Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 19 2013
By: Mr_Quartermain First Son 1 posts

PLAYSTATION 4 BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 224 views Edited May 19, 2013

OK, so playstation it's fine that you put out all this information about how awesome PS4 is going to be, how powerful it is, and even how innovative you all have been.  Honestly though. I dont care about all that.  All I want to know is whether or not the system will be backwards compatible??

If I have to pay for backwards compatibility I can tell you right now I WILL NOT buy a PS4.  I will wait 5 yrs down the line whenever PS5 is coming out and then think about it.  I will more than likely buy the XBOX INFINITY since they have demonstrated their concern and understand the customers desire for BC. 

That being said.....PLAYSTATION WHAT'S THE WORD!?!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4397 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION 4 BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY?

May 19, 2013

Some information has been said, but nothing really Official has been stated. Just wait until they announce it. It should be soon... We may hear something at E3 (next month) or after summer.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2602 posts

May 19, 2013

These kind of threads should really be combined into one super thread, this is just getting annoying.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (210 Views)
Sackboy
573 posts

May 19, 2013

i feel for you but it isnt going to happen... i might have to revert back to PC gaming me thinks.:robotindifferent:

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

May 19, 2013

Bulletpainpills wrote:

These kind of threads should really be combined into one super thread, this is just getting annoying.

We get one or 2 about every other day. :smileymad:

www.ganjaoutlaws.com
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7797 posts

May 19, 2013
Your PS3 will not magically disappear if you buy a PS4. It will not immediately stop working or blow up.

If the PS4 was b/c, it would cost about $1,200, because it would need the PS3 hardware and extra cooling components to keep it from melting.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (185 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24142 posts

May 19, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

i feel for you but it isnt going to happen... i might have to revert back to PC gaming me thinks.:robotindifferent:

... And when you find out some of your games don't work with Windows 8?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (174 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1858 posts

May 19, 2013

people not buying the ps4 just because no bc is pretty redicuolous IMO.  If you own a ps3 why don't u just keep that?  Even if you do not have enough space on your tv you don't have to keep them connected. Just put the console somewhere else. I buy new consoles for new games not the other way around

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (168 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24142 posts

May 19, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

people not buying the ps4 just because no bc is pretty redicuolous IMO.  If you own a ps3 why don't u just keep that?  Even if you do not have enough space on your tv you don't have to keep them connected. Just put the console somewhere else. I buy new consoles for new games not the other way around

Because if they did that, then they couldn't be OUTRAGED!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (166 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24142 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Mr_Quartermain wrote:

OK, so playstation it's fine that you put out all this information about how awesome PS4 is going to be, how powerful it is, and even how innovative you all have been.  Honestly though. I dont care about all that.  All I want to know is whether or not the system will be backwards compatible??

If I have to pay for backwards compatibility I can tell you right now I WILL NOT buy a PS4.  I will wait 5 yrs down the line whenever PS5 is coming out and then think about it.  I will more than likely buy the XBOX INFINITY since they have demonstrated their concern and understand the customers desire for BC. 

That being said.....PLAYSTATION WHAT'S THE WORD!?!

Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeally???

http://www.neowin.net/news/ea-exec-its-unlikely-next-xbox-will-play-xbox-360-games

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-games/play-original-games

The following game list is final as of November 2007. No additional original Xbox games will be added to this list.

They were so "concerned" that they took it away from the 360 and you never even noticed. So I supposed now you're going to be "outraged" at them too? 

All of a sudden "gamers" are so principled that they need to take a stand against everything and ANYTHING, when all the while things happen right under their noses that they just let slide on by. This isn't about backwards compatibility, it's about piling on the outrage against Sony because that's what everyone else is doing.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (163 Views)