Highlighted
May 06 2014
By: PSXDerek Splicer 48 posts

PS Vita Slim (Vita 2000) not being carried by many stores,The ones that do carry it only 1-2 Units

[ Edited ]
16 replies 1273 views Edited May 6, 2014

So out of curiosity today i checked online and called a few stores every major retailer within a 50 mile radious of whom had Vita sli, (vita 2000) stock of the new bundle.  Kmart/Sears is not stocking Vita anymore as a company this was confirmed by two different locations.  Walmart only recieved one unit per store (5 stores near me) Gamestops near me (7 total) All in Massachusetts near Boston mind you had 1 unit per store of which were pre order only...So exactly how is Sony expecting to capitalize on this new Vita when virtually nobody has it available?  Or were they expecting the sales to sink from the get go?  Just sort of odd you launch it and nobody really stocks it,even Online sites like Newegg only had a VERY limited stock shipped (they would not disclose exact numbers).

Now i know that's one state and one small section of the country,for anyone who looked for one what was your experience? 

I was considering one  as i recently started a Youtube Gaming channel and i really need access to all the systems to do that efficently all of which i have except The vita and the Wii-U.  In the case of the Vita though i'll wait till a gamestop has one since i have a good share of unused credit there and i'm borderline on buying one to begin with.

MOD EDIT: Updated title to be more descriptive. Check here for more information. Thanks! - SillyFish5

Message 1 of 17 (1,273 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Re: PS Vita Slim (Vita 2000) not being carried by many stores,The ones that do carry it only 1-2 Uni

May 7, 2014
Yikes so gamestop called me back later last night and gave me an ETA since nobody seemed to know earlier and only one gamestop within 50 miles of me will have any before may 28th and even they are only getting a very small shipment again with no exact #. That's... Really sad especially in an area so close to Boston it's not like I live in Hicksville USA or something.
Message 2 of 17 (1,196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Re: PS Vita Slim (Vita 2000) not being carried by many stores,The ones that do carry it only 1-2 Uni

May 7, 2014

I was the lucky one getting the last vita bundle at my local best buy yesturday. it is a limited edition bundle maybe thats why sony didnt ship out alot of units.

Greatness Awaits
Message 3 of 17 (1,190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Re: PS Vita Slim (Vita 2000) not being carried by many stores,ones that do carry it only stocked 1-2

May 7, 2014

Possibly but you would think more units than this would have been shipped,one has to wonder now how long it will take them to make the Vita 2000(slim) available just by itself.  Still though i don't remember the limited edition Assassins creed bundle which had the desirable White Vita this low stock or non existant stock and that's when Vita was moving more units.  Just makes one wonder is all.

Message 4 of 17 (1,179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 7, 2014
Here in miami I had the same issues this morning. Tried walmart and target and nothing, got it at best buy!
Message 5 of 17 (1,177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

May 7, 2014

Because the PS Vita has been a flop outside of Japan. I went to my local Wal-Mart last week and they had no Vita's for sale or any Vita games. I did noticed they had many Nintendo 3DS's on sale.

Message 6 of 17 (1,130 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

May 8, 2014

Stores stopped stocking the Vita around me and the only place that's still pushing it is Gamestop. I'm still on the fence about getting one but Sony's support for the device is pathetic and its reception worldwide nothing short of horrible especially when compared to its main competitor the 3DS which keeps breaking all kinds of records.

Feels like they sweeped people's complaint about the lack of quality games for the system under the bed by advertising the device as a PS4 remote play machine.

Message 7 of 17 (1,105 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 8, 2014

Your best bet is going to be online. Big box brick-and-mortar retailers are having enough trouble with sales in the first place because of "showrooming".

Then add the fact that Sony would not want to flood the market and make it seem like they are not selling. They are going to analyse sales, and then have the factories make the stock for the next month. Simple supply and demand.

PS3 | PS4 | PS Vita | PlayStation TV
Message 8 of 17 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 8, 2014

This is typical behavior for any new hardware release, so not sure why you're surprised. If you wanted one at launch, you should have pre-ordered, just like with the PS4 and XBO.

Message 9 of 17 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

May 8, 2014
Got one on Tuesday and I love it! Bummer that there is a shortage...

To anyone saying that support is pathetic...having a vita and PS+ is amazing!!

I have so many dang games for this thing, I've run out if room!

What other portable gaming device GIVES you games to play on it? What other portable gaming device gives you great discounts??

If you don't have one already...get it on back order or something because it's with the wait.
Message 10 of 17 (1,046 Views)