Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

RGA_BodyBag wrote:

Make this about the 15th topic i have seen about this... You want to know WHY they are charging for PS+ for online usage on PS4? Hmm, lets see all the new features that would cause the servers to struggle if you didn't pay. Game Video Streaming... If the online was still free, this option would be INSANELY crappy. Plus paying for PS+ betters the servers quality and security. 

Like the good ol' saying ... " You get what you pay for " ... You want free online multiplayer, you will have poor service. ( Compared to paid online multiplayer.)

• Video live streaming is being handled by Ustream not Sony
  • What a load of BS, servers are servers, there's no such thing as better or worse servers, they are all the same. Also I don't see ppl complaing about the security on Steam.

Please do research next time before trying to make a fool of yourself. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 83 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jul 8, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
Oh, and if you cant pay for $5 online play THAT GETS YOU THE INSTANT GAME COLLECTION AND MANY OTHER EXCLUSIVE FEATURES AT AN EVEN HIGHER VALUE, you should not be playing.

I don't mind PS Plus, I actually think its awesome but putting online play behind it on the PS4 is just ridiculous. 

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8.1, Win 8.1 PC
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 83 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9507 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Cross you need to understand that this is inevitable with things becoming more expensive to run, you can't expect a free ride forever
>

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 83 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Teus wrote:

People also realize that the servers that Sony needs to make the servers work costs money, so it's inevitable that we ould eventually have to pay for it..

Except for the fact that Sony has already said in the past the PSN was profitable in its current form.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 83 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9507 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Um you should understand steam probably pockets some of the money from the sales of games.. As part of the costs of doing business with them..
>

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 83 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Teus wrote:
Cross you need to understand that this is inevitable with things becoming more expensive to run, you can't expect a free ride forever

Like I said before, multiple companies already do free online and they are extremely profitable. Even Sony is profitable with the PSN in its current form.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 83 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9507 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Yea in its "current form" but it's changing with the ps4. So it being profitable may no longer be the case.. As I said costs are rising.
>

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 83 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Teus wrote:
Um you should understand steam probably pockets some of the money from the sales of games.. As part of the costs of doing business with them..

So does Sony! Do you obviously believe Sony puts up games for free on the PS Store?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 83 (188 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Jul 8, 2013

It is what it is they announced the extra charge well before the ps4 came out and before people started pre-ordering them, if you have that much of a problem with it continue to play the ps3 (if you have it) at no additonal required plus membership.  Otherwise i dont know what to tell you, Sony decided to charge it some people are happy about the improved online experience coming some people probably arent as happy with it.  There is no middle ground here you get a ps4 and want to play online you will need to purchase it.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 83 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14130 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

Must we do this tango again, Cross? You at least checked the link I provided. You must have seen that there were over 200 threads on the subject. You've already posted the same argument that has been posted in those 200 threads. Why do it again? You're not going to get your uproar. You're not going to bring anything new to the argument. And this thread will go on, in the same vein, so long as others try to refute your nonsense, which it seems you're willing to carry on with.

EDIT: Refute the points all you like. I'm not going to reply to this thread and perpetuate this nonsense. 

Most of the arguments I have encountered:

• Many people hate this - Vocal minority on the PlayStation Community forums which is not a representative sample of all prospective PS4 owners
  • The PS4 won't sell because of this - False. If the amount pre-orders over the past few weeks have told you nothing just look around the internet. Most people do not care or happily embrace this gift
  • I can't pay for it - At $50 for a year ($4.17 per month) it isn't out of anyone's reach that is able to purchase a PS4. How do you expect to pay for games if $50 is an astronomical figure?
  • I'd pay for a more expensive console in order - You. Not the average consumer that must be considered. Not to mention the fact that keeping the network online is a recurring fee whereas the PS4 purchase is a one time payment.
  • don't want to pay for it - E-n-t-i-t-l-e-m-e-n-t. Entitlement
  • My principles - Are not to be considered when buying a console. If it bothers you that you, fully capable, must pay consider the poor soul that made the clothes you're wearing before you even mention principles.
  • PSN has been free forever, why change / Bait and switch - Yes, Sony has been graceful enough to pay the costs for free online play since the PS2. Now they want to cover some of those costs and improve the network. Your already flaky loyalty doesn't pay anything.
  • Sony said PSN will alway be free, liars - PSN will remain free on the PS3 and PS Vita.
  • What is to stop Sony from asking us to pay for other stuff - Oh the horror. Unless you worry about Siri paving the way for Skynet's self awareness I don't think that is a valid concern.
  • Why should I pay for services (Cloud/Free Games/Discounts/etc.) that I won't touch just to play online - When I had cable I didn't pick and choose the ten channels I would watch and just pay for those.
  • PC gaming is free - Not the same thing
  • I need to know how many servers are going to be added before I pay (somone actually said this) - Why? That is a ludicrous request. Once you have the number then what?

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 83 (185 Views)