Jul 16 2013
By: Emerald_Swords MVP Support 9600 posts

Online Servers for MAG, SOCOM 4, SOCOM Confrontation Turn off January 28th, 2014

[ Edited ]
41 replies 435 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

Hopefully you weren’t planning on waiting much longer to play MAG, SOCOM 4, or SOCOM Confrontation online as Sony has announced that the servers for all three titles will be shut off on January 28th, 2014.

While that is definitely more than enough warning for everyone to get their final fill of these titles before you can’t play them online anymore, it always sucks when servers shut down for any game. On the brightside, these games are cheap right now from EB Games in Canada and GameStop USA (if you can find them used), as you’ll see below:

MAG

SOCOM Confrontation

SOCOM 4

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/16/online-servers-for-mag-socom-4-socom-confrontation-tu...

Message 1 of 42 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Online Servers for MAG, SOCOM 4, SOCOM Confrontation Turn off January 28th, 2014

Jul 16, 2013

That's a shame. I look forward to the angry threads both now, and in January.

Message 2 of 42 (429 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9600 posts

Re: Online Servers for MAG, SOCOM 4, SOCOM Confrontation Turn off January 28th, 2014

Jul 16, 2013
It's still possible to save these games if people are willing to jump on and PLAY THEM.

Demon souls is a great example.
Message 3 of 42 (421 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
237 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Hopefully you weren’t planning on waiting much longer to play MAG, SOCOM 4, or SOCOM Confrontation online as Sony has announced that the servers for all three titles will be shut off on January 28th, 2014.

While that is definitely more than enough warning for everyone to get their final fill of these titles before you can’t play them online anymore, it always sucks when servers shut down for any game. On the brightside, these games are cheap right now from EB Games in Canada and GameStop USA (if you can find them used), as you’ll see below:

MAG

SOCOM Confrontation

SOCOM 4

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/16/online-servers-for-mag-socom-4-socom-confrontation-tu...

Never played any of those games. Still though it's a shame when servers shut down, I imagine the online trophies (If there are any) will be impossible to get after the servers go down.

Message 4 of 42 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Jul 16, 2013
had a lot of fun times on MAG but it feels like it's about time.
Message 5 of 42 (409 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1606 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Emerald_Swords wrote:
It's still possible to save these games if people are willing to jump on and PLAY THEM.

Demon souls is a great example.

Won't be saved. I enjoyed Socom CA and under. Funny how Socom 4 is shutting down faster than the PS2 versions.
It'd be nice to have games with LAN again, doesn't require internet, great when you get together with friends and svers are no longer running.

Message 6 of 42 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Noooooooooooo... Not MAG, Smiley Sad 

It's the only FPS that I actually like, & I play it all the time... 

My Game is in a Box some where, & I can't get to it... 

I've been waiting for so long to Play it, & now it's being shut down... 

And why would anyone want to buy a Game that is being shut down? 

$5 doesn't mean anything if you only have till February to Play it, @_@ 

Are they nutz... MAG is the best FPS, it's also the only Game I actually use my Move Controller on... 

This really sux... I paid a lot for that Controller, & now the only Game I use with it is being Shut Down... 

Thanks a lot Sony... Now my Move Controller is utterly useless, Smiley Sad

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 42 (376 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Jul 17, 2013
A bunch of people still play mag though....

and now I am sad.

They better **bleep** make mag 2. Its the most requested thing on blog.share
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 8 of 42 (376 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I'm pretty sure their not going to make a MAG 2, if they do, i'm sure it won't be on PS3... 

& i'm pretty sure they'll ruin it if they do... 

Shutting MAG down will deffinately cut my PS3 Gamming down a bit, ~_~ 

If I ever get back on HOME, i'll be on HOME way more now that MAG is gone, @_@ 

Yes, I play other Games, too, but I mostly play MAG, more then anything... 

Because of how well it was made, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 42 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 17, 2013

So basically, if turns MAG into a worthless pile of matter in the shape of a video game?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 10 of 42 (359 Views)
0 Likes