PlayStation MVP
23901 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

last month

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Whatever floats your boat then.

Its ridiculous, isn't it?  I can understand if it were down for an extended period of time, but 3 hours is hardly anything.  Reading these posts just makes me shake my head.  Someone's just wanting to rant.  

What if it was 3 days, would that change your mind?  I ask because the TOS allows for the PSN, that we pay for in advance with PS+ on the PS4, to go down indefiniately without any form of compensation for the lost time for us, the consumers.  

I get it, some people are being petty and annoying, but you are doing a disservice to the thread by ignoring its intent with your response(s).

It wasn't three days. We can play the "what if" game all day long. What if Bruce Wayne's parents lived? What if Elenaor Roosevelt could fly? It doesn't change anything.

There are time when you're not going to turn on your Playstation or use the Playstation Network. Does everyone really take their PS3/PS4 with them when they go out of town? Or how about when you're in transit? If you add up all the down time you spend while not using the Playstation Network, should you be compensated for that, too? Of course not. They said that the network would be subject to routine maintenance, now you can't pull the act of "oh, but it really doesn't mean anything".

I really do wish that the gamer cognoscenti never learned the word "compensation" on their Word of the Day toilet paper.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 219 (250 Views)
PlayStation MVP
23901 posts

Re: PS+ Compensation When Unable To Use The PSN?

last month

TX11 wrote:

Thats the funny part many others have the same issues.   People in the clan im in also have issues with nat and other issues.    I contacted sony and was told to re intialize at which i did and then encountered problems with other issues.   In short you just want to blame the user and not the equipment or the psn infrastucture.    Its not worth my time replying to you.   You have a close mind and see and believe only what you want to.

Just because someone disagrees with you, that doesn't necessarily mean they are "closed minded". Disagreement is part of the discussion process, and I happen to disagree with those saying they deserve to be compensated for a minor inconvenience. Really, if you can't figure out something to do for a little while until the maintenance period is over, that's on you.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 219 (247 Views)
Sackboy
486 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

it wasn't a maintenience issue.    If you read my post above you would see where i provided exactly what happened.   Ps4 didn't say maintenience until about an hour after it went down. and secondly at no point did it sony say maintence was occuring like they always do and they also didn't post it in the psn status indicator on the sony support page.   Instead they stated may have trouble connecting due to high traffic volume.     but then it just said maintenence.   so maybe you could explain to me if it was either high traffic or maintence.   because apparently sony didn't even know.   sony gave out conflicting statements.   and of course i feel time should be added equal to what it was done weather planned or otherwise.   I don't want money or free games just that time added onto my plus.        Also it was kinda difficult to do other things when i have visitation with my children at that said time and we like to game together at that time.   Its very frustrating seeing how thats what i got plus for but then can't use what it is supposed to provide.   Sure there was other things to do and we found things to do.      If you read my previous posts i stated 24 hour cut off any more then that it shoud be added on to plus subscription.     I just want the TOS to reflect that cause after all that is also the consumers protections as well as the companies.  

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 219 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

last month

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TX11 wrote:

Thats the funny part many others have the same issues.   People in the clan im in also have issues with nat and other issues.    I contacted sony and was told to re intialize at which i did and then encountered problems with other issues.   In short you just want to blame the user and not the equipment or the psn infrastucture.    Its not worth my time replying to you.   You have a close mind and see and believe only what you want to.

Just because someone disagrees with you, that doesn't necessarily mean they are "closed minded". Disagreement is part of the discussion process, and I happen to disagree with those saying they deserve to be compensated for a minor inconvenience. Really, if you can't figure out something to do for a little while until the maintenance period is over, that's on you.

And sometimes when someone disagrees with you, it is in fact because they are "closed minded". In this particular case TX11 was pretty accurate with what he said. The conclusion fit the premise.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 219 (218 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

ctfw529 wrote:

DPsx7 wrote:

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I had some Plus trials I had to cash in and right now they're going to waste because Sony released an update and won't let me online anymore. My PS4 has been unable to sign in since the end of Apr, then the Vita went offline, and now the PS3. This is extremely disappointing. Why should I have to update the PS4 if I'm not stupid enough to need a switch for the light bar? Why did they change the Vita and PS3 too?

I want my unused trial time refunded and for Sony to stop forcing unwanted updates on us.

i guess you're still upset about that one. but, please don't leave out relevent information when making a statement like this. 

sony hasn't stopped you from going online, you've stopped yourself from going online because you refuse to DL/install the update.

Uh, yes they have. We didn't ask for that update. They unnecessarily kicked us offline and I should be owed several months of free trials. We either need to make updates optional, limit them to once a year when something is actually useful, or request a third party to find a workaround.

Too many games, too little time.
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 219 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

last month
@ctfw529

What if I told you that unexpected servers maintenance can happen at anytime? Without ever being notified....
Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 219 (194 Views)
PlayStation MVP
23901 posts

last month

TX11 wrote:

it wasn't a maintenience issue.    If you read my post above you would see where i provided exactly what happened.   Ps4 didn't say maintenience until about an hour after it went down. and secondly at no point did it sony say maintence was occuring like they always do and they also didn't post it in the psn status indicator on the sony support page.   Instead they stated may have trouble connecting due to high traffic volume.     but then it just said maintenence.   so maybe you could explain to me if it was either high traffic or maintence.   because apparently sony didn't even know.   sony gave out conflicting statements.   and of course i feel time should be added equal to what it was done weather planned or otherwise.   I don't want money or free games just that time added onto my plus.        Also it was kinda difficult to do other things when i have visitation with my children at that said time and we like to game together at that time.   Its very frustrating seeing how thats what i got plus for but then can't use what it is supposed to provide.   Sure there was other things to do and we found things to do.      If you read my previous posts i stated 24 hour cut off any more then that it shoud be added on to plus subscription.     I just want the TOS to reflect that cause after all that is also the consumers protections as well as the companies.  

Ever hear the saying "**bleep** happens"? Do you honestly think that when something as complex as a multi BILLION dollar computer network breaks down, there's no diagnostic period? You really expect someone shmoe answering the phones to instantaneously have the answers? It's looking more and more like a case of "gamer outrage".

I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy your Playstation and your games with your kids, but you couldn't break ou the Monopoly board? Or go to the park? Or see a movie? There are other activities you could have enjoyed with your kids, granted playing video games are probably the easiest, but others are probably more rewarding.

For a twenty four hour period, I don't agree that you should be compensated for ANYTHING. One day is not a signficant amount of down time to impact negatively impact your experience. Why? Because you could have just as easily not even played for that day, and you would have been none the wiser.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 219 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9214 posts

last month
Some downtime from time to time is to be expected... Kinda hard to do system maintenance when the system is still running. So in those situations you won't get compensation..

But if for some reason the service goes down for an unexpected amount of time much like he outage couple years ago then they might compensate you for that..
>

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 219 (185 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2275 posts

Re: PS+ Refund When Unable To Use The PSN?

[ Edited ]
last month

I think it would be a great practice to compensate customers for unintended service disruptions. However, I don't think they should compensate users for pre-determined service maintenance.

But to improve service and customer  loyalty they should warn via many methods about incoming maintenance. The PS4 how has a new announcement feature that could be used for that. The message should go out at least 48-72 hours before the maintenace takes place.

For unintended service disruptions, Sony should extend PlayStation Plus membership for those hours of lack of service.  So if PSN goes down for a PS+ member for 4 hours, his or her membership gets extended for 4 hours.

mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 219 (173 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46954 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

awtacular wrote:

@PLYMCO, you're missing out on PS+ time by posting on these forums nonstop. You should see if Sony will compensate you for your time lost.

Nice troll, that was pretty good if it was relevant to my situation. I can't play while I'm at work 11 hours a day, I only have a 2 hour window to game, but I can post between appointments.  It really really sucks for me when the PSN is down during that 2 hours I actually do have available for gaming.  

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 219 (168 Views)