May 19 2013
By: rdz_michael First Son 4 posts

PS Plus Question

11 replies 174 views Edited May 19, 2013
So I wanna get a Playstation Plus 1-Year subscription, but since I plan on getting the PS4 at launch, I have my doubts. If I buy a PS Plus subscription right now while I'm on PS3, will I still have the subscription when I'm on PS4?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I need it answered! Thank you!
Message 1 of 12 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Re: PS Plus Question

May 19, 2013

great question. im sure it will roll over or they will offer different price tiers. just like vita ps3 plus. its a family. i wouldnt worry. im getting ps4, im renewing plus always. great program, already have a nice vita and ps3 library from it. 

Equality for all
Message 2 of 12 (165 Views)
Last Guardian
11295 posts

May 19, 2013
I can't give you an answer since i don't have a reliable source, but i'm pretty sure it'll carry over, just like your ID, trophies, things you bought, etc... Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 12 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19728 posts

May 19, 2013
As of now, we have no information about PS+ subscriptions transferring over to the PS4. I would think that it would transfer over, since the PS+ is tied to the PSN Account, which will transfer over to the PS4, but I can't give you a definite answer.
Message 4 of 12 (160 Views)
Last Guardian
11715 posts

May 19, 2013

The thing is that at this point we don't know yet whether PlayStation 4 will utilize the Plus program. I'm afraid that the answer ye seek won't turn up until this year's E3. I'd say it's better to hold off until then for confirmation when like last year Sony makes their announcement concerning Plus subscribers.

Message 5 of 12 (158 Views)
MVP Support
38734 posts

May 19, 2013

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 6 of 12 (155 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

May 19, 2013
It begs the question... What would be the point of having a ps4 and a ps plus subscription? There won't be any ps4 games to add to psplus since they will all be new games... And you won't be able to dowload or play any of the ps3 games in ps plus on your ps4 since its not backwards compatible...I guess it will be like vita where at first its not included in ps plus but eventually it will be. So like a year after launch maybe ps4 will be included in plus?
Message 7 of 12 (132 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 19, 2013
I remember at the PS announcement someone saying "For the PS4, you're gonna WANT PS+." And I think it's for Ye following reason: All the cool features they listed during the conference will only be for PS+ subscribers. Such as the "Friend takes over the game at a difficult part" thing. Or vein able to record your gameplay.

But that's just my thinking, I think it'd be smart that way.
Message 8 of 12 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 19, 2013

rdz_michael wrote:
I remember at the PS announcement someone saying "For the PS4, you're gonna WANT PS+." And I think it's for Ye following reason: All the cool features they listed during the conference will only be for PS+ subscribers. Such as the "Friend takes over the game at a difficult part" thing. Or vein able to record your gameplay.

But that's just my thinking, I think it'd be smart that way.

I don't remember that. I think they might have different level of subscriction from what I read.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/25/yoshida-ps4-may-have-subscription-levels-all-games-to-be-digit/

Message 9 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10747 posts

May 19, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:
It begs the question... What would be the point of having a ps4 and a ps plus subscription? There won't be any ps4 games to add to psplus since they will all be new games... And you won't be able to dowload or play any of the ps3 games in ps plus on your ps4 since its not backwards compatible...I guess it will be like vita where at first its not included in ps plus but eventually it will be. So like a year after launch maybe ps4 will be included in plus?

I suspect Gaikai streaming service will be tied in some way to PS+.  Whether it would be tiered pricing is really the only question about it.

That being said, since the PS4 will have a limited library of games initially, I could see a $50/yr price tier, as it is now, that covers all three platforms (PS4, PS3, PSVita), which would add even more incentive to hold on to your PS3 after the purchase of a PS4.  This tier would also include a shared cloud save service betwen the PS3 and PS4 and the current separate cloud save service for PS Vita.

I imagine that Gaikai will be added to a 'Premium' PS+ tier which would cost about $80/yr, which includes the current PS+ plan for all three consoles, plus unlimited Gaikai game streaming for the PS4 (and possibly PS Vita).

Message 10 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes