Platinum
55486 posts

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Whatever floats your boat then.

Its ridiculous, isn't it?  I can understand if it were down for an extended period of time, but 3 hours is hardly anything.  Reading these posts just makes me shake my head.  Someone's just wanting to rant.  

Once again, it isn't about the actual 3 hours or whatever it was, it is about the principle of the Terms of Service indemnifying Sony when they fail to provide a pre-paid service.   When it is something that goes wrong on their end our PS+ should be extended for that time.  3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, whatever it is. 

This is not a rant at all, this is an attempt to shine a light on part of the TOS that I feel should be changed.  

You have yet to provide a counter argument to my position that has any legs.  Why not defend the part of the TOS you seem to like so much?   It is in the second post.

Message 91 of 883 (1,931 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Jun 26, 2014

I originally posted this is the other Thread in OT, but for the sake of completeness I'll re-post it here too.

This section of the T o S doesn't overly worry me, it's pretty standard wording for something like this. If PSN goes down for an hour or a day, maybe even two days, I'm like meh, so what, if it's a week or more then I agree, some kind of small compensation is probably in order.

Seeing as @PLYMCO_PILGRIM is talking about complaints about the system being down, which I assume comes from yesterday's issues, did you see all the 'cry babies' in the support forums yesterday, it was like day care in there!!!

BRIT-KO

ADDITION: Sorry I'm missing the bigger picture PP Smiley Sad

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 92 of 883 (1,929 Views)
Platinum
55486 posts

Jun 26, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Whatever floats your boat then.

Its ridiculous, isn't it?  I can understand if it were down for an extended period of time, but 3 hours is hardly anything.  Reading these posts just makes me shake my head.  Someone's just wanting to rant.  

What if it was 3 days, would that change your mind?  I ask because the TOS allows for the PSN, that we pay for in advance with PS+ on the PS4, to go down indefiniately without any form of compensation for the lost time for us, the consumers.  

I get it, some people are being petty and annoying, but you are doing a disservice to the thread by ignoring its intent with your response(s).

It wasn't three days. We can play the "what if" game all day long. What if Bruce Wayne's parents lived? What if Elenaor Roosevelt could fly? It doesn't change anything.

There are time when you're not going to turn on your Playstation or use the Playstation Network. Does everyone really take their PS3/PS4 with them when they go out of town? Or how about when you're in transit? If you add up all the down time you spend while not using the Playstation Network, should you be compensated for that, too? Of course not. They said that the network would be subject to routine maintenance, now you can't pull the act of "oh, but it really doesn't mean anything".

I really do wish that the gamer cognoscenti never learned the word "compensation" on their Word of the Day toilet paper.

Try paying attention to the actual argument being made and stop with the strawmen there Captain.  You are very good with those, you do it in any topic which you don't want to directly handle the subject at hand.  

Again, when the PSN goes down due to Sony's actions, for an extended period of time, those who pay for PS+ for access to the PSN should be compensated for the time that Sony did not provide the pre-paid service.   

You told me not to play the what if game then went on to play what if in the response as well, that is too funny man. 

Try to keep it real and actually about what I'm talking about, not what you wish I was talking about to make your argument easier.  

Message 93 of 883 (1,925 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55486 posts

Jun 26, 2014

Teus wrote:
Some downtime from time to time is to be expected... Kinda hard to do system maintenance when the system is still running. So in those situations you won't get compensation..

But if for some reason the service goes down for an unexpected amount of time much like he outage couple years ago then they might compensate you for that..

Or they might not, we are currently at Sony's mercy on that with the way the TOS is.  I think it should be changed so that if the PSN goes down due to Sony for an extended period of time then those who have purchased the PS+ service to access PSN should be compensated for that time they lost after having pre-paid for.   

I still would love someone to explain why that is a bad thing, specifically those of you who are very negative on this idea.   All I've seen are whines and insults thrown around by most in the last few pages.

Message 94 of 883 (1,923 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55486 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

Blockhead_Brown wrote:

I would like to see a study. Look at the final 3 hours of every single subscription that expires and see how much of that time on average is actually used. If I'm using something in its final 3 hours most likely im renewing my subscription anyways. If I'm not renewing my subscription then most likely I'm not even using that final 3 hours.

I guess my point is if I lose an hour or two now that I would actually use, compensating me by adding one or two hours onto the END of my subscription isn't actually going to give me anything. I bet it's that way for 99.9% of the people out there too.

That said, I still dont like the contract as is.

And that is what we should all, regardless of how much we care about 3 hours, or 13 cents, or whatever else someone wants to focus on, should be fighting against as the consumer.   A bad contract (TOS Agreement) for us that indemnifies Sony if they fail to provide a pre paid paid service.   

I would like to see the study too, I probably wouldn't notice 3 hours but I'd notice a day or more.   If you look on your PS4 (or other system) it will actually tell you down to the minute how much time is left on your PS+, so I know Sony notices that Smiley Wink.

Message 95 of 883 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11662 posts

Jun 26, 2014

awtacular wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

all of the people that are somehow losing all sorts of time on PSN because of "outages" should all post your ISP.

i bet you most of you will have comcast or u-verse.

I've got Comcast myself and have yet to run into any problems on PSN aside from launch and that was pretty much a widespread problem and was to be expected. People on here are crying when they can't even get on for a split second and demanding free games and all kinds of other compenstation. Fix your own **bleep** before crying it's Sony's fault. or figure out something else to do for a couple minutes that you can't get online. **bleep** happens. It's always going to happen. It's happened with Xbox Live numerous times or even with individual game servers and they do not give you anything for it. Do you come crying each and every time you can't connect to COD or whatever other game you have they may have problems even though PSN or Live is working perfectly (probably a stupid question because I'm sure most of you do). Do you all cry when you're in a dead spot with your cell phone and get no service? People are getting more and more full of themselves and thinking they are entitled to everything. Hell even some idiot had the nerve to say he should be compensated for his free trial time he had on PSN. I mean seriously w t f... You're not going to get anything extra unless it's some kind of drastic outage and it affects everyone for a prolonged period of time and even then they don't have to do anything but they probably will.

hold your horses, save that for someone else. i'm not crying about anything. i know full well that issues arise and i would never expect compensation over lost time on PSN, unless it was prolonged like the 2011 outage. even then i did n't care as i felt fully compensated with the games offered.

Message 96 of 883 (1,905 Views)
MVP Support
11662 posts

Jun 26, 2014

DPsx7 wrote:

Uh, yes they have. We didn't ask for that update. They unnecessarily kicked us offline and I should be owed several months of free trials. We either need to make updates optional, limit them to once a year when something is actually useful, or request a third party to find a workaround.

none, i repeat, none of those are ever going to happen. not all of these updates are mandatory, most are. the ones that are contain more than you, or i think, or know. it contains code that we don't need to know about, mainly stability and security tweaks. this code is meant to protect all of us, sony doesn't know you, or your intentions. if they find a flaw in their system/security, they are going to slap the fix in an update and try to get it out to every playstation it's relevant to.

either way, sony has decided on their update process, you agreed to it by accepting your end of the deal. there is absolutely nothing you can do. 

you could always try legal action, but first i suggest going and reading all of the outcome documents of the otheros lawsuit case to see how far you'll get.

Message 97 of 883 (1,898 Views)
MVP Support
11662 posts

Jun 27, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:
@ctfw529

What if I told you that unexpected servers maintenance can happen at anytime? Without ever being notified....

don't have to tell me, i know full well, and i have no issues with it.

think you might've replied to the wrong person or misconstrued something i said.

Message 98 of 883 (1,898 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Jun 27, 2014

Just wanted to say, I'm absolutely loving this Thread PP, some fo the repsonses are just precious!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 99 of 883 (1,898 Views)
Survivor
1991 posts

Jun 27, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

Just wanted to say, I'm absolutely loving this Thread PP, some fo the repsonses are just precious!

BRIT-KO

what is PP?

Message 100 of 883 (1,891 Views)
0 Likes