PlayStation Community Manager
1463 posts

Re: PS Plus 3/19 Update - The Cave and Tekken 6 Come to the Instant Game Collection

Mar 19, 2013

ALARM-cIock wrote:

Not terribly excited for this update but maybe The Cave will surprise me the way Closure and Spec Ops: The Line did recently.

I think if you're the type of gamer who enjoyed what Closure had to offer, I think you'll appreciate The Cave. Not the same type of game by any means, but they both engage your brain in similar ways. The Cave just has the fun of having snappy writing too =) 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 52 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS Plus 3/19 Update - The Cave and Tekken 6 Come to the Instant Game Collection

Mar 19, 2013
Dose anyone know if the Update today will include the Defiance Beta for Playstation plus members, also when is the update going to take place today
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 52 (319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3486 posts

Mar 19, 2013

sirshmoopyfox wrote:
Dose anyone know if the Update today will include the Defiance Beta for Playstation plus members, also when is the update going to take place today

Update will happen sometime this afternoon/evening. I'm also wondering about that Defiance Beta. Lets hope it's there.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 52 (280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Hi morgan, sorry to bother you but I just checked the PSN store and maybe I'm jumping the gun, but Tekken 6 is free for Plus members but still $39.99 for all of us non plus users and the PS Plus update on the Blog has it listed for $19.99. Was this reduced price just a typo. If it is, it's not a problem, I'll just wait for a price drop when (no offense) in my honest opinion, no PSP games should be priced that high, especially when Vita games are selling for 40 beans. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 52 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3486 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I'm having an issue as well. Rocketbirds Vita is supposed to be $5.99 for Plus members but when I go to the store its still listed at $7,99. Anyone else having this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 52 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I'm having the exact same issue with Rocketbirds for PS Vita.  It seems that the 20% discount given to owners of the PS3 version is superseding the 40% off PS+ deal.  Hopefully this can be resolved and us Rocketbirds-PS3 owners can get the 40% off Rocketbirds-Vita deal.  Can you help with this Morgan?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 52 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1912 posts

Mar 20, 2013

tylerh1701 wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue with Rocketbirds for PS Vita.  It seems that the 20% discount given to owners of the PS3 version is superseding the 40% off PS+ deal.  Hopefully this can be resolved and us Rocketbirds-PS3 owners can get the 40% off Rocketbirds-Vita deal.  Can you help with this Morgan?  Thanks.

^THIS.

I do not own the PS3 version and confirm that Rocketbirds shows up as $5.99 for me. So it's definitely an issue of the loyalty bonus superceding it...which is odd because you'd think if the system detects two different discounts, the greater one would take effect.

On a related note, how is Rocketbirds? I guess it's pretty good if you guys who already own the PS3 version want to get the Vita version as well....but unfortunately I don't own a PS3 and there's no Vita demo, so I have no idea how well it actually plays. I was not a fan of the controls in the Flash demo I found on their website, so I'm curious how gamepad controls work with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 52 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Rocketbirds is good, it can get a little bit repetitive at times but I had a good amount of fun with it.  I wish it had a little more variety and a little less linearity, but I'm considering re-buying it if it ever gets down to $5.99 for me, so I guess that means I enjoyed it.  I never got around to the co-op.  

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 52 (211 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

I am completely sick of these pathetic 'free' games.  You can sit there and defend your **bleep** selection of games that you give to the US.  EU has had some awesome releases. Ours have been very sub par.  The Cave is pathetic. garbage. its just trine 2 with a different coat of paint.  Spec ops was a horrid example of a budget fps.  there is a reason you give us these games, because nobody is buying this **bleep**. 

example: who really plays these crap titles that youve 'given us'. these are utter garbage titles, the kind youd find in the bottom of the bargin bin if they were physical copies..

trine 2

bloodrayne

warhammer

bioshock 2

guardians of middle earth

awesomenauts

lead and gold

rochard

anomaly warzone

sam and max series.

now for some medicore ones...

outland

shift 2 (garbage)

fooseball

back to future

street fighter

payday

joe danger 2

good ones!!!

infamous's

little big planet's

resident evil 5 gold

I have been with Plus since day one.  and frankly i joined in hopes of getting similar things to what microsoft had.. i.e cross game chat, hell even private in game chat.  i understand that the ps3 cant ever do that because of the memory limitations... However What is it about shoveling the crap games to users and expecting us to rejoice about it.  Tekken 6 would have been great had it been for ps3.  I could care less about free vita games and free psp games. im sure i speak for the majority of core gamers. 

I had a psp. but thanks to the numerous versions of that unit, i sold it and  ill never buy a portable unit from sony again.  who do you think you are, NINTENDO?  and believe me, thats not a good thing. Keep the VITA and the PS3 seperate.  they both have different stores correct? 

the alternative of going to xbox is even worse. The last thing i want is another piece of crap microsoft product to break in my house.

sure sure sure, call me ungreatful.. fine, im okay with that. 

These so called weekly discounts are clearly the work of valve/steams help.  however, for example, the THQ sale is a joke. the company is non existant. and your still asking for 70 dollars for darksiders one and two.  Clearly someone is smoking crack in there. someone needs to be fired in the Sony house.

i look forward every week til Tuesday night (the time is never consistant for starters) and im ALWAYS, CONSISTANTLY, let down. it makes me so sick i want to spit.

im acctually suprised your not giving people sport titles from five years ago, becasue that about the same monitary 'worth' as the titles your currently giving us.

AND ONE MORE NOTE, even though its completely off topic.  how in the hell is ps4 not going to support backwards compatiblity when youve said that the vita will play ps4 games.  ITS ALMOST IDENTICAL HARDWARE.

clearly youve taken your true followers for granted.  THIS will be the downfall of sony, your letting xbox win. id also like to point out, if i have to spend the same amout of money for a physical copy as i do a digital copy, whats the point? making something digital cuts all the cost of making a disk, priting a manual and a box. youd think youd save some money in that..   all smoke and mirrors...

If i gave you a different pair of socks every month, and instead of gave you pantyhoes, wouldnt you be **bleep** too. quit screwing us.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 52 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1912 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Originalgamer13 wrote:

I am completely sick of these pathetic 'free' games.  You can sit there and defend your **bleep** selection of games that you give to the US.  EU has had some awesome releases. Ours have been very sub par.  The Cave is pathetic. garbage. its just trine 2 with a different coat of paint.  Spec ops was a horrid example of a budget fps.  there is a reason you give us these games, because nobody is buying this **bleep**. 

Nice first post on the forum...hopefully it's your last. Chill the eff out, dude.

PS+ IGC should provide games that people may otherwise never check out, it shouldn't provide the latest AAA title. The benefit of PS+ is being able to try out games you'd otherwise not play and maybe be pleasantly surprised. If you don't see the value in it, then don't subscribe.

For example, Spec Ops is a perfect example of a GREAT addition to PS+ - it's a game that received decent reviews for its story, yet many people probably never picked it up because most people seem sick of shooters and it's not one of the big names (eg. CoD).

But once you listed Bioshock 2, Trine 2 and Awesomenauts as garbage, I knew I couldn't take you seriously anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 52 (189 Views)
0 Likes