PlayStation MVP
50769 posts

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jul 8, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

fostermacation wrote:

From what people tell me it's not up to Sony to compensate players for down time and is in the user agreement that the PSN if it has trouble you just have to deal with it.

TOS says Sony doesnt have to but if there is a large outage for a long period of time. Sony ill. They already proven that when the pSn went down a few years ago. Were talking 10  min to hour segments of the PSN being down.

No we aren't talking any specific lenght of time, we are talking all outages.  If it is 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month, or whatever it is.  Sony should not be able to collect money for a pre-paid service, such as PSN access on the PS4 through PS+, while not having to be responsible to the customer to provide said service.  

Message 161 of 823 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5123 posts

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

No we aren't talking any specific lenght of time, we are talking all outages.  If it is 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month, or whatever it is.  Sony should not be able to collect money for a pre-paid service, such as PSN access on the PS4 through PS+, while not having to be responsible to the customer to provide said service.  

Again there is NO organization in the world that will compensate a user for a 1 minute to 3 hour outage. Even in business class contracts they will only guarantee 99.999% of uptime and you are paying a pretty penny for business class solutions, much more that $5/month! Even at 99% that is 3.5 days per year of downtime and wouldn't you think 99% is pretty good?

3.6 hours of outage per month is 99.5% - I will take that. And no court will decide in your favor for that loss of time.

You are nit picking at nothing. You are trying to create outrage over nothing.

Again if you have 1 day of outage, Sony has shown they will add one day or more to your account. It has happened.

You claim your cable company will pro-rate for 1 hour, no they won't. For residential service I don't believe there are ANY providers that have an uptime guarantee. This is a business class feature. Again if it is a substantial outage that is caused by them then yes they will pro-rate or add time to your service. I have had this happen.

Here is New Wave's marketing. This should be a good indicator of their stance.

http://www.nwnc.net/

"We monitor our network on a 24x7 basis, ensuring the highest possible uptime and support for our customers"

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

"Also, Sony does owe me free online multiplayer on PS4 and all future consoles, but that's it."
Message 162 of 823 (301 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50769 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jul 8, 2014

Roxous wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Roxous wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Hi everyone.  I wanted to make a thread to discuss how you, I, and hopefully someone from Sony (if they will chime in) feel about not being able to access the PSN when, if you are on the PS4, you now have to pre-pay for access to via PS+. 

What are your views on how Sony should handle PSN outages when we are all required to pay for PS+ in advance to get online and access games that we paid for such as BF4 or use features such as the party chat or trophies which are part of PSN?

My view is as follows:

1)  I have prepaid for a service and I should be able to receive the service I paid for

2)  If Sony can not provide the service they had me pre-pay for they should refund me for the time I am not able to use the service they agreed to provide by virtue of accepting my payment for said service.  EDIT: By refund for time I mean if I'm out for 24 hours add 24 hours to my PS+ before it expires, some comments did not realize this is what I was saying) 

Seems like common sense, right?   You offer a service, someone pays you for it, you don't deliver, you provide compensation to the person who paid for what you did not deliver.

If it was down for a week sure but you can't really expect to add up a few hours each month and refund you accordingly. Also, at $49 a year your basically only paying 14 cents a day. So if it was down lets say two days complete 24hr days every month you would be refunded $1.68 for that year. Thats if it was down 24 full days. Is that really worth it?

According to the current TOS if it is down for a week we are just going to have to take it and like it.   See where I'm coming from now, I'm talking principle here while others are all wrapped up in the money part.  I paid for it, provide it, if you don't provied it compensate me in some way.  I'll edit the first post to clarify this part.

I can actually understand you on a principle basis. Thats much more understandable. To be fair though. Last time PSN was down for that long was the hacking and we did receive compensation.

I think alot of the problem is that maintenance is always global so someone has to deal with 6hrs of downtime during peak time.  It needs to be moved to regional time when traffic is low.

Shane, do you understand the subject at hand now?  Your response to me above shows you do not.

I also am done having a circular argument on it.  Go through the thread and you will see both personal examples of companies that make sure you receive what you pre-pay for and another gaming service that does it exactly the way I'm stating that the TOS should be changed to allow. 

Message 163 of 823 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5123 posts

Jul 8, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Roxous wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Roxous wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Hi everyone.  I wanted to make a thread to discuss how you, I, and hopefully someone from Sony (if they will chime in) feel about not being able to access the PSN when, if you are on the PS4, you now have to pre-pay for access to via PS+. 

What are your views on how Sony should handle PSN outages when we are all required to pay for PS+ in advance to get online and access games that we paid for such as BF4 or use features such as the party chat or trophies which are part of PSN?

My view is as follows:

1)  I have prepaid for a service and I should be able to receive the service I paid for

2)  If Sony can not provide the service they had me pre-pay for they should refund me for the time I am not able to use the service they agreed to provide by virtue of accepting my payment for said service.  EDIT: By refund for time I mean if I'm out for 24 hours add 24 hours to my PS+ before it expires, some comments did not realize this is what I was saying) 

Seems like common sense, right?   You offer a service, someone pays you for it, you don't deliver, you provide compensation to the person who paid for what you did not deliver.

If it was down for a week sure but you can't really expect to add up a few hours each month and refund you accordingly. Also, at $49 a year your basically only paying 14 cents a day. So if it was down lets say two days complete 24hr days every month you would be refunded $1.68 for that year. Thats if it was down 24 full days. Is that really worth it?

According to the current TOS if it is down for a week we are just going to have to take it and like it.   See where I'm coming from now, I'm talking principle here while others are all wrapped up in the money part.  I paid for it, provide it, if you don't provied it compensate me in some way.  I'll edit the first post to clarify this part.

I can actually understand you on a principle basis. Thats much more understandable. To be fair though. Last time PSN was down for that long was the hacking and we did receive compensation.

I think alot of the problem is that maintenance is always global so someone has to deal with 6hrs of downtime during peak time.  It needs to be moved to regional time when traffic is low.

Shane, do you understand the subject at hand now?  Your response to me above shows you do not.

I also am done having a circular argument on it.  Go through the thread and you will see both personal examples of companies that make sure you receive what you pre-pay for and another gaming service that does it exactly the way I'm stating that the TOS should be changed to allow. 

Actually I think YOU are a bit confused. You are questioning me but quoting someone else.

You do not seem to understand what is reasonable and acceptable. If someone pays $30 for a service for one year and it goes down for an hour or three, it is perfectly acceptable. There isn't one business in the world that will pro-rate or reimburse you for that time. That is unreasonable. Again, if it is a day, two or three than yes they will do something, Sony HAS done this in the past. I don't see what your issue is other than unreasonable expectations.

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

"Also, Sony does owe me free online multiplayer on PS4 and all future consoles, but that's it."
Message 164 of 823 (272 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50769 posts

Jul 14, 2014

No that wasn't confusion, that was me quoting someone who understood precisely what I was getting at after I clarified from their initial confusion.   I was showing you that so you would maybe comprehend my position properly since you continued to misrepresent what I was saying.

That is all.

You don't think it is reasonable to ask for the PSN time I pre pay for when the PSN goes down due to Sony, that is your opinion which I do not share.   I find it more than reasonable, I think it should actually be common sense, that a company provide the services you pay for.   I don't think you and I will come to any agreement there as I don't usually stay quiet when there is a policy that is bad for me as a consumer.

Message 165 of 823 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11378 posts

Jul 14, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

No that wasn't confusion, that was me quoting someone who understood precisely what I was getting at after I clarified from their initial confusion.   I was showing you that so you would maybe comprehend my position properly since you continued to misrepresent what I was saying.

That is all.

You don't think it is reasonable to ask for the PSN time I pre pay for when the PSN goes down due to Sony, that is your opinion which I do not share.   I find it more than reasonable, I think it should actually be common sense, that a company provide the services you pay for.   I don't think you and I will come to any agreement there as I don't usually stay quiet when there is a policy that is bad for me as a consumer.

If there is an outage of a decent time IT several hours or days yes 100% I do not expect Sony to go ohh black0Panther we were down 10 seconds. Let me add this back to your time. Thats just expecting to much.

Message 166 of 823 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10537 posts

Jul 14, 2014
After doing some math. 1 hour of psn+ is worth 0.01 (rounded up from 0.005) the value of 1 hour of access is so small it ain't even worth compensating over..
>

Message 167 of 823 (222 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50769 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

That is all.

If there is an outage of a decent time IT several hours or days yes 100% I do not expect Sony to go ohh black0Panther we were down 10 seconds. Let me add this back to your time. Thats just expecting to much.

I'm not even trying to get into specifics, as the TOS is general and not specific.

If we were going to get specific I would say any outage of 12 hours, or longer, caused by sony should be added to the PS+ time.  

Message 168 of 823 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3734 posts

Jul 14, 2014

Quit bumping your own thread. You're not going to get any kind of compensation so end it. No need for an endless post with you crying over lost time. You're losing many more hours posting on this thread alone than you will over the course of a year from Sony downtime. Get over it.

Message 169 of 823 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10537 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2014
Want someone to mail .12 cents to you because that's about how much it's worth..

You have to understand no company guarantees 24/7 service, and unless the downtime was unexpected and for a long duration like for an entire day or more they will not compensate you and they shouldn't be required to do at all, ..

What if you lost access to psn because the power went down in the area you live? Would you expect Sony to compensate you? No you wouldn't because it's not sonys fault that your power went out..

I've seen these type of threads before and every time people say that's just not the way it works..
Sony is trying to be as fair as possible to us by compensating us for unplanned outages that lasted longer then usual like what happened years ago when Sony was forced to shut it down for a couple months.. But it's a 2 way street. We need to also be fair to them and not demand compensation for every time psn goes down for a few hours due to maintenance..
>

Message 170 of 823 (198 Views)