Treasure Hunter
7088 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION 3 Repair Service.....

Apr 25, 2009

iRobot_invadr wrote:

1) i was wondering if i wud lose all my trophy information(currently on level 6) if i sent my ps3 2 sony and they give me a new 1 back with a new Hard drive

2) my other question is wud sony return/provide a new copy of the game if i send my ps3 in with the disc still inside?

1) Your trophies are tied to your PSN on Sony's servers. So you won't lose them.

2) You will get your disc back. Make sure you notify them that the game is inside. 

Photobucket
Message 11 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3464 posts

Apr 25, 2009

iRobot_invadr wrote:

yeah i've had the same problem. just got YLOD on my 60gb launch day ps3.

i was wondering if i wud lose all my trophy information(currently on level 6) if i sent my ps3 2 sony and they give me a new 1 back with a new Hard drive

or would i HAVE to backup my hard drive first to keep my trophies?

i know this probably should be the least of my worries at this moment in time but i've worked hard and played many hours for these trophies

i would appreciate it if sum1 could answer this 4 me

- also my PS3 'broke down' in the middle of playing far cry 2 and the disc is still inside

my other question is wud sony return/provide a new copy of the game if i send my ps3 in with the disc still inside?

Thanks

Message Edited by iRobot_invadr on 04-25-2009 04:13 AM

no you would not it is on a server on psn.

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 12 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 20, 2009
Guys i have this one question i had a disc in the drive of my ps3 when i took it apart how can align the plastic eject
Message 13 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2009
MY LAUNCH DAY 60G PS3 HAS FAILED ME 3 TIMES NOW. ONCE IT WAS FIXED UNDER THE ONE YEAR WARRANTY, THE SECOND TIME I HAD IT FIXED AS A GOODWILL SERVICE, AND NOW IT GOES OUT AGAIN AND SONY WANTS $150 TO FIX IT. WELL F**K THEM!!! I SPENT OVER $400 ON THIS CRAP SYSTEM WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY NOT A PIECE OF EXPENSIVE CRAP.  I HATE SONY AND WILL BOYCOTT ALL THEIR PRODUCTS AND EXPRESS MY THOUGHTS ABOUT SONY WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.  LETS SAY I DIDN'T GET THAT GOODWILL SERVICE, THATS $150 DOWN THE DRAIN, AND THEN IT GOES OUT AGAIN, ANOTHER $150 GONE. THAT WOULD TALLY MY PS3 TO $700.  I'M SORRY BUT THATS JUST COMPLETE BS ON SONY'S PART.
Message 14 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 5, 2010
good thing you didn't buy at launch for 600..
Message 15 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9575 posts

Jan 5, 2010

WestCoastAvenger wrote:

You resurrected this old thread just to say that ?

Photobucket
Message 16 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jan 5, 2010
you dont loose ur trophies when u switch hard drives or anything its all online...u just have to sync it n presto..u have trophies lol
Photobucket
Message 17 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Jan 5, 2010

Ariiel wrote:

WestCoastAvenger wrote:

Funny.
Message 18 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 5, 2010

Ariiel wrote:

WestCoastAvenger wrote:

i'm just trying to be a loser like you with your 7555 posts..

Message Edited by WestCoastAvenger on 01-05-2010 02:38 PM
Message 19 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 6, 2010

Hello. 

I need help, please. Back in November, my PlayStation3 fell while I was playing Tekken 6 with the music player playing my music. When it fell, it became unplugged so the system turned off. I plugged it back in and it gave me a message saying that the console was improperly shut down and that doing so could cause damage to the system or corrupt data. I believe it froze after that and it turned off. For some reason, since that day, every time I go to the music player and play songs, the music would freeze, skip, or not play at all. Even when I played certain games such as Burnout Paradise, Marvel Vs. Capcom, or Tekken 6 while having the music player playing, the songs would still freeze, skip, or not play at all. Two months later, while I was playing BlazBlue, my console turned off and the power light began to blink red. I would turn it back on and the power light would still flash red. The PS3 did this yesterday when I had it off for the whole day. I decided to move it away from my living room into my bed room and after I played BlazBlue for about 15 minutes, the PS3 turned off. I placed the PS3 about a foot away from the walls and I have not moved it from this current location. When I turned it back on, it shut down and began to flash the red light. I got my PS3 on October 2, 2008 at a GameStop. Do I still have a warranty? Can this be fixed? Should I turn it back on? Please help me, SONY. All my XBOX friends are laughing at me because they think I made a poor decision in my console purchase. 

Message 20 of 61 (483 Views)
0 Likes