Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jul 08 2013
By: cross12095 Wastelander 801 posts
Offline

PS Plus on PS4

82 replies 448 views Edited Jul 8, 2013

Ever since Sony announced that PS Plus was mandatory for online play on the PS4, I was left wondering why there wasn't a giant uproar on this issue. Why is it that we as PlayStation gamers now find it acceptable for paying for online? For years we made fun of Microsoft for putting online behind a pay-wall and now that Sony is about to do it with the PS4 it almost seems that people regard it as the best thing ever. Is it just fanboyism, like when Xbox faithful were trying to defend Microsoft's DRM policies on Xbox One? If Nintendo (Nintendo Network), Valve (Steam), EA (Origin) Ubisoft (Uplay), heck even Microsoft (Games for Windows Live) can do free online why can't Sony anymore? Could it be that Sony is just being greedy? We must remember that Microsoft tried to charge for online play on Games for Windows Live and PC gamers stood up against MS and now it's free. We must do the same and unite as PlayStation gamers and tell Sony a simple message - Free online play or Go Home!

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8.1, Win 8.1 PC
Message 1 of 83 (448 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Online
14460 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013

No.

 

No to this thread. No to the uproar. No to you. Use the search funtion.

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=ps+plus+ps4&filter=labels%2Cl...


To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 83 (446 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/17/2013
Offline
117 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013
Because Ps+ is actually good.
Message 3 of 83 (418 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
187 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

Ever since Sony announced that PS Plus was mandatory for online play on the PS4, I was left wondering why there wasn't a giant uproar on this issue. Why is it that we as PlayStation gamers now find it acceptable for paying for online? For years we made fun of Microsoft for putting online behind a pay-wall and now that Sony is about to do it with the PS4 it almost seems that people regard it as the best thing ever. Is it just fanboyism, like when Xbox faithful were trying to defend Microsoft's DRM policies on Xbox One? If Nintendo (Nintendo Network), Valve (Steam), EA (Origin) Ubisoft (Uplay), heck even Microsoft (Games for Windows Live) can do free online why can't Sony anymore? Could it be that Sony is just being greedy? We must remember that Microsoft tried to charge for online play on Games for Windows Live and PC gamers stood up against MS and now it's free. We must do the same and unite as PlayStation gamers and tell Sony a simple message - Free online play or Go Home!


Make this about the 15th topic i have seen about this... You want to know WHY they are charging for PS+ for online usage on PS4? Hmm, lets see all the new features that would cause the servers to struggle if you didn't pay. Game Video Streaming... If the online was still free, this option would be INSANELY crappy. Plus paying for PS+ betters the servers quality and security. 

Like the good ol' saying ... " You get what you pay for " ... You want free online multiplayer, you will have poor service. ( Compared to paid online multiplayer.)

 photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Message 4 of 83 (414 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013
Oh, and if you cant pay for $5 online play THAT GETS YOU THE INSTANT GAME COLLECTION AND MANY OTHER EXCLUSIVE FEATURES AT AN EVEN HIGHER VALUE, you should not be playing.
Message 5 of 83 (412 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/20/2009
Online
1799 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013

I think most people are happy that thier online experience will be enhanced, Im sure i heard in the past people saying they would rather pay to play to get rid of some of the online problems experienced  with online play in the past.  If it was an unreasonable request Sony was making we would hear a lot more grumbling about the issue but i think most of the gamers or at least hardcore gamers (so to speak) are more then welcoming the change.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 6 of 83 (410 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2009
Offline
801 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

No.

 

No to this thread. No to the uproar. No to you. Use the search funtion.

 

 


That's the problem there isn't an uproar when there should be one. Search function is useless seeing as how all those threads are dead. I would go on PS Blog Share but that's dead also, there hasn't been a new suggestion since October 15th 2012. Besides Sony following in MS's footsteps is nothing to be proud of.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8.1, Win 8.1 PC
Message 7 of 83 (401 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
9915 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013
Because most people realize that with psn+ on the ps4 we get more than just the ability to play games online. All Xbox live gold gives you is ability to play games online and use apps like Netflix etc( the ps4 does not require you to have psn+ membership to use Netflix, or even free to play games online).

People also realize that the servers that Sony needs to make the servers work costs money, so it's inevitable that we ould eventually have to pay for it..

Oh and PC has free multiplayer only because the servers for each particular game is either hosted by a individual like yourself.. Or hosted by a website... But don't get me wrong these servers are not free either... It costs money to run, someone is paying a company to run these servers so you can play online for free. But who knows, one day servers may pop up that the server operators only allows those who pay to access just to offset the costs of running the server
>

Message 8 of 83 (393 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2013
Offline
493 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013
Uproar. Good word. I like the fact that they are charging for online. More money for Sony to improve the network. Nothing in life is free.
Message 9 of 83 (390 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2009
Offline
801 posts
 

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013

RGA_BodyBag wrote:

Make this about the 15th topic i have seen about this... You want to know WHY they are charging for PS+ for online usage on PS4? Hmm, lets see all the new features that would cause the servers to struggle if you didn't pay. Game Video Streaming... If the online was still free, this option would be INSANELY crappy. Plus paying for PS+ betters the servers quality and security. 

Like the good ol' saying ... " You get what you pay for " ... You want free online multiplayer, you will have poor service. ( Compared to paid online multiplayer.)


  • Video live streaming is being handled by Ustream not Sony
  • What a load of BS, servers are servers, there's no such thing as better or worse servers, they are all the same. Also I don't see ppl complaing about the security on Steam.
My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8.1, Win 8.1 PC
Message 10 of 83 (387 Views)
Reply
0 Likes