Highlighted
Mar 16 2008
By: Red-5x Lombax Warrior 115 posts
Accepted Solution

PLAYSTATION 3 Repair Service.....

60 replies 15301 views Edited Mar 16, 2008

Hi:

I need some help here, please. I have a 60GB's PLAYSTATION 3 and it died a few time ago. The PS3 was opened (no waranty anyway) trying to find a way to Fix it. That didn't work and now I wanna send it to the Service Center. My cuestion are:

May I send it to the Service Center?

Even Opened, Do I have to paid $150 or it's different price?

Will I recieve a PLAYSTATION 3 with a 60GB Motherboard (you know, for the PS2 and PSOne games)?

Thank's

Red 5.

Thanks

Red 5.
Message 1 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31042 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION 3 Repair Service.....

Mar 16, 2008

Red-5x wrote:

Hi:

I need some help here, please. I have a 60GB's PLAYSTATION 3 and it died a few time ago. The PS3 was opened (no waranty anyway) trying to find a way to Fix it. That didn't work and now I wanna send it to the Service Center. My cuestion are:

May I send it to the Service Center? yes

Even Opened, Do I have to paid $150 or it's different price? you pay $150

Will I recieve a PLAYSTATION 3 with a 60GB Motherboard (you know, for the PS2 and PSOne games)? yes

Thank's

Red 5.

Message 2 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2796 posts

Mar 16, 2008
u have to call them first, and ask them if u can still get it fixed, since u opened it up, but since u dont have warranty anyways, i think its ok. u will have to pay $150 though
Message 3 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Mar 16, 2008

Hi:

Thank's eagles1990. I can't call SONY right now (don't ask why jejeje) but your help is GREAT.

I'm sorry but i didn't ask before..... can you (or another person) help me?

May I take my PLAYSTATION 3 and go to the Service Center or I MUST to talk SONY?

How can I pay the $150 dollars?

Only the System is send it or another thing is required (HDD, SixAxiS, etc)? Which one?

Do I loose my Online ID or may I get Online with the same Online ID in the new system?

Thank's

Red 5.

Thanks

Red 5.
Message 4 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 14, 2008

My PS3 60 gb quit working completely! No lights, no sound, NOTHING! At first I though the breaker for the wall outlet had tripped but, the surge protector was still on and so was the television and everything else that was plugged into it. Anyway, after the playstation had cooled down, I pressed the ps button on the controller and it came on again and everything was normal, but then there was this awful stink coming from it like something was burning! I quickly turned it off when I realized that the fan wasn't running because I knew that if I allowed it to get too hot it would fry the processor.

I took the unit apart and sure enough, it was the fan that was doing all the stinking. I soon found out that you can't just run out and buy one of these 160mm fans just anywhere, and the one that I did find on the net was like $50! So I checked on ebay and found one (1). I got it for less than fifty bucks and I hope its in good working condition as it was advertised, but... I guess I'll just have to wait and see...?

Anyway, I've set up the room so that all of my game consoles and electronics are getting plenty of cool air from the air conditioning vent in the floor. Hopfully I won't have this problem any more. 

Message 5 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

May 14, 2008

Red-5x wrote:

Hi:

Thank's eagles1990. I can't call SONY right now (don't ask why jejeje) but your help is GREAT.

I'm sorry but i didn't ask before..... can you (or another person) help me?

May I take my PLAYSTATION 3 and go to the Service Center or I MUST to talk SONY?

How can I pay the $150 dollars?

Only the System is send it or another thing is required (HDD, SixAxiS, etc)? Which one?

Do I loose my Online ID or may I get Online with the same Online ID in the new system?

Thank's

Red 5.

You NEED to call Sony.  1-800-345-SONY.  They'll send you the coffin to put your ps3 into.  You have to include the peripherals and plugs that were included with the ps3 and ship it to Sony.   They can refuse service to your ps3 though.  Your Online ID is stored ONLINE, so you can put your ID on your new ps3 when you receive it.   You will lose all your game saves and data UNLESS you can back it up to an external hdd first.

Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Message 6 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 3, 2009

Hey everyone, i have recently been playing COD 4.

for some reason i pressed the PS button to check my mail and all of a sudden it locked up (freezed) and went to a fuzzy screen, i sorta paniced and turned it off on the back and now i will turn on, do everything e.g take in disc, make "beep" and will do EVERYTHING accept, boot up.

it starts up with the beep but it isnt coming up with the home-screen, its F***ed so i have got to look for a repair.

i have gone through sony and they want to charge £155 for a exchange?

thats a bit much.

i dont know what to do so if any of you have a surgestion can you please, please......PLEASE tell me..... i need my PS3 :'(

BTW XBOX SUCKS!!!!

(had to say it)

Message 7 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2009

need to find a shop to repair my PS3 system

Ineed help thanks zip code  90033

Message 8 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 17, 2009
I recently had my 60 playstation3 repaired at a shop 2hrs. away from my home.I went there and waited while they fixed my unit.I was able to see them in action and wow was I impressed was worried sick because I'm on the damn thing every night.I called sonys hotline and they told me that I might receive a different unit If they were unable to fix it.I didn't want another unit."I wanted mine".So I searched on google and found this site http://www.psr1.com/ and talked to a tech there and he said he knows these units inside and out.To end the story he fixed the unit in 15 min.cleaned my ps3 and handed it back with all my information still on my harddrive...I highly recommend using these guys..If you need you unit back right away and want to spend only 100 bucks call or contact PSR1.com...     
Message 9 of 61 (15,301 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 25, 2009

yeah i've had the same problem. just got YLOD on my 60gb launch day ps3.

i was wondering if i wud lose all my trophy information(currently on level 6) if i sent my ps3 2 sony and they give me a new 1 back with a new Hard drive

or would i HAVE to backup my hard drive first to keep my trophies?

i know this probably should be the least of my worries at this moment in time but i've worked hard and played many hours for these trophies

i would appreciate it if sum1 could answer this 4 me

- also my PS3 'broke down' in the middle of playing far cry 2 and the disc is still inside

my other question is wud sony return/provide a new copy of the game if i send my ps3 in with the disc still inside?

Thanks

Message Edited by iRobot_invadr on 04-25-2009 04:13 AM
Message 10 of 61 (15,301 Views)
0 Likes