Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2011
By: NKH96 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Online service is disabled on your PlayStation Network account due to parental control restrictions solution.

[ Edited ]
7 replies 11096 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

To fix this problem and allow the sub-account access to the multiplayer portion of the game that you are having trouble with, follow these instructions:

1) Find out the Playstation Customer Support number that you have to ring for your area.

Below is a link to a page with the Playsation Customer Support numbers listed:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Contact-Us-Playstation-Support-Number-0844-736...

2) With the Playstion Customer Support number for your area, ring Playstation Customer Support.

3) Ask the Playstation technical support opperator to remove all online restrictions for the sub-account.

*Note* You will need to know the sub-account's email adress and Playstation Network name. You will also need an adult to be with you when making the phone call to verify their permission to allow you to play online with your sub-account.

4) Have fun playing online on your sub-account after online restrictions have been taken off.

I had suffered from this problem for about two years but have recently been able to go online with my sub-account by using this procedure. I searched throughly through different forum pages and tried many solutions, all of them not allowing me to play online with my sub-account.

I have read on some Playstation online manuals that online restrictions can be turned off through the Parental Control section under Sub-account Management but, like many sub-account owners before me, was confused and frustrated by the option to do so not being there; only to find the option to allow or block chat and monthly spending options. Sony must have taken this option out sometime in the past.

The reason why they have taken this option out and have made it difficult to remove online restrictions is to make it hard for kids wanting to go online. They do this to make sure that the parent has given permission for the child to go online. A child may know the password needed to change the online restrictions for the sub-account and they could allow the sub-account to go online easily. They can't allow themselves to go online easily when they need an adult to verify permission over the phone so this is Sony's way of making sure that the parent gives permission for the child to go online.

What I find unbelievably unacceptable is the fact that Sony claims that you can remove online restrictions through the Sub-account Management section on the Master account. As this is a lie, it leaves many people, including me, bewildered and frustrated. Another thing that is wrong is how there are many people who don't know how to fix this problem. Sony could say on their pages related to sub-accounts, how to allow the sub-account to go online by calling their Cusomer Support lines.

So this is how to fix the problem of not being able to go online with a sub-account and we have to use this method, wether we like it or not.

--

Edit: Updated to fix giant wall of text (Note: I'm not suggesting this is a valid solution). 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (11,096 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Online service is disabled on your PlayStation Network account due to parental control restricti

Nov 6, 2012

What is the only thing that is disabled is my online chat?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (10,309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Online service is disabled on your PlayStation Network account due to parental control restricti

Jun 24, 2013

That's great info and all, but why in the devil is my MASTER ACCOUNT being blocked from online content? Everything on my system is set to off, and yet trying to get online it pops off with this crap...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (7,911 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Jun 24, 2013
As long as when you setup the account and you verify you're old enough it won't restrict you. I have 3 accounts and have never had a problem getting online.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (7,873 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7551 posts

Jun 24, 2013

SetzerGamble wrote:

That's great info and all, but why in the devil is my MASTER ACCOUNT being blocked from online content? Everything on my system is set to off, and yet trying to get online it pops off with this crap...

You probably got banned.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (7,864 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Jun 24, 2013

SetzerGamble wrote:

you either got banned, or your age is made younger than 13 years old....

if you got banned, you should start checking your email, even you junk folder, for any emails from Sony. As it will explain why you are banned.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (7,845 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Unfortunately, I tried this today with the UK helpline, and they said they were unable to do it, for legal reasons.

Looks like the only choice is a new, separate sub-account :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (6,238 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
183 posts

Dec 23, 2013

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since it's been suggested that it doesn't work and it was originally necrobumped from 2011.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (6,221 Views)
0 Likes