Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Re: Online Saves (Cloud saving) confirmed for Plus Members

Jan 31, 2011

This would be an awesome feature to have for PS Plus. It's about time we get a new feature, besides the Auto Download.

Message 21 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1089 posts

Jan 31, 2011

Oh this is wonderful news!!!

Message 22 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jan 31, 2011

You do not seem up to speed with what's been going with gamesaves.

But you're right.  They (sony and game devs) could have come up with a better encryption method for the gamesaves.  But with so many gamesaves available, the encryption could be cracked just the same.

Message 23 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jan 31, 2011

YLOD doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

Message 24 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9398 posts

Jan 31, 2011

That's awesome news, after gettign YLOD last year, this is really good. now all my data can be backed up when they release the update. you said it will be in the upcoming update 3.60 right, any idea when that will be?  also this should get more people to join Plus, since this is a great feature.

Message 25 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jan 31, 2011

how does this work? like will it be automatic or will we have to choose either or. cuz i would like to save on both. and is it just for game saves or can u put like psn games on it?

Photobucket
Message 26 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jan 31, 2011

Stellazira wrote:

Yes, yes it does.  I didn't see any sort of "... look I am trying to be funny ..." emote, so I really hope you are just being a smart-ass, in which case, it is still not funny to me since my original 60GB Fat PS3 broke, not once, but twice, including the dreaded YLoD.

The reason YLoD is so painfully bad is because no other f'ing electronics die this quickly to the point where gamers consider consoles almost expendable.  Think TVs, iPods, DVD (or even other Blu-ray players), radios (do folks still use those), even computers (except for Windows software ... which really does not count), no one expects non-gaming electronic devices to die so quickly.  My NES and Intellivision consoles are still going strong; I know they do not have so many movable parts, but I digress.

So yes, a cloud save service may be nice, if it backs up all your content, but as it stands, it is a damn shame it is needed for anything expect backing up your save files in case you have multiple PS3 systems or you want to upgrade your HDD.

Message 27 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jan 31, 2011

Yay!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Feb 1, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

Stellazira wrote:

Yes, yes it does.  I didn't see any sort of "... look I am trying to be funny ..." emote, so I really hope you are just being a smart-***, in which case, it is still not funny to me since my original 60GB Fat PS3 broke, not once, but twice, including the dreaded YLoD.

The reason YLoD is so painfully bad is because no other f'ing electronics die this quickly to the point where gamers consider consoles almost expendable.  Think TVs, iPods, DVD (or even other Blu-ray players), radios (do folks still use those), even computers (except for Windows software ... which really does not count), no one expects non-gaming electronic devices to die so quickly.  My NES and Intellivision consoles are still going strong; I know they do not have so many movable parts, but I digress.

So yes, a cloud save service may be nice, if it backs up all your content, but as it stands, it is a damn shame it is needed for anything expect backing up your save files in case you have multiple PS3 systems or you want to upgrade your HDD.

Being a victim of the YLOD too and now with an ugly Slim instead of the nice 60GB, I didn't see this as funny at all. Why would anyone think the YLOD was a good thing? Why anyone would think that YLOD was okay is beyond me, so I really don't understand why you would jump to that conclusion. Maybe you should look up the word "sarcasm."

The whole poing of the comment was to show that when a console dies Sony has made it so that you say "Oh, my console died, guess I better get a new one" instead of "Crap, my console died and now I have to buy a new one so I can play all my old games again so I can do whatever I want in them again." Good business for Sony, but why can't they just make something that lasts more than a few years?

Message 29 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Feb 1, 2011

aww the fat ps3's mine had the laser go out at 1 year 2 days - fixed myself - 80 buks off ebay. caught the ylod @ 1 yr 4 months

i agree with the post about how long electronics should last - if my slim dies im done with sony

but both major systems - rushed to get there stuff on the market - suxbox had the rrod and ps had the ylod.

Message 30 of 65 (6 Views)
0 Likes