PlayStation MVP
11359 posts

Re: PS Plus 5/14 Update - Knytt Underground Free for Members

May 14, 2013

Nothing shines in the gloomy dark of PlayStation Plus this week. Knytt Underground's demo did not impress me in any way, and thus I am not looking forward to trying out the game. I'll get to it eventually, but still haven't even started up Sleeping Dogs, which is a game I wish to play even less.

Message 11 of 37 (298 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
162 posts

May 14, 2013

Looks like another great week game updates

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Message 12 of 37 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 14, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

I am always happy to see PSP & VITA shared games.  

For those of us who still only have a PSP, it is refreshing to see we have not been left behind; just because we do not have the funds or justifiable time to substantiate running out and buying a VITA.

A while back there was a poll asking what PLUS members would like to see more of.  The resounding "first take" on the poll yielded a substantial vote for shared PSP / VITA games.  Someone must not have liked the outcome, because the poll reopened, and a new result was found.  Something to do with more PS VITA games for cheaper or free, with no PSP inclusion.

I am happy to see at least someone was paying attention to the Original Result of the poll.  I will take a happy coincidence as well, if that is all it is.

Thank you for not forgetting about us PSP owners Sony and Sony PLUS.

Moble

PSP was never part of PS+ and is still not advertised as such, so don't act like it was/is. The ONLY reason you're getting any PSP games is because of the Vita's addition to PS+. Unless it's the best of the best PSP has to offer, Vita gamers understandably want Vita games. If you don't own a Vita, then you should honestly have no say in the matter when it comes to Vita's IGC offerings.

Message 13 of 37 (285 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1486 posts

OFFICIAL POST
May 14, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

For those of us who still only have a PSP, it is refreshing to see we have not been left behind; just because we do not have the funds or justifiable time to substantiate running out and buying a VITA.

A while back there was a poll asking what PLUS members would like to see more of.  The resounding "first take" on the poll yielded a substantial vote for shared PSP / VITA games.  Someone must not have liked the outcome, because the poll reopened, and a new result was found.  Something to do with more PS VITA games for cheaper or free, with no PSP inclusion.

I am happy to see at least someone was paying attention to the Original Result of the poll.  I will take a happy coincidence as well, if that is all it is.

Moble

Well, that first poll was at the very start of the PS Vita Instant Game Collection. Since it's now been around for a while, I wanted to crystalize the feedback a bit more with a new, more specific poll on PSP Games in the IGC. 

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 14 of 37 (266 Views)
SCEA
1486 posts

OFFICIAL POST
May 14, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:
Never played Knytt Underground so I might give it a chance. I still have to start Sleeping Dogs.

PS+ just keeps adding to my backlog :smileyvery-happy:

I've finally been getting to Sleeping Dogs and it's really good. Really was surprised by how good the open world stuff is in the game so far too. It starts out fairly linear for the first hour, with you only able to walk around to selct spots. But it opens up soon afetr, and so far it's been really good. 

I've heard good things about Knytt as well though, so definitely give it a shot

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 15 of 37 (266 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

May 14, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

PSP was never part of PS+ and is still not advertised as such, so don't act like it was/is. The ONLY reason you're getting any PSP games is because of the Vita's addition to PS+. Unless it's the best of the best PSP has to offer, Vita gamers understandably want Vita games. If you don't own a Vita, then you should honestly have no say in the matter when it comes to Vita's IGC offerings.

Well, you are rude. ^^^

Thank you Morgan for the clear up.  Yes; this Poll was some months ago.  The poll opened with what people want to see more of, on PLUS.  There were four choices, of which I remember three...

More Cloud Space

Games available for PSP and VITA

Increase in Discounts and Free Games for VITA only

When the Poll initially closed, the "winner" was PSP & VITA Games, followed by Cloud, then the third choice and VITA Increases only, was dead last.

The Poll was reset, then the next result had the Increase in VITA only, as the winner, after some "influencing" and adjusting to attention towards the VITA result.  It was just a poll and nothing to bark loudly about the change, but none the less, I noticed it.

Again, I hearken back to the fact that this Poll was in September 2012, err ahem..... (Note the Month:smileywink:but I digress.

As a community we, ALL, have input for Sony.  Just because one person may not have a system someone else has, does not preclude them from having input!

We are all prospective consumers and users of Sony Products and Services.  I just so happen to have a PSP and NOT a VITA.  I am not opposed to PLUS having a greater push towards VITA, as it just makes good business sense.  The PSP is aging and dare I say, "out dated".  Just the same, my simple point was to say, Thank You Sony, for not forgetting all about us PSP hangons.  I appreciate the attention, regardless of whether it is tied to VITA or not.  I have nothing against VITA, I want it to succeed.  I merely do not have the time and available cash to justify picking one up for myself.

I did not ask for a history of PSP and PLUS, I did not ask for criticism on my appreciation for the PSP inclusion.  I was merely saying thank you, while pointing out something I noticed back in September.  I got over it, actually it never really bothered me, it was a simple observation, to which I was re drawing attention.  At the end of the day, what Sony decides to do with PLUS, VITA and the PSP is their decision.

Further, my attention to this past detail, was to only further bolster my appreciation for the PSP inclusion and attention to those of us who do not have a VITA, but still enjoy portable gaming with Sony.

I do spend most of my time on the PS3, and less on the PSP, so again,at the end of the day it matters less to me what is put on PLUS for the VITA and even the PSP.  Just the same; I am always delighted to see anything on PLUSfor any of the systems, as it shows Sony's dedication to its consumer base and an appreciation for all users of Sony Gaming Systems.

SO; before someone comes at me with an accusation of; "you have no say", just stop right there.  We ALL have say.  It is a community!  We do not have to agree with one another, but we MUST respect one another's opinions.  Words can be the most important representation of who we are and how we carry ourselves.  CHOOSE words, and don't just fling them.

Again, thank you Morgan, and thank you Sony.  I will enjoy my PSP version of Knytt.:smileywink:

Moble

Message 16 of 37 (251 Views)
Shinra Executive
32354 posts

May 14, 2013

/>

WELL SAID SIR.

BRIT-KO

Message 17 of 37 (246 Views)
First Son
2 posts

May 14, 2013
Metro is not available for me. Searched but can't find it. :smileysad: Is anyone else having an issue? A ps plus member in the states, was really looking forward to the discount and playing the game today..
Message 18 of 37 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

May 14, 2013
again nothing for me in ps+ for this month
Message 19 of 37 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
599 posts

May 14, 2013
@kelvin_khaos the store hasn't updated yet. Wait 3-4hours then try getting metro.
Message 20 of 37 (231 Views)