I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Online Saves (Cloud saving) confirmed for Plus Members

Feb 1, 2011

Stellazira - This is what sucks about forums, and the written word.  It is sort of hard to express inflection, sarcasm, emotion, etc.  Thus my reference for emotes.  Since I don't know you, your history, etc, there was no way for me to have any sort of point of reference to your sarcasm.  I certainly did not take your post as Sony wants us to think PS3 systems are disposable, so no biggie if another YLoD pops up in the Calvert household.

Message 31 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Feb 1, 2011

Sweet, it's features not discounts that will sell PS+

Kudos Sony

Photobucket
Message 32 of 65 (7 Views)
Sackboy
623 posts

Feb 1, 2011

moho-foe wrote:

Sweet, it's features not discounts that will sell PS+

Kudos Sony

Photobucket

well I think both together are a Plus, but I agree we want features.

Message 33 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Feb 1, 2011

This was pretty much confirmed at e3 last year so i don't understand why everyone is making it seem like they had no idea this was coming and spamming the forums about it.

But if they don't make it manditory for developers from day 1 then they shouldn't bother with it at all.

Message 34 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Feb 1, 2011

This new feature confirmed or not it should be made available to all PS3 users. Not just Plus members bs even though I have Plus. it is discriminatory to leave almost all ps3 users out of this useful ps3 essential feature.

Message 35 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Feb 1, 2011

Notorious,

I fail to see how "it is discriminatory to leave almost all ps3 users out" of the cloud save feature. It is a service that will require servers and personnel to manage the service. The cost to give it to Plus users is supplemented by subscription fees while they dont have those fees coming in from all regular users. Its hard to discriminate on the basis of purchasing an item. It would be like saying Donald Trump is discriminatory against all Americans because he has a private jet and most other Americans don't. It just doesn't make sense to use discriminatory in that context.

Message 36 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Feb 2, 2011

Agreed, these things aren't free on Sony's end. I do think that checking for updates and automatically downloading them should be available for everyone, since the strain it puts on the network is probably negligible. I could be wrong though.

Message 37 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Feb 2, 2011

Ok I've been waitingatiently for someone to say this but no one has yet. So I guess I will

Did anyone read free to plus members? Hulu is an ap us plus members got - was it free? Not the full version

Just wanted to throw that out there.

But to be honest if its not ridiculous I'll pay for it

Having ylod TWICE, losing a maddens franchise save file because I lost power while the game was saving. It happens. So I'll be glad to have a cloud - even if it means dough

Also please realize this hasn't been officially announced - if I remember correctly this site (Kotaku or something like that has been wrong in the past. Aren't they the one who stirred up the xgc rumours?

I don't mean to be negative - but till i read it on the blog il take with a grain of salt

Message 38 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4901 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Yeah jbslayer, it was never confirmed by Sony even at E3. About pricing, I was also thinking the same. I'm willing to pay up to $15 per year for the service since I have so many saves that are copy protected. I still don't understand why Sony even provides ways for devs to make it difficult to back-up your data. Just lock the files to a PSN account and allow us to back them up.

Message 39 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Feb 5, 2011

yeah its cofusing to me also - games like gt5 let us copy are saves; but you can not use them on another account. there still protected that way - so i dont see why a cloud would be diffrent.

but oh well now its a waiting game - BUT if we dont have it in a month people will be screaming that they were suppose to get this with plus- just like xgc; which sony never confirmed

Message 40 of 65 (7 Views)
0 Likes