PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 25, 2014

zero179 wrote:

i'm havig trouble signing in on my PS4 any knows what going on today ?

They just updated the status of the PSN to "under maintenance"

Message 21 of 805 (1,079 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jun 25, 2014
Instead of a refund I would just like them to get there act together. The service is no better at 50$ then it was as a free service.
Message 22 of 805 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jun 25, 2014

He stated that  in one of his posts  to be fair  you must not have read it.   

Message 23 of 805 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jun 25, 2014

Sony did this for those who were down durring that huge Problem back on the PS3, even though you weren't required to use it... But now they aren't doing it for the PS4, and their making it mandatory that you use it? oO 

It's just a Money thing, I think... They do this on purpouse, who knows maybe they purposely nocked it down, @_@ 

I wouldn't put it past Sony to do that, I mean at this point they could almost just do anything... Especially with those Agreements they make you Sign before hand... I've read some pretty rediculous stuff in them back on the PS3, but who knows whats written in them now with the PS4 out, @_@ 

I mean, Cloud Saving & Plus as a Requirement, one can only guess what BS is written about that in the Terms of Service, or whatever Agreement they got now... 

--------------------

I'm pretty possitive that 1 Day doesn't nessesarily mean you need to be Compensated for, though... 
No one really complained about this on the PS3... Why now? It's only 1 Day... 

If it were a whole Month, i'd see why you need to Complain, but 1 Day? oO 

Again, i'm not paying for Plus, so this doesn't bother me either way, ^_^

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 24 of 805 (1,062 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14690 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

PlayStation Plus does not simply entail access to multiplayer games on the PS4. If that was the case the ~$0.13 would be "reasonable". However we're given discounts, betas and game trials, the instant game collection, 1GB of game savedata storage for each platform, all of this across the PS3, PS Vita and PS4.

So with that in mind how much of that $0.13 per day can one say accounts for the couple hours of downtime?

Most men want to open doors for themselves.

Fabulous!
Message 25 of 805 (1,049 Views)
PlayStation MVP
121 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

TX11 wrote:

He stated that  in one of his posts  to be fair  you must not have read it.   

Wow, take it easy. We're just talking and having a discussion. As I said in that post I can get behind it if its about the principle.

I had to look it up but It looks like we did get a free 30 days (60 days for people that were already subscribers) of PS+ then the hacking happened.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/03/welcome-back/

"In addition, we’re giving access to our premium subscription service, PlayStation Plus, which includes games, huge discounts, exciting exclusives and added features like online storage and automatic downloads, to all PSN members for 30 days at no charge, requiring no long term commitment. As with the games above, go to the PlayStation Store and under the ‘Welcome Back’ section, select ‘PlayStation Plus: 30 Days Free’, and you’ll be given access to all of the benefits of PlayStation Plus. Note that this will not auto-renew and simply expires 30 days after activation.

Current Plus subscribers receive an extra 60 days added to their existing subscription at no charge. For current Plus subscribers, no action is needed as the 60 days are automatically added to your subscription."

Message 26 of 805 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3186 posts

Jun 25, 2014

Not reading through 3 pages of probably useless replies but anways... Let me get this straight. Op, you want to be compensated for downtime? If you're any good at math PS+ cost about 13 cents a day. So for a few minutes or an hour of not getting to be online it's actually a lot less than that. We're talking like not even a half a cent for an hour of downtime.

Message 27 of 805 (1,024 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
11592 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

Well nexon america compensates for downed gaming time during maintenance and such by extending subscription services for the amount of time the game was down. Would be nice if sony would too

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 28 of 805 (1,016 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5849 posts

Jun 25, 2014
See the ToS says they dont compensate for maintenence or upgrades. When psn goes down (like it did for a few hours today) that does not fall under the ToS. It wasnt an upgrade or maintenance. Someone or something goofed.

That said a few hours is negligible to me (imo) if its down without reason for a day, yeah refund me a day. But random outages for a few hours, no dont bother.

And yeah I really wouldnt argue for the money. Its the time that is more important to me.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 29 of 805 (995 Views)
MVP Support
12565 posts

Jun 25, 2014

It was down for what, 3 hours?

So I guess Sony should compensate us with $0.017.

This is why I said I don't care unless it's for a long period of time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 805 (984 Views)