Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 14 2012
By: onearmed26 First Son 1 posts

One Handed Controller

4 replies 753 views Edited May 14, 2012

I recently had an arm amputated. There are many one armed individuals in the USA and the world. Sony does not make a controller for one armed individuals. Neither do Nintendo Wii(for games requiring accessory paddles) or Xbox. Do you not see the marketing for this? Have studies been done about this topic? We are handicapped but I would think there would be something out th for us. I have been told to look for other company's products that work with your system. If you make the best product on the market why do you ask me to buy another company's product? Have you looked for this type of product from other companies and attempted using them? Please don't tell me to search. Let me know what you found that works the best. If you do answer, thank- you for your help!

Message 1 of 5 (753 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: One Handed Controller

May 14, 2012

i have never seen anything really other than custom made controllers with foot buttons as well...and these..

http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/images/PS3_One_Handed_Controller_3.jpg

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 2 of 5 (753 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24955 posts

May 14, 2012

First off, this isn't a direct line to Sony, as many in the 21st century would believe.

Secondly, Honestly, how big of a market is there? According to the Amputee Coalition, there's aproximately 1.7 million amputees in the United States. Now that's not even referring to the types of amputees there are. There's over 300 million people in the United States. That's approximately 0.5% of the population. If there's, let's just say for the purposes of discussion, 50 million PS3 owners out there. That's only a possibility of 3.4% of PS3 owners. The numbers aren't to "see marketing for this" unfortunately.

The best thing you can do is to post it to the Blog Share site, but just note that it is not a magic genie that grants wishes.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Message 3 of 5 (753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2013
There are more than amputees that a one handed controller would help. There are many hemipaligics... from c.p. and stroke that suffer physically only on one side. A two handed controller is out of the question... but it's amazing what can be done with one hand.
Message 4 of 5 (546 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17373 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

bo-peep1213 wrote:
There are more than amputees that a one handed controller would help. There are many hemipaligics... from c.p. and stroke that suffer physically only on one side. A two handed controller is out of the question... but it's amazing what can be done with one hand.

like necrobumping an old thread?

Edit: Thread locked due to necroposting

Message 5 of 5 (520 Views)
0 Likes