Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
47908 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

BloodSpillBill wrote:
One day of no service would be like $1.60 if you bought the one year prepaid. Which also brings up the point of how to refund prepaid cards, PSN credit? How about giving a free game or something like that if the network has been down for a few days? I haven't been on the PSN for too long, but I don't know of any real long term outage. Remember if you can't get on and buy stuff, they make no money lol. They don't want that to happen!

NO! $49.95 / 365 = $0.13 a day so you want a 13 cent refund LOL! Yeah, im not worried about PSN being down some times. You know if maintance wasnt done it wouldn't work at all.


People keep focusing on the money, lets just dig into that a tiny bit more.  

 

lets say it was 10 cents, just for math ease.  We also know that over 8 million PS4's have been sold and sony has stated over 95% of them have PS+.   Lets round the number down to 7 million PS+ users.  7 million users multiplied by 10 cents per user equals $700,000.00!   Not so shabby a number now is it?  

 

Again, its not about the 13 cents so much as it is about the principle with the TOS.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 511 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2013
Offline
422 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

Cable companies do not give you a refund when cable is down. The phone company does not give you a refund when you have no bars. Car dealerships do not give you a refund when your car is in the shop. If I got refunded every time something did not work that I paid for, I would be able to buy Sony. In a perfect world, compensation sounds great. If you look around, this world is far from perfect.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 511 (267 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
47908 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

TheMooseChops wrote:

Cable companies do not give you a refund when cable is down. The phone company does not give you a refund when you have no bars. Car dealerships do not give you a refund when your car is in the shop. If I got refunded every time something did not work that I paid for, I would be able to buy Sony. In a perfect world, compensation sounds great. If you look around, this world is far from perfect.


Not true moose, my cable company does and has many times and they do it for my phone/net/cable as all are hooked into one at my house and all are billed on a pre-paid basis.

 

Now my cell phone company does not do that at all.  However I pay by the minute used with them so it really isn't the same situation as when I pre-pay for a service.   


Cars are not even close to the same situation, they are not a service like PS+ they are a product like the PS4.  

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 511 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
24388 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Hi everyone.  I wanted to make a thread to discuss how you, I, and hopefully someone from Sony (if they will chime in) feel about not being able to access the PSN when, if you are on the PS4, you now have to pre-pay for access to via PS+. 

 

What are your views on how Sony should handle PSN outages when we are all required to pay for PS+ in advance to get online and access games that we paid for such as BF4 or use features such as the party chat or trophies which are part of PSN?

 

My view is as follows:

 

1)  I have prepaid for a service and I should be able to receive the service I paid for

2)  If Sony can not provide the service they had me pre-pay for they should refund me for the time I am not able to use the service they agreed to provide by virtue of accepting my payment for said service.  EDIT: By refund for time I mean if I'm out for 24 hours add 24 hours to my PS+ before it expires, some comments did not realize this is what I was saying)  

 

Seems like common sense, right?   You offer a service, someone pays you for it, you don't deliver, you provide compensation to the person who paid for what you did not deliver.


Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 511 (256 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/09/2006
Online
5584 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014
Like I said (and people keep arguing) the money refunded is pointless. No one cares about 13 cents. Its the time period. If I lose a day, id like a day added back. Of course this is for unexpected outages. Maintenence is planned and they typically give fair warning to it. And half the time you can still use psn during maintenance.

But anything less than a day is just non-sensible to expect a refund of any kind.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 511 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/01/2008
Offline
4108 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

DPsx7 wrote:

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I had some Plus trials I had to cash in and right now they're going to waste because Sony released an update and won't let me online anymore. My PS4 has been unable to sign in since the end of Apr, then the Vita went offline, and now the PS3. This is extremely disappointing. Why should I have to update the PS4 if I'm not stupid enough to need a switch for the light bar? Why did they change the Vita and PS3 too?

 

I want my unused trial time refunded and for Sony to stop forcing unwanted updates on us.


i guess you're still upset about that one. but, please don't leave out relevent information when making a statement like this. 

 

sony hasn't stopped you from going online, you've stopped yourself from going online because you refuse to DL/install the update.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 511 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
9589 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Like I said (and people keep arguing) the money refunded is pointless. No one cares about 13 cents. Its the time period. If I lose a day, id like a day added back. Of course this is for unexpected outages. Maintenence is planned and they typically give fair warning to it. And half the time you can still use psn during maintenance.

But anything less than a day is just non-sensible to expect a refund of any kind.

Yup thats what I've been saying. But for nexon (yes I'm going to keep going there) even if the game is down for 30 minutes they will extend their NX services by 30 minutes.

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 511 (247 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
47908 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Like I said (and people keep arguing) the money refunded is pointless. No one cares about 13 cents. Its the time period. If I lose a day, id like a day added back. Of course this is for unexpected outages. Maintenence is planned and they typically give fair warning to it. And half the time you can still use psn during maintenance.

But anything less than a day is just non-sensible to expect a refund of any kind.

Yup thats what I've been saying. But for nexon (yes I'm going to keep going there) even if the game is down for 30 minutes they will extend their NX services by 30 minutes.


Look at your PS+ subscription on your PS3 or PS4, it actually tells you the exact minute your subscription expires so Sony does keep track of this as well.   What you say nexon does is what Sony should also do, if they respect us as consumers anyway.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 511 (240 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 05/03/2008
Online
513 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

My cable/phone/internet provider refunds me for outages.   Since i pre pay they credit the next months bill.    Its typically not a lot but its the gesture that makes me feel repected as a customer.           Recently i had problems with my phone.    The refunded me for the down time and gave me a month free to say sorry.     I didn't call 20 times i wasn't on the phone for hours it was all done in less then 15 mins.           

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 511 (231 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/01/2008
Offline
4108 posts
 

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

Jun 26, 2014

all of the people that are somehow losing all sorts of time on PSN because of "outages" should all post your ISP.

 

i bet you most of you will have comcast or u-verse.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 511 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes