Fender Bender
3729 posts

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

ctfw529 wrote:

all of the people that are somehow losing all sorts of time on PSN because of "outages" should all post your ISP.

i bet you most of you will have comcast or u-verse.

I've got Comcast myself and have yet to run into any problems on PSN aside from launch and that was pretty much a widespread problem and was to be expected. People on here are crying when they can't even get on for a split second and demanding free games and all kinds of other compenstation. Fix your own **bleep** before crying it's Sony's fault. or figure out something else to do for a couple minutes that you can't get online. **bleep** happens. It's always going to happen. It's happened with Xbox Live numerous times or even with individual game servers and they do not give you anything for it. Do you come crying each and every time you can't connect to COD or whatever other game you have they may have problems even though PSN or Live is working perfectly (probably a stupid question because I'm sure most of you do). Do you all cry when you're in a dead spot with your cell phone and get no service? People are getting more and more full of themselves and thinking they are entitled to everything. Hell even some idiot had the nerve to say he should be compensated for his free trial time he had on PSN. I mean seriously w t f... You're not going to get anything extra unless it's some kind of drastic outage and it affects everyone for a prolonged period of time and even then they don't have to do anything but they probably will.

Message 61 of 823 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

Fix your own **bleep** before crying it's Sony's fault.

Everything else i own connected fine.  

even though PSN or Live is working perfectly

PSN was not working properly and it didn't for upwards to 5 hours for me.     At first i had problems loading friends list and party chats kept booting me out.   Next i was booted offline and tryed to connect for an hour and never could  kept failing.   I then came onto sony support sight and found this quote           "The PlayStation Network is currently experiencing high volume and users may experience issues when connecting to the service. We will update you with any changes that may occur in regards to this issue. Thank you for your patience."    I thought ok its still working just having some issues so i tryed several more times to get on which failed and then eventually the ps4 started saying its undergoing maintence.     All the while the website for support says something else.     I reset my router checked all the settings everything and it was not on my end.   And in fact the quote above shows sony knew issues were present.    Later in the night when i was able to get on my friends list wouldn't load properly.  I got booted from chats.   Party chats were not showing up that i knew were there.       So i ask you if it was on my end or was my isp why did sony make the statement above?  

People are getting more and more full of themselves and thinking they are entitled to everything.

I don't think im entitled to anything.   I feel that if sony can keep track of the exact date and time my plus runs out then they should be able to add to that when it is down for whatever reason.   Not because im entitled but because its good business and shows your consumers respect. 

Now awtacular i think you are an idiot.   Just because you yourself have a perfect experience on your ps4 doesn't mean everyone else has.    I have very good internet and have had issues since launch with party chat booting people out, stating the nat type is incompatiable when we have what sony recommends, saved data that would not upload,  unable to download content i purchased.   You act like because you have had hardly any problems that people are just making everything up.   Some probably are but not all.   

Do the math and keep track of how many hours psn is down for whatever reason.   Then figure out how many days that adds up to over a year.     That is people basically giving sony free money.   Since you cant connect its money for nothing.    Sony should have already forseen this when they went with plus requirement.  

In my view you sound like a staunch fanboy who has no idea what is good business practices.   In your eyes sony does no wrong.    Also to the idiot asking about my isp   its Time Warner Cable not    Comcast or U-verse.  

Message 62 of 823 (451 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50689 posts

Jun 26, 2014

awtacular wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

all of the people that are somehow losing all sorts of time on PSN because of "outages" should all post your ISP.

I've got Comcast myself and have yet to run into any problems on PSN aside from launch and that was pretty much a widespread problem and was to be expected. People on here are crying when they can't even get on for a split second and demanding free games and all kinds of other compenstation. Fix your own **bleep** before crying it's Sony's fault. or figure out something else to do for a couple minutes that you can't get online. **bleep** happens. It's always going to happen. It's happened with Xbox Live numerous times or even with individual game servers and they do not give you anything for it. Do you come crying each and every time you can't connect to COD or whatever other game you have they may have problems even though PSN or Live is working perfectly (probably a stupid question because I'm sure most of you do). Do you all cry when you're in a dead spot with your cell phone and get no service? People are getting more and more full of themselves and thinking they are entitled to everything. Hell even some idiot had the nerve to say he should be compensated for his free trial time he had on PSN. I mean seriously w t f... You're not going to get anything extra unless it's some kind of drastic outage and it affects everyone for a prolonged period of time and even then they don't have to do anything but they probably will.

This thread has not requested for free games or "all kinds of compensation" at all.  It has simply asked that if the PSN goes down, due to sony's fault, and we can't access the PSN we pre-paid for, that we have the missed time added to our PS+.

There is no need to prop up straw men to argue against here, lets keep it real!  None of that stuff in red was part of the first post of this thread.  

Your last sentance, that is what my issue is and why this thread is here.   "They don't have to do anything" if they don't provide us with a service we pre-pay for, I don't like that part of the TOS hence this thread and the discussion.    I don't think that is right.  I think if a pre-paid service is not given when promised then the time lost should be added to the service's expiration.   

You did what a fellow MVP did a few pages back, acted like a jackapes because you really didn't want to adress the actual topic.

Message 63 of 823 (450 Views)
Fender Bender
3729 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

TX11 wrote:

Now awtacular i think you are an idiot.   Just because you yourself have a perfect experience on your ps4 doesn't mean everyone else has.    I have very good internet and have had issues since launch with party chat booting people out, stating the nat type is incompatiable when we have what sony recommends, saved data that would not upload,  unable to download content i purchased.   You act like because you have had hardly any problems that people are just making everything up.   Some probably are but not all.   

Do the math and keep track of how many hours psn is down for whatever reason.   Then figure out how many days that adds up to over a year.     That is people basically giving sony free money.   Since you cant connect its money for nothing.    Sony should have already forseen this when they went with plus requirement.  

In my view you sound like a staunch fanboy who has no idea what is good business practices.   In your eyes sony does no wrong.    Also to the idiot asking about my isp   its Time Warner Cable not    Comcast or U-verse.  

Anything to do with NAT is on your end or someone in the parties end. It's nothing to do with Sony. You or someone else has their settings messed up either on the console itself or your router which is causing the problem. If you can't connect for 5 hours at a time it's definitely something on your end. Try different methods or equipment. Just because other things on your network work doesn't mean they aren't affecting your PS4 and keeping it from working properly. I know I have/had certain devices on my network that will disconnect other devices or cause problems. It's trial and error. If you got nonstop problems you should look into other things causing problems. For that matter electrical devices not even connected to the net can be the cause of problems. All I know is every time I've turned my console on it connects without a hitch. Hell I got over 370 hours online alone with BF4 alone so it's not that I don't use it ever. As stated by someone else, one of the reasons why Sony isn't going to compensate people is because there really isn't any way for them to know who it's affecting and who it's not. Also fyi, Comcast is buying Time Warner so get off your high horse.

Message 64 of 823 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3729 posts

Jun 26, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

This thread has not requested for free games or "all kinds of compensation" at all.  It has simply asked that if the PSN goes down, due to sony's fault, and we can't access the PSN we pre-paid for, that we have the missed time added to our PS+.

There is no need to prop up straw men to argue against here, lets keep it real!  None of that stuff in red was part of the first post of this thread.  

Your last sentance, that is what my issue is and why this thread is here.   "They don't have to do anything" if they don't provide us with a service we pre-pay for, I don't like that part of the TOS hence this thread and the discussion.    I don't think that is right.  I think if a pre-paid service is not given when promised then the time lost should be added to the service's expiration.   

You did what a fellow MVP did a few pages back, acted like a jackapes because you really didn't want to adress the actual topic.

Again, as I've stated numerous times in this thread alone, how do you know Sony won't do anything if there's a prolonged outage? There hasn't been one so there's no need for this useless topic because all it did is draw in those that think they are entitled to compensation for a few minutes or an hour that PSN may or may not have even been down. I say may or may not be down because a lot of problems are on the users end yet they think otherwise. As I've said, there's a good chance they will do something if there's a prolonged outage that affects majority of the population. There's no guarantee as to what it may be or if they will but chances are they will. Whether it be an extension of service or some sort of free game (even if it's not something you want). They basically don't have to do anything which is what people need to get through their head. If there's a problem with the service all they have to do is correct it in a timely manner.

Message 65 of 823 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Jun 26, 2014

ctfw529 wrote:

I;m on SuddenLink and never have a problem.  Maybe more people should switch to SuddenLink lol !! 

Message 66 of 823 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1544 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

darknovaxp wrote:

PlayStation Plus does not simply entail access to multiplayer games on the PS4. If that was the case the ~$0.13 would be "reasonable". However we're given discounts, betas and game trials, the instant game collection, 1GB of game savedata storage for each platform, all of this across the PS3, PS Vita and PS4.

So with that in mind how much of that $0.13 per day can one say accounts for the couple hours of downtime?

Forget the money for a moment.  If PSN is down a day, a day of extra PS+ time should be added to the 1 month, 3 month, or 12 month total.

Back when PSN was hacked and offline for a while, it wasn't a big deal cause online was free.  Now that its paid, its a different story, no matter how much it costs.

doc shady signature
Message 67 of 823 (414 Views)
MVP Support
12735 posts

Jun 26, 2014

docshady wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

PlayStation Plus does not simply entail access to multiplayer games on the PS4. If that was the case the ~$0.13 would be "reasonable". However we're given discounts, betas and game trials, the instant game collection, 1GB of game savedata storage for each platform, all of this across the PS3, PS Vita and PS4.

So with that in mind how much of that $0.13 per day can one say accounts for the couple hours of downtime?

Forget the money for a moment.  If PSN is down a day, a day of extra PS+ time should be added to the 1 month, 3 month, or 12 month total.

Back when PSN was hacked and offline for a while, it wasn't a big deal cause online was free.  Now that its paid, its a different story, no matter how much it costs.

docshady wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

But it wasn't even down for a day. It was down for 3 hours.

You want them to add 3 hours (which no one would ever notice) onto a PS+ subscription?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 68 of 823 (411 Views)
PlayStation MVP
50689 posts

Jun 26, 2014

docshady wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Correct, my PS+ was not required for PSN access then so I didn't complain or make a thread like this when it happened.   I didn't lose a service I was paying, in advance, for :smileywink:.

Now that I have to pay that part of the TOS really bothers me, a lot and now I did make a thread about it.

Message 69 of 823 (406 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50689 posts

Jun 26, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Spoiler

docshady wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

docshady wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

But it wasn't even down for a day. It was down for 3 hours.

You want them to add 3 hours (which no one would ever notice) onto a PS+ subscription?

Sony Notices.  Look at your PS+ subscription on your system, it will tell you exactly when it will expire, down to the minute!   

But yes, if I lose 3 hours or 3 days or 3 months I should get that time added onto the end of my subscription.  I feel, as a consumer, that is treating me properly.   

Think about this, over 7 million PS4 users are on PS+   7 million people multiplied by 3 hours per person equals 21million hours of time that Sony didn't provide but got paid for! :smileysurprised: 

Message 70 of 823 (404 Views)
0 Likes