometime after launch) the ability to stream older generations of Playstation games (PS1, PS2, PS3, and possibly PSP and PSVita) on the PS4.

The Dualshock 4 controller is still a conventional controller.  It just adds the Share button, a light bar (mainly for player identification while playing local multiplayer games with multiple controllers), a multi-function touch pad and combines the Start and Select buttons into a single Options button.  The PS4 will continue to support the Move controller, as well.

Gaikai is not just a 'crappy cloud service'.  It is an online game server that streams full games to your living room (so you don't need to download anything).  It is basically like Netflix, but for games.  If you've ever heard of OnLive, it's basically the same as that.

I would assume so, though there has been no official word on PS3 peripherals (other than the Move controller).  The PS4 utilizes USB 3.0, which is 100% compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices (the Wireless Headset being a USB 2.0 device).  My Mac is USB 3.0 and the Wireless Headset works perfectly with it.

The Gaikai streaming service apparently won't be available directly at launch (with the possible exception of within the PS Store to try games out before you buy them).  In the meantime, if you want to be able to continue playing your PS3 games, keep your PS3.  It's pretty much as simple as that.

Message 555 of 573 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 26, 2013

If what you say all above is true, then Sony is still my company of choice!!  I hope everything you said turns out to be accurate.

I'm assuming and hoping also that the Playstation network is going to be kept seperate from this cloud service?

As far as the cloud service, if it is only to "try before we buy", then fantastic, but I was reading somewhere that games would not be bluray based and you would have to stream your games online.  Any way to confirm this?

Message 556 of 573 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

There were also concerns that with the PS4 that the PSN will be a pay subscription service.  From what I'm seeing it will still be free.(well, not free, we pay for it in the price of brand new games)

And it should be if Sony is going to continue with its practice of pushing out the used game market. 

Message 557 of 573 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Feb 26, 2013

monkeyman_440 wrote:

There were also concerns that with the PS4 that the PSN will be a pay subscription service.  From what I'm seeing it will still be free.(well, not free, we pay for it in the price of brand new games)

And it should be if Sony is going to continue with its practice of pushing out the used game market. 

Do you or anyone else have a link stating that PSn will be free?

I was thinking with all the upgrades, being free was too much to hope for.  Fingers crossed though.

I imagine they will increase the strangle hold on used games via something like the online pass we have today on PS3.

But until it come sout its just a good educated guess.  (As is everything anyone else posts until the system is launched)

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 558 of 573 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I just wanted to express my concerns about the vague promises about remote play. Jack Tretton posted that the long-term goal is most ps4 games to be remote playable. I read somewhere else that developers are being "encouraged" but not required to make their games remote playable.

If I'm not mistaken the excuse Sony has given for remote play not working on current PSN games is that it is up to the developers to add that ability. I'd love to hear why this time will be different if they aren't required to do so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Message 559 of 573 (136 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Squiggle55 wrote:

I just wanted to express my concerns about the vague promises about remote play. Jack Tretton posted that the long-term goal is most ps4 games to be remote playable. I read somewhere else that developers are being "encouraged" but not required to make their games remote playable.

If I'm not mistaken the excuse Sony has given for remote play not working on current PSN games is that it is up to the developers to add that ability. I'd love to hear why this time will be different if they aren't required to do so.

Exactly.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 560 of 573 (134 Views)
0 Likes