Jul 29 2014
By: da1writer MVP Support 6002 posts

PS Store PLAY 2014: 4 New Games, Big Discounts!

11 replies 1668 views Edited Jul 29, 2014

14689627326_e9a4151ecc_z.jpg

(Click above to go to the Original PS Blog Article)

Summertime on PlayStation Store means it’s time for PlayStation Store PLAY, our annual summer program featuring a diverse lineup of new games and special offers. PLAY 2014 officially kicks off today (following the PlayStation Store publish) when this year’s lineup of games becomes available for pre-order.

Now it’s time to get to the new games coming to PlayStation because that is what PS Store PLAY 2014 is all about. The lineup features four unique indie games including two stunning PlayStation exclusives, Hohokum andCounterSpy, as well as Rogue Legacy and The Swapper. Got a PS4, PS3, or PS Vita? Have all three? Well good news: all four games are Cross-Buy across all three platforms. That means you get all three versions for one price!

And if you are a PlayStation Plus member, you will receive a 20 percent discount on PLAY 2014 games when pre-ordering. The pre-orders for all four games will be available today with the first PLAY game launching next week. Here’s the lineup calendar and prices:

pricing.jpg

That’s not all. If you end up picking up two or more of these great games, we’re giving you a bonus PlayStation Store credit. You can take advantage of these great bonuses based on PLAY 2014 games purchased or pre-ordered from July 22 through August 25:

• Pre-order or Buy any 4 PlayStation Store PLAY 2014 games to get a $10 credit later*
  • Pre-order or Buy any 3 PlayStation Store PLAY 2014 games to get a $6 credit later*
  • Pre-order or Buy any 2 PlayStation Store PLAY 2014 games to get a $3 credit later*

*Voucher code redeemable for credits will be delivered by 9/5/14. Voucher code expires on 10/3/14.

Phew. That’s a lot of information. So don’t forget: all four games are Cross-Buy, PS Plus members get a 20 percent discount when pre-ordering, and if you buy more, you save more. Check out more info on the games below!

banner.png
(Click Above for it's Official Info Thread)

Rogue Legacy is a genealogical rogue-"LITE" where anyone can be a hero. 

Each time you die, your child will succeed you. Every child is unique. One child might be colorblind, another might have vertigo-- they could even be a dwarf. 

That's OK, because no one is perfect, and you don't have to be perfect to win this game. But you do have to be pretty darn good because this game is HARD. Fortunately, every time you die all the gold you've collected can be used to upgrade you manor, giving your next child a step up in life and another chance at vanquishing evil.

capsule_467x181.jpg 

The Swapper is an award-winning, narrative driven puzzle game set in the furthest reaches of space, originally developed on the PC by Facepalm Games.

Taking place in an isolated and atmospheric sci-fi world, players wield an experimental device which allows them to create clones of themselves, swapping their entire consciousness into new bodies to overcome the challenges of the environment.

Fiendishly designed puzzles with satisfyingly clever solutions, a unique and highly detailed art style created from real-world objects and a dark, mature story await explorers.

hohokum_banner.jpg

Enter the whimsical, colorful universe of Hohokum™. Take on the role of a curious flying kite-like being and travel to unique worlds full of eclectic characters and interactions.
 While there are goals, activities, and secrets to uncover, at its heart, Hohokum™ is a playground - a place to wander about and get lost in.

Pre-Ordering also nabs you:
Sound Shapes™ Hohokum™ Sound and Art Pack (PS4™/PS3™/PS Vita)
Hohokum™ Theme (PS3™)

tumblr_static_6o3rb7m131c0osk0owkg444oo (1).jpg

Combining the spy mythology and bold aesthetics of the 1950's and 1960's and set during the Cold War, CounterSpy™ focuses on the rogue third spy agency, C.O.U.N.T.E.R., that keeps the world's super powers at bay.

Just as each side of the ongoing conflict gets close to unleashing a blow of earthshaking proportions, C.O.U.N.T.E.R. jumps into action, stealthily sabotaging their dastardly plans and deceptively maintaining world peace.

Message 1 of 12 (1,668 Views)
Wastelander
689 posts

Re: PS Store PLAY 2014: 4 New Games, Big Discounts!

Jul 29, 2014
I hope this concept doesn't die.
It looks pretty promising to have a guilt free reward system that doesn't make people feel bad for not going all out for charity.

Pretty great.
Message 2 of 12 (1,571 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2921 posts

Jul 30, 2014

i might pick counterspy later. but definitely rogue legacy

Message 3 of 12 (1,554 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jul 30, 2014
I guess that squashes the rumor I heard about The Swapper being one of the free games for August.
Message 4 of 12 (1,521 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 31, 2014
Good list
Message 5 of 12 (1,298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
987 posts

Jul 31, 2014

Wish I would have gotten Rogue Legacy while it was cheap. Oh well. Still thinking about getting Counter Spy.

Message 6 of 12 (1,295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3636 posts

Jul 31, 2014

StealthKill47 wrote:

Wish I would have gotten Rogue Legacy while it was cheap. Oh well. Still thinking about getting Counter Spy.

Rogue legacy is really a lot of fun and very deep in terms of leveling up and so forth. Perfect game for the Vita. Counter Spy is the only one I'm on the fenck about but it looks great. All of these games are a great value, especially if you own both a PS3/4 and a Vita. Cross save is a great feature.

Message 7 of 12 (1,290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4461 posts

Jul 31, 2014

I've pre ordered all 4 of them. Awesome looking games!

Message 8 of 12 (1,273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 1, 2014

The Swapper is a really fun game, and I like how the whole game is made out of clay.

Message 9 of 12 (1,203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 4, 2014

yup more games that look like they should be on vita and not ps4. discounts on boring games, lame 2D games, how do we get our money back?

Message 10 of 12 (904 Views)
0 Likes