PlayStation MVP
51447 posts

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

awtacular wrote:

Not reading through 3 pages of probably useless replies but anways... Let me get this straight. Op, you want to be compensated for downtime? If you're any good at math PS+ cost about 13 cents a day. So for a few minutes or an hour of not getting to be online it's actually a lot less than that. We're talking like not even a half a cent for an hour of downtime.

We pre pay for a service, we don't get the service we pay for, we should get some kind of compensation.  If it is down for a day my PS+ expiration date should be extended one day.    

People are too focused on the money part here, I blame my own thread title so I'll edit it to better reflect my position.   Its the principle of it and the fact that the TOS lets Sony not provide the service for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, or even 1 year without any way for us, the consumer, to receive value for what we purchased.  

Make more sense to you now?  (We talked about this in the thread you didn't read Smiley Tongue)

Message 31 of 879 (630 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4125 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

awtacular wrote:

Not reading through 3 pages of probably useless replies but anways... Let me get this straight. Op, you want to be compensated for downtime? If you're any good at math PS+ cost about 13 cents a day. So for a few minutes or an hour of not getting to be online it's actually a lot less than that. We're talking like not even a half a cent for an hour of downtime.

We pre pay for a service, we don't get the service we pay for, we should get some kind of compensation.  If it is down for a day my PS+ expiration date should be extended one day.    

People are too focused on the money part here, I blame my own thread title so I'll edit it to better reflect my position.   Its the principle of it and the fact that the TOS lets Sony not provide the service for 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, or even 1 year without any way for us, the consumer, to receive value for what we purchased.  

Make more sense to you now?  (We talked about this in the thread you didn't read Smiley Tongue)

I'm not sure if you have utility bills that you pay but for the most part, most utilities aren't going to compensate you for anything unless it's something that last for an extended period of time. PS+ has not been out for any great period of time since I've had it (which has been since the PS4 launch). So I don't really see where you're going with this. If there's a drastic outage where it affects everyone for a prolonged period of time I'm sure they will extend peoples service. However this hasn't happened yet so there's no proof that they won't do anything. Just from what I saw with with the troubles Sony had with the digital launch for MLB The Show not being ready in time they gave everyone that pre-ordered it five dollars PSN credit and 5 more MLB the show credit. Everyone on here is crying about wanting free **bleep** over a few minutes or an hour outage when they're doing maintenance and that's not going to happen. Also seeing you're on the subject about compensation. Me and many others had defective PS4 units at launch. We didn't get anything for it. **bleep** happens. Sure there were people that though they were entitled to all kinds of free stuff because they had broken consoles, but it doesn't work that way.

Message 32 of 879 (606 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51447 posts

Jun 25, 2014

awtacular wrote:
Spoiler

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

awtacular wrote:

I'm not sure if you have utility bills that you pay but for the most part, most utilities aren't going to compensate you for anything unless it's something that last for an extended period of time. PS+ has not been out for any great period of time since I've had it (which has been since the PS4 launch). So I don't really see where you're going with this. If there's a drastic outage where it affects everyone for a prolonged period of time I'm sure they will extend peoples service. However this hasn't happened yet so there's no proof that they won't do anything. Just from what I saw with with the troubles Sony had with the digital launch for MLB The Show not being ready in time they gave everyone that pre-ordered it five dollars PSN credit and 5 more MLB the show credit. Everyone on here is crying about wanting free **bleep** over a few minutes or an hour outage when they're doing maintenance and that's not going to happen.

Oh I've been paying utility bills for decades.   My cable company credits my bill for a day if the TV, phone, or internet goes out for more than a few hours.  If my electricity goes down, well, I don't get charged for electricity as I'm not using any. I have my own water/septic so that doesn't apply to me.  

I understand Sony has given out stuff in the past for things going wrong.  I just don't like how the TOS completely indemnifies them when services aren't provided.  I don't think it is right or respectful to us as consumers.

Message 33 of 879 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12493 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

It was down for what, 3 hours?

So I guess Sony should compensate us with $0.017.

This is why I said I don't care unless it's for a long period of time.

Well going with my nexon example

When, lets say, mabinogi goes down for 3 hours for maintenance, we would get 3 hours extended to our premium services. Thats pretty much the most logical way I see for this situation. I mean, what would we do with 0.017 cents?

BUT, with the way sony does maintenances, I don't see how it would work because some people can still acess psn during maintenance. Unless they completely take down psn...but that would be overkill

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 34 of 879 (588 Views)
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jun 25, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I understand Sony has given out stuff in the past for things going wrong.  I just don't like how the TOS completely indemnifies them when services aren't provided.  I don't think it is right or respectful to us as consumers.

Have you ever read any TOS anywhere ever? They all basically spell out that they can do whatever they want, and the consumer has no right or recorse irregardless of the effect it has. 

This is the way things are, deal with it. They have to give themselves the ability to say "no" or suffer the wrath of the scammers.

I would rather judge by the exceptions they make, then the rights they have. 

Message 35 of 879 (583 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

Jun 25, 2014

It is like no one has games that can run without psn. Really there are many games you  get as side games when it is down.

Message 36 of 879 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

Jun 26, 2014

I haven't read every single post, so I'm not sure if someone mentioned it but, does anyone get a refund if their cable TV goes down? Or if their internet goes down? We sure as hell don't here in Canada, so I definitely don't expect Sony to refund me any money if they need to do maintenance if my ISP can't refund me. I guess I'm just used to this kind of service (not saying it's right, just saying I'm used to it). 

If other people get refunds for outages, whether that's TV or internet or whatever, then I could see those people feeling that they're owed a refund from the PS+ serivce whenever there's maintenance.

I feel like my ISP should pay me for having internet with them... but that's just me, an angry Canadian who has to deal with behind-the-times-internet.

Message 37 of 879 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3057 posts

Jun 26, 2014

BloodSpillBill wrote:
One day of no service would be like $1.60 if you bought the one year prepaid. Which also brings up the point of how to refund prepaid cards, PSN credit? How about giving a free game or something like that if the network has been down for a few days? I haven't been on the PSN for too long, but I don't know of any real long term outage. Remember if you can't get on and buy stuff, they make no money lol. They don't want that to happen!

NO! $49.95 / 365 = $0.13 a day so you want a 13 cent refund LOL! Yeah, im not worried about PSN being down some times. You know if maintance wasnt done it wouldn't work at all.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
My Top PS4 Games: Wolfenstein, InFamous Second Son Diablo 3, Saints Row 4
Message 38 of 879 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4125 posts

Jun 26, 2014

NinjaZeroEight wrote:

I haven't read every single post, so I'm not sure if someone mentioned it but, does anyone get a refund if their cable TV goes down? Or if their internet goes down? We sure as hell don't here in Canada, so I definitely don't expect Sony to refund me any money if they need to do maintenance if my ISP can't refund me. I guess I'm just used to this kind of service (not saying it's right, just saying I'm used to it). 

If other people get refunds for outages, whether that's TV or internet or whatever, then I could see those people feeling that they're owed a refund from the PS+ serivce whenever there's maintenance.

I feel like my ISP should pay me for having internet with them... but that's just me, an angry Canadian who has to deal with behind-the-times-internet.

I brought this up as well. For the most part no they don't refund or credit you. The only time they might is if it's for days at a time. You may be able to get a credit of some sort if you're one of those idiots willing to waste hours of their time on the phone talking to 20 different people just to save a dollar. I'm not and a  few cents or couple dollars isn't going to make or break me. As for Canada being behind the times, well you're part of North America and the entire infrastructure for everything in the US is dated...

Message 39 of 879 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2179 posts

Jun 26, 2014

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I had some Plus trials I had to cash in and right now they're going to waste because Sony released an update and won't let me online anymore. My PS4 has been unable to sign in since the end of Apr, then the Vita went offline, and now the PS3. This is extremely disappointing. Why should I have to update the PS4 if I'm not stupid enough to need a switch for the light bar? Why did they change the Vita and PS3 too?

I want my unused trial time refunded and for Sony to stop forcing unwanted updates on us.

Too many games, too little time.
Message 40 of 879 (538 Views)
0 Likes