Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
547 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 25, 2014

Just because it says its ok in the TOS.    Doesn't mean that its good business practice.    Many companies including my cable provider/ISP  will refund and credit my account for downtime.    How is anyone supposed to push sony to change anything if everytime someone brings up an issue somebody like you follows up with its ok its in the TOS or the TOS says this?       

Good business would be to correct the TOS to not be so vague and basically state that if downtime exceeds 1 day they will credit my plus for one day.        Does TOS protect sony?   Yes    but hopefully the gamers can push for change instead of justification.

Message 11 of 676 (617 Views)
MVP Support
12332 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

BloodSpillBill wrote:
I did it for a month by accident, you posted before I could correct

Even by a month, it's inaccurate lol.

$50 / 12 = $4.166666

$1.60 would be the price of about 13 days.

Still doesn't answer my question on why PSN is only down for what seems to be consoles.

Because I can play the Vita online and do everything normally.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 676 (610 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7297 posts

Jun 25, 2014
In my opinion, we should not receive any form of compensation if there is a SEN outage that lasts only for a couple days. Now if this outage were to last longer, perhaps some sort of compensation should be given. Looking back to when the network was infiltrated, Sony did compensate consumers.

I feel that maintaining a service cannot be done so perfectly and outages are expected to happen, PlayStation Plus member or not.
soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 13 of 676 (602 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Jun 25, 2014

TX11 wrote:

Just because it says its ok in the TOS.    Doesn't mean that its good business practice.    Many companies including my cable provider/ISP  will refund and credit my account for downtime.    How is anyone supposed to push sony to change anything if everytime someone brings up an issue somebody like you follows up with its ok its in the TOS or the TOS says this?       

Good business would be to correct the TOS to not be so vague and basically state that if downtime exceeds 1 day they will credit my plus for one day.        Does TOS protect sony?   Yes    but hopefully the gamers can push for change instead of justification.

This is my intent, I'm glad too see some do feel as I do :smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 676 (605 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Jun 25, 2014
No I had a brain fart and did 50 bucks for a month... Or 30 days. Thanks for still attempting to troll though :smileywink:
Message 15 of 676 (599 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
96 posts

If it was down for a week sure but you can't really expec...

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Hi everyone.  I wanted to make a thread to discuss how you, I, and hopefully someone from Sony (if they will chime in) feel about not being able to access the PSN when, if you are on the PS4, you now have to pre-pay for access to via PS+. 

What are your views on how Sony should handle PSN outages when we are all required to pay for PS+ in advance to get online and access games that we paid for such as BF4 or use features such as the party chat or trophies which are part of PSN?

My view is as follows:

1)  I have prepaid for a service and I should be able to receive the service I paid for

2)  If Sony can not provide the service they had me pre-pay for they should refund me for the time I am not able to use the service they agreed to provide by virtue of accepting my payment for said service.  

Seems like common sense, right?   You offer a service, someone pays you for it, you don't deliver, you provide compensation to the person who paid for what you did not deliver.

If it was down for a week sure but you can't really expect to add up a few hours each month and refund you accordingly. Also, at $49 a year your basically only paying 14 cents a day. So if it was down lets say two days complete 24hr days every month you would be refunded $1.68 for that year. Thats if it was down 24 full days. Is that really worth it?

Message 16 of 676 (598 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jun 25, 2014

I don't think we should be paid money or games, but adding the correct amount of downtime to your memberships' expiration date, I do support.

Message 17 of 676 (583 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

Roxous wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Hi everyone.  I wanted to make a thread to discuss how you, I, and hopefully someone from Sony (if they will chime in) feel about not being able to access the PSN when, if you are on the PS4, you now have to pre-pay for access to via PS+. 

What are your views on how Sony should handle PSN outages when we are all required to pay for PS+ in advance to get online and access games that we paid for such as BF4 or use features such as the party chat or trophies which are part of PSN?

My view is as follows:

1)  I have prepaid for a service and I should be able to receive the service I paid for

2)  If Sony can not provide the service they had me pre-pay for they should refund me for the time I am not able to use the service they agreed to provide by virtue of accepting my payment for said service.  EDIT: By refund for time I mean if I'm out for 24 hours add 24 hours to my PS+ before it expires, some comments did not realize this is what I was saying) 

Seems like common sense, right?   You offer a service, someone pays you for it, you don't deliver, you provide compensation to the person who paid for what you did not deliver.

If it was down for a week sure but you can't really expect to add up a few hours each month and refund you accordingly. Also, at $49 a year your basically only paying 14 cents a day. So if it was down lets say two days complete 24hr days every month you would be refunded $1.68 for that year. Thats if it was down 24 full days. Is that really worth it?

According to the current TOS if it is down for a week we are just going to have to take it and like it.   See where I'm coming from now, I'm talking principle here while others are all wrapped up in the money part.  I paid for it, provide it, if you don't provied it compensate me in some way.  I'll edit the first post to clarify this part.

Message 18 of 676 (577 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 25, 2014

i'm havig trouble signing in on my PS4 any knows what going on today ?

Message 19 of 676 (560 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
96 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Roxous wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

My view is as follows:

2)  If Sony can not provide the service they had me pre-pay for they should refund me for the time I am not able to use the service they agreed to provide by virtue of accepting my payment for said service.  EDIT: By refund for time I mean if I'm out for 24 hours add 24 hours to my PS+ before it expires, some comments did not realize this is what I was saying) 

According to the current TOS if it is down for a week we are just going to have to take it and like it.   See where I'm coming from now, I'm talking principle here while others are all wrapped up in the money part.  I paid for it, provide it, if you don't provied it compensate me in some way.  I'll edit the first post to clarify this part.

I can actually understand you on a principle basis. Thats much more understandable. To be fair though. Last time PSN was down for that long was the hacking and we did receive compensation.

I think alot of the problem is that maintenance is always global so someone has to deal with 6hrs of downtime during peak time.  It needs to be moved to regional time when traffic is low.

Message 20 of 676 (548 Views)