First Son
2 posts

Re: After a playstation plus expires do u lose your free games?

Jul 10, 2013

While I understand that if you stop Plus service, you lose the games;  What happens in the two following situations:

1. PS3 support ends:  Will you still be able to use Plus games?  (i.e. in the distant future with the PS4 and PS5 when there is no longer PS3 PSN)
  2. If you end your service and the game is removed from the store, does that mean the only way to get the game is to get Plus again?  Or does it give you the option to purchase it again?
Message 71 of 120 (1,124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

I was curious about this question if you truly OWN the "free" games you download with a PS+ account, and it sucks that my sneaking hunch is apparently right, that you DON'T. It sucks especially, because XBOX Live has now also started offering FREE monthly games, and you don't need to be a GOLD member to play them after downloaded... they are truly YOURS:

"Q. Do I get to keep the games?

Yes, once you download the games, they are yours to keep. If you ever need to remove a game from your console, you can download it again from your Download History in Account Settings." ( http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/games/games-with-gold  )

I will be signing up for PS+ soon, once the ps4 comes out (since I currently only have the Vita and the Xbox360)... and I hope this issue will be solved by then, because the main reason I have chosen ps4 over xbox one is because Sony has recently proven it cares more about their customers than does microsoft. But this misleading policy is not in line with its caring for customers.

However, on the other side, I can see how if you do OWN the games with PS+ it could be a problem, since then you could get a PS+ trial, and download and keep all the free games. But I would rather Sony cut out any PS+ trial offers than mislead customers into thinking they OWN a game for free, rather than just RENTING it. And like was said above, that discourages people from purchasing DLC, and spending money and time in other ways they would if the game really was THEIR OWN. 

Hoping this policy will be corrected soon before the release of the ps4, because Sony will be getting a LARGE amount of users who are coming to them from XboX, and those users are expecting Sony to take care of their customers and be honest, and that's why they have left XboX, but on this policy, XboX Live is actually more on the side of their customers.

Perhaps having the free games ONLY available for download for a certain time (16 day period like Xbox Live Gold) or per month will solve this issue, rather than leaving them as free permanently in the PS Store as Sony currently does... this will limit the number of people owning the free games and will not cause the physical games to fall greatly in price. Some people will still complain like on Xbox Live Gold that they "Missed a game", but then that is their own fault, and plus it is still better to not mislead the consumers into thinking the game is TRULY Free (and that they OWN it). It will also encourage PS Users to maintain their PS+ membership, so that they will not miss out on any of their favorite games that are available for free download only for a limited time. 

I HOPE SONY WILL GET THIS MESSAGE AND CONSIDER THESE OPTIONS

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/melka_ashur.png

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/melka_ashur][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/melka_ashur.png[/IMG][/URL]

Message 72 of 120 (927 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Aug 24, 2013

but on this policy, XboX Live is actually more on the side of their customers.

f92dd7fa775d98ad1af22fa8c89451338a230470537c81310e128ca9e8e7aa63_1.gif

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 73 of 120 (922 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Re: PS Plus Expires - Games Gone Too?

Aug 24, 2013
Ps+ is such a rip off and it's the main reason i'm considering jumping to xbox this gen.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 74 of 120 (909 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Re: PS Plus Expires - Games Gone Too?

Aug 25, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
Ps+ is such a rip off and it's the main reason i'm considering jumping to xbox this gen.

Then please go and don't ever come back here again.  The community will be better for it.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 75 of 120 (893 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: after a playstation plus expires do u lose your free games?

Aug 27, 2013

were you able to find out if it worked or not.  i was wondering the same thing since I am able to play the Ps Plus game on my Europe account from my USA account and I do not have PS Plus for my europe account.   I want to get PS Plus for the Europe account but only a free trial or 3 month membership so i can get some of the games that are offered for Europe which are not offered to North America PS Plus members.    Will a North America 3 month PS Plus card work on a a Europe account.

Message 76 of 120 (852 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Had a similar question...

I want to get a 3 month subscription to ps+ in Europe and then let it expire.

Will I still be able to access and play them games once the European account expires with my U.S. account if I have a current ps+ membership in the U.S.? 

Message 77 of 120 (852 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3102 posts

Aug 27, 2013

MrSuperstarBeal wrote:

Had a similar question...

I want to get a 3 month subscription to ps+ in Europe and then let it expire.

Will I still be able to access and play them games once the European account expires with my U.S. account if I have a current ps+ membership in the U.S.? 

Why would you be able to continue accessing those games?  PS Plus in EU and PS Plus in NA are two completely different programs

( as we know the content is completely different).  Not only that, the content is from two completely different Playstation Stores.

Message 78 of 120 (839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Well I made a European account and can play my ps+ games i got from the U.S. on it.

Message 79 of 120 (836 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 27, 2013

It's just that the Europeans got some decent games that I wanted to try and download but don't want to have to pay for 2 seperate ps+ subscriptions.

Message 80 of 120 (833 Views)
0 Likes