PlayStation MVP
16208 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION 3 Repair Service.....

Jun 10, 2011

cooljoe895 wrote:

My 60GBps3 unexepectely turned off last night and when i tried turning it on again the light went green and after a few seconds the light turned oranged and did 3 beeps and the light started blinking red untill i press the on/off button again then it turns to a solid red light. i have tried turning it on several times and the same thig keeps happening. I have not yet opened up my ps3 in fear that the problem will become worse. i got my ps3 in early 2007 so my warenty is long gone.

is their a solution to this problem?

is the ofline data on my ps3 still salvageable?

You got the YLOD. You can try to repair it yourself. Here's a link:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/552918

Or you can send it to Sony. Or you can send it to a third party repair shop. Endless Electronics comes recommended.

The only way to retrieve your data is to get it working again.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 57 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 11, 2012
My kids have been playing call of duty black ops online. They have 3 ps3s in the house and of the 3 only 2 have ever been used to play cod online. The first system did the same thing As u. It only happen in online mode. 1system we thought was a glitch and just our system, but then when we hooked the 2nd system up, within 2 hours of online game play, the exact thing happened to it! I think this is something caused by Sony and COD online, and am going to contact Sony about this. Especially since I have saw your post and same game caused same problems to yours.
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 57 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2012
If I mail my ps3 back to Sony, because of yellow light of death!! Will that just send a completely new ps3??? And how do I send the ps3 to Sony??
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 57 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

red screen of death

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

I have the red screen of death what do i do and what will it cost me I have a playstation 3 from 6 years ago.what should I do should i send it in? what about all my trophys and saved data what happens to all of that can it be recoverd?

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 57 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 1, 2013

I have a ps3 that got the yellow light of death and sent it in to get repaired but do not have the original hard drive that it came with it , can it still be fixed?

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 57 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Just a heads up I sent in my 60gb launch ps3 into Sony because of ylod. I broke the seal to do a reflow once before but that only lasted as long as it took to beat Last of Us. They had a special offer that for $100 I could get a ps3 slim instead so I went for it. After a pretty painless and extremely no involvement process either that dropping my ylod ps3 for shipment, I just received a 250gb super slim instead....feeling pretty good about the deal. The only ps2 game I played was crash bandicoot and there's a download now for that. My game data was lost but I'm not going to lose any sleep. As long as this new ps3 lasts a year ill be happy and ill get a ps4. Thank u sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 57 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

I have a 120GB PS3 slim and for the past two months it has been freezing up on me while I am playing a game i have tried different games on it and checked all the disk no scratches on them they have all been cleaned and i have blown out the system and have restored my files , system , and the whole PS3 system and it still freezing when i play a game i get about a half hour to an hour of game play should i take it to a local Authorized PS3 repair shop and how much would it be???

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 57 (71 Views)
0 Likes