Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

al2009man wrote:

CradleOfFish wrote:

It's only MULTIPLAYER online you have to have PS+ for. Regular online should still be free (I think).

I think so. since publishers can choose if they force you to get PS+ for Online Multiplayer or not

but notices something... 

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. it's a upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game coming on PC, PS3 and PS4!

IS IT GOING TO BE FREE BECAUSE IT'S A MMORPG TITLE which you go online only. will it have a same fate with...Online Pass

The game service for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, is not free.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

Scroll down on the page, and look at the service fees area.

so that mean you need PS+ just to play FFXIV on a upcoming PS4 console? that's a bit unfair for a MMORPG title. doesn't make any sense

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 51 of 83 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

That's your personal opinion.

But it's been stated several times already, in many complaint threads such as this on why it's being enhanced.

Better servers, better game experience, overall good quality that we don't have on the PS3.

Which would have been the natural progression of the PSN anyways, you seriously can't compare the PSN of 2006 to the one of today. In order to survive and compete the PSN has to be an ever-evolving service. So putting up the natural progression of a service as an excuse for making the PSN not free on the PS4 is ridiculous.

These are one of these debates, where you don't like others not agreeing with you.

So I'm just back out now, and leave you with something.

Either learn to accept that this is the way our future of Sony is, or continue playing on the PS3 for ever long the servers stay up.

Besides, not everything will be pay to play. I believe I read that it's mostly up the developer, but honestly..is it really that much to spend 50 dollars on a year suscription? We're talking a year, without having to worry about paying monthly, seems like a good deal to me.

Message 52 of 83 (200 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Teus wrote:
Does it ever occur to you that they just can't offer it for free anymore.. With everything they are adding to the psn+ service on the ps4 , it would honestly surprise me if they were still able to offer online multiplayer for free...

Look your really beating a dead horse here. Look not everyone shares your views here. So you are not going to convince anyone here. So I would suggest that you move on.

Steam is going to have a couple of updates throughout the rest of the year that will make it on par with what the PSN will offer later this year on the PS4 all for free. So like I have been saying before, a question that you guys seem to be ignoring is if competing services can still remain to be free and still offer the same features why can't Sony keep doing that with the PSN?

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 53 of 83 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

al2009man wrote:

I wanted to resolve my confusion with PS+ required to play ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

Since Publishers can allows if they want their game to be free without PS+ or not (Mostly Online only/FREE-TO-PLAY) games such as DC Universe Online, Planetsiders 2, Warframe)

as i last replyed about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, DO I NEED PS+ JUST TO PLAY THIS GAME ONCE ITS OUT ON PS4 VERSION? if so. then it's confirmed. Publishers can choose to make it total free or require PS+

Here's the list that uses Online Pass in the past-current (if Wikipedia still have all the list so far)

505 Games
Activision
D3Publisher
Electronic Arts (2010-2013) 
Sony Computer Entertainment (2011-2013)
THQ (-2013)
Ubisoft
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

since PS4 needs Plus to play online multiplayer...i say its going to be like Online Pass...expect you need PS Plus for it Smiley Tongue

I don't know if there is a PS4 version of FF14, but if there is it most likely would not require a PS Plus sub to play it.

It was announced for a PS4 Port (if you're talking about "A Realm Reborn" One) during the E3 2013/Crystal's Cal trailer 

In a very end of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHnxfrvgdqw&feature=share&list=PL0230435155E08820 (skip to 4:42)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 54 of 83 (199 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2541 posts

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

But it's been stated several times already, in many complaint threads such as this on why it's being enhanced.

Better servers, better game experience, overall good quality that we don't have on the PS3.

Which would have been the natural progression of the PSN anyways, you seriously can't compare the PSN of 2006 to the one of today. In order to survive and compete the PSN has to be an ever-evolving service. So putting up the natural progression of a service as an excuse for making the PSN not free on the PS4 is ridiculous.

You pretty much just answered why PS+ is required now. No offence to you personally, but you and everyone else who argues over/defends this topic are now what I call: a "Self-Entitled Gamer". Things change people, it is time to get used to it.

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat
Chat is available:
Monday - Saturday, 6AM - 10PM, PST
Sunday, 8AM - 8PM, PST

Message 55 of 83 (189 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Jul 8, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

These are one of these debates, where you don't like others not agreeing with you.

So I'm just back out now, and leave you with something.

Either learn to accept that this is the way our future of Sony is, or continue playing on the PS3 for ever long the servers stay up.

Besides, not everything will be pay to play. I believe I read that it's mostly up the developer, but honestly..is it really that much to spend 50 dollars on a year suscription? We're talking a year, without having to worry about paying monthly, seems like a good deal to me.

No I'm just stating the fact, the reasons Sony has come out with for putting online play behind a PS Plus subscription is just pure BS. Yes keeping the PSN up & running costs $$$ but they have been able to offer the service for free for almost 7 years now while making it profitable. 

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 56 of 83 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 8, 2013

al2009man wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

al2009man wrote:

CradleOfFish wrote:

It's only MULTIPLAYER online you have to have PS+ for. Regular online should still be free (I think).

I think so. since publishers can choose if they force you to get PS+ for Online Multiplayer or not

but notices something... 

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. it's a upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game coming on PC, PS3 and PS4!

IS IT GOING TO BE FREE BECAUSE IT'S A MMORPG TITLE which you go online only. will it have a same fate with...Online Pass

The game service for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, is not free.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

Scroll down on the page, and look at the service fees area.

so that mean you need PS+ just to play FFXIV on a upcoming PS4 console? that's a bit unfair for a MMORPG title. doesn't make any sense

No word on anything about PS4 release, there's not even a date yet. I'm sure that'll come early next year. But it depends on the developer, so we'll have to see what happens then. 

Message 57 of 83 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jul 8, 2013

If your a gamer without PS Plus you're doing it wrong.

Message 58 of 83 (168 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

No I'm just stating the fact, the reasons Sony has come out with for putting online play behind a PS Plus subscription is just pure BS. Yes keeping the PSN up & running costs $$$ but they have been able to offer the service for free for almost 7 years now while making it profitable. 

Fail.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 59 of 83 (168 Views)
Sackboy
464 posts

Jul 9, 2013

kisuma1 wrote:

cross12095 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

You pretty much just answered why PS+ is required now. No offence to you personally, but you and everyone else who argues over/defends this topic are now what I call: a "Self-Entitled Gamer". Things change people, it is time to get used to it.

Are you complaining about PSN or PSN Plus?  Because PSN will still be free on PS4, just not the multilayer online thing. You will still be able to access almost every app for free (even though you need to pay for Netflix and Hulu and such but that is payment to those companies not Sony.).

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 60 of 83 (153 Views)