MVP Support
13616 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

Whatever floats your boat then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 71 of 883 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 26, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

docshady wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

PlayStation Plus does not simply entail access to multiplayer games on the PS4. If that was the case the ~$0.13 would be "reasonable". However we're given discounts, betas and game trials, the instant game collection, 1GB of game savedata storage for each platform, all of this across the PS3, PS Vita and PS4.

So with that in mind how much of that $0.13 per day can one say accounts for the couple hours of downtime?

Forget the money for a moment.  If PSN is down a day, a day of extra PS+ time should be added to the 1 month, 3 month, or 12 month total.

Back when PSN was hacked and offline for a while, it wasn't a big deal cause online was free.  Now that its paid, its a different story, no matter how much it costs.

docshady wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

PlayStation Plus does not simply entail access to multiplayer games on the PS4. If that was the case the ~$0.13 would be "reasonable". However we're given discounts, betas and game trials, the instant game collection, 1GB of game savedata storage for each platform, all of this across the PS3, PS Vita and PS4.

So with that in mind how much of that $0.13 per day can one say accounts for the couple hours of downtime?

Forget the money for a moment.  If PSN is down a day, a day of extra PS+ time should be added to the 1 month, 3 month, or 12 month total.

Back when PSN was hacked and offline for a while, it wasn't a big deal cause online was free.  Now that its paid, its a different story, no matter how much it costs.

But it wasn't even down for a day. It was down for 3 hours.

You want them to add 3 hours (which no one would ever notice) onto a PS+ subscription?

Nexon does it

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 72 of 883 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1968 posts

Jun 26, 2014

I would like to see a study. Look at the final 3 hours of every single subscription that expires and see how much of that time on average is actually used. If I'm using something in its final 3 hours most likely im renewing my subscription anyways. If I'm not renewing my subscription then most likely I'm not even using that final 3 hours.

I guess my point is if I lose an hour or two now that I would actually use, compensating me by adding one or two hours onto the END of my subscription isn't actually going to give me anything. I bet it's that way for 99.9% of the people out there too.

That said, I still dont like the contract as is.

Message 73 of 883 (372 Views)
Wastelander
602 posts

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

Anything to do with NAT is on your end or someone in the parties end.

When i have the nat type that is recommended by sony according to their site its not on my end.     Im so sick of idiots like you who anytime someone has issues its on there end.   If you would like i could start posting PMs between sony support about this issue where they specifically noted this was on their end they also noted an issue i had that took them 2 months to get me content that i owned.   But i guess when i click on it and it says   "Content not availiable at this time" thats on my end too right.    So im online playing an online game and go to send a message to a friend and my friends list isn't loaded in fact it don't load at all.   Then a few mins later it works fine and then a few mins later it don't.   Thats my end to right.   When my ps4 freezes while playing netflix and i have to unplug power to shut down because ps4 becomes unresponsive to anything i bet thats the net too right.      Even better yet when i run a connections test on the ps4 it tells me everything is good.   When i check with my provider they are showing no issues.    Even when i supply you with a quote from sony support website you still say its on my end.   While im basically gonna say your blatently full of **bleep**.   In fact your so full of **bleep** its coming out of your mouth in this thread.      I am so tired of idiots like you who basically state that anybody who has a problem its all on them and their end.       I know quite a bit about internet setups and tech and don't really need you on here telling me and others that its on our end.    I ask you again   if this was all on my end and the many others who have had this issue all the while affecting many different users who have different ISPs then why would sony issue this statement in their knowledge center.         "The PlayStation Network is currently experiencing high volume and users may experience issues when connecting to the service. We will update you with any changes that may occur in regards to this issue. Thank you for your patience."               seems to me that if this was just a couple of users sony would not have issued that statement.      For the first hour the ps4 connection test failed over and over at psn sign in.   But then it started telling me that it was maintence an hour later.   But sony left the same quote up as above.   You are so close minded in assessing anything involving sony that they should just start sending you a check.  

Also fyi, Comcast is buying Time Warner so get off your high horse.

FYI   this deal has not gone forward yet due to lawsuits claiming this would create an unfair monopoly in certain areas on east coast.    I will get off my high horse when you get your head out of your **bleep**.

Message 74 of 883 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

Jun 26, 2014

TX11 wrote:

Anything to do with NAT is on your end or someone in the parties end.

When i have the nat type that is recommended by sony according to their site its not on my end.     Im so sick of idiots like you who anytime someone has issues its on there end.   If you would like i could start posting PMs between sony support about this issue where they specifically noted this was on their end they also noted an issue i had that took them 2 months to get me content that i owned.   But i guess when i click on it and it says   "Content not availiable at this time" thats on my end too right.    So im online playing an online game and go to send a message to a friend and my friends list isn't loaded in fact it don't load at all.   Then a few mins later it works fine and then a few mins later it don't.   Thats my end to right.   When my ps4 freezes while playing netflix and i have to unplug power to shut down because ps4 becomes unresponsive to anything i bet thats the net too right.      Even better yet when i run a connections test on the ps4 it tells me everything is good.   When i check with my provider they are showing no issues.    Even when i supply you with a quote from sony support website you still say its on my end.   While im basically gonna say your blatently full of **bleep**.   In fact your so full of **bleep** its coming out of your mouth in this thread.      I am so tired of idiots like you who basically state that anybody who has a problem its all on them and their end.       I know quite a bit about internet setups and tech and don't really need you on here telling me and others that its on our end.    I ask you again   if this was all on my end and the many others who have had this issue all the while affecting many different users who have different ISPs then why would sony issue this statement in their knowledge center.         "The PlayStation Network is currently experiencing high volume and users may experience issues when connecting to the service. We will update you with any changes that may occur in regards to this issue. Thank you for your patience."               seems to me that if this was just a couple of users sony would not have issued that statement.      For the first hour the ps4 connection test failed over and over at psn sign in.   But then it started telling me that it was maintence an hour later.   But sony left the same quote up as above.   You are so close minded in assessing anything involving sony that they should just start sending you a check.  

Also fyi, Comcast is buying Time Warner so get off your high horse.

FYI   this deal has not gone forward yet due to lawsuits claiming this would create an unfair monopoly in certain areas on east coast.    I will get off my high horse when you get your head out of your **bleep**.

If you have so many problems with your PS4 that clearly nobody else has, maybe you should see about sending it in for service?  There's obviously something wrong inside your household whether it be your personal networking equipment or the console itelf. Then again it must be just an isolated PSN issuse affecting you only nonstop since you've owned the console...

Message 75 of 883 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6150 posts

Jun 26, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Its ridiculous, isn't it?  I can understand if it were down for an extended period of time, but 3 hours is hardly anything.  Reading these posts just makes me shake my head.  Someone's just wanting to rant.  

Message 76 of 883 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Jun 26, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Its ridiculous, isn't it?  I can understand if it were down for an extended period of time, but 3 hours is hardly anything.  Reading these posts just makes me shake my head.  Someone's just wanting to rant.  

What if it was 3 days, would that change your mind?  I ask because the TOS allows for the PSN, that we pay for in advance with PS+ on the PS4, to go down indefiniately without any form of compensation for the lost time for us, the consumers.  

I get it, some people are being petty and annoying, but you are doing a disservice to the thread by ignoring its intent with your response(s).

Message 77 of 883 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

Jun 26, 2014

@PLYMCO, you're missing out on PS+ time by posting on these forums nonstop. You should see if Sony will compensate you for your time lost.

Message 78 of 883 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6150 posts

Jun 26, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

What if it was 3 days, would that change your mind?  I ask because the TOS allows for the PSN, that we pay for in advance with PS+ on the PS4, to go down indefiniately without any form of compensation for the lost time for us, the consumers.  

I get it, some people are being petty and annoying, but you are doing a disservice to the thread by ignoring its intent with your response(s).

Call here to rant:  1-800-345-SONY  

Message 79 of 883 (345 Views)
Wastelander
602 posts

Jun 26, 2014

Thats the funny part many others have the same issues.   People in the clan im in also have issues with nat and other issues.    I contacted sony and was told to re intialize at which i did and then encountered problems with other issues.   In short you just want to blame the user and not the equipment or the psn infrastucture.    Its not worth my time replying to you.   You have a close mind and see and believe only what you want to.

Message 80 of 883 (340 Views)
0 Likes