Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 23 2013
By: Crazy-Maisy PlayStation MVP 3292 posts

[PS Vita] The Happy .::. PS Vita Owner/User .::. Thread .::.

[ Edited ]
60 replies 890 views Edited Jun 21, 2014

Post here if you are a Happy PS Vita Owner/User.

What are you currently playing; What do you do with your PS Vita; What accessories do you use with your PS Vita; Screenshots; Games; Apps; NEAR; Questions &/or Answers; General PS Vita talk, and much more. Post once or often. 

All HAPPY :robotvery-happy: PS Vita Owner/Users are welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS Vita Owner Stats  - updated 9:03 a.m. November 11, 2013                          

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

• 33   Unique PS Vita Owners in this thread

•   2   Soon To Be PS Vita Owner in this thread

•   9   PS Vita users admitted to playing and seem to have loved
           Ki
    llzone: Mercenary BETA

•   3   PlayStation MVP's in this thread are Happy PS Vita Users

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 61 (890 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3292 posts

Re: .::. The Happy .::. PS Vita Owner/User .::. Thread .::.

Aug 23, 2013

I've had my PS Vita since February 15, 2012. (First Edition Bundle) I don't pick it up every day, but often I actually do, some days I hardly put it down. Depends on what's going on IRL and inside my PS Vita :robotwink:

My favorite PS Vita games are PixelJunkMonsters Ultimate HD; LEGO Lord of the Rings; LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey; ToM Blitz; LBPV; ---> Next favorite will be Killzone: Mercenary probably. The BETA is really, really good. I wasn't sure about getting it until later, but now I will pre-order it! :robotvery-happy:

This is my lockscreen:

My PS Vita Lockscreen

I set this in place many, many months ago, the screenshot is from 2012.

I 100% both LEGO games in my favorite list above. I don't replay them at the time, but might at some point in the future. I do currently play the KM Beta; ToM Blitz (100%); PJMUHD (57%) and sometimes LBPV, Men's Room Mayhem and Jetpack Joyride, both those last one's have pesky 1 or 2 trophies I don't have yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 61 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Aug 23, 2013
I really like my Vita so far! I bought it used on August 2nd for $200 (came with a 32 Memory Card, 2 8 memory cards, a case, and Persona 4) and I've been playing it more than any of my other consoles. I purchase a lot of Indie games. Some of my favorites are Thomas Was Alone, Limbo, and Stealth Inc. I just bought Guacamelee today and intend to start i up soon!

On the AAA side, I like Rayman Origins, Gravity Rush, Uncharted:Golden Abyss, and the Killzone beta. (Persona 4 is great too! I just think of it as a port rather than a Vita exclusive).
I'm definitely glad I made the decision to buy this! The power and portability idea works very well for me!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 61 (872 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Aug 23, 2013
Just got my plat today on Lego Lotr for my vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 61 (870 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6964 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

Well i have had my psvita since feb15th as well, i play it almost everyday on my way to work or gym and back home, i use it mostly for gaming but from time to time i use twitter and music unlimited over wifi network. 

I remember the first day i got it, i think i played Little Deviants the whole night lol, i was laughing at how much fun the game was then i decided to buy another vita for my little nephew with little deviants and wipeout 2048 (ps plus wasnt supported on the vita at that time) so we used to play Wipeout 2048 online together.

i remember telling him that finally we'd been able to play online together without me having to call him up over the phone to let him know when to join a race lol (Motorstorm Arctic Edge didnt have join a friend option so there was no other way to play together) 

My favorite games thus far are : Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD, ModNation Racers Road Trip, Sound Shapes and Wipeout 2048.

Games i'm looking forward to play: Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, Kick&Fennick, Dead Nation, Flower, God of War 1, 2, Flame Over, Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse, Helldivers AND if insomniac games bring Into the Nexus to the vita then im looking forward to play it on my vita as well.

My wishlist for 2014: New Brutal off road Motorstorm game, New Resistance game developed by Insomniac or Bend Studio, Bend's next project (hopefully Syphon Filter with online multiplayer), Gravity Rush 2, MediEvil, Heavenly Sword and new IPs. 

Im currently playing Pixeljunk Monster Ultimate HD, Superfrog HD, Little Big Planet online and Killzone Mercenary beta, its been over a year since i bought my vita and i can honestly say this is what i wanted the psp to be. Extremely happy with my purchase but of course i want more AAA titles.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 61 (844 Views)
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I am not a happy vita owner.... Yet. I plan to buy 2-3 in the next couple of months for me and my kids but I have a couple of questions. Are the Vita's region locked? I have seen some apps on youtube  that I have not been able to find in the US PS store. What are some of the hidden games, apps, and features that few people talk or know about that I should know about? What are some must have accessories for the Vita. Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 61 (834 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6964 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

I am not a happy vita owner.... Yet. I plan to buy 2-3 in the next couple of months for me and my kids but I have a couple of questions. Are the Vita's region locked? I have seen some apps on youtube  that I have not been able to find in the US PS store. What are some of the hidden games, apps, and features that few people talk or know about that I should know about? What are some must have accessories for the Vita. Thanks in advance!

In my opinion party app is great, you can be playing any game and talking to your friends even if they are not playing the same game, i like Near but not all games support it. 

must have accessories? i think a screen protector is a must have for your kids.

BTW Sly Cooper Thieves in Time is $14.99 ps3 version with vita included and $16.96 for the vita version alone on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SXU3Q/?tag=viglink129408-20

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 61 (826 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 24, 2013
I got my Vita at the end of May 2012 and had only modnation racers for a while. I started to get more games for it and then couldnt put it down.

I use it mostly for games and often for web browsing, music and youtube.

I currently play Phantasy Star Online 2 and Piccitto Knights. I have a NA acc with a ton of games on it and PS+.

I love my Vita and never thought for once that it was over-priced.

Thank You Sony for this amazing handheld console!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 61 (803 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3978 posts

Aug 24, 2013
I am a happy vita owner, though most of my vita game have been backlogged, so I haven't used it much. I did recently play through, and enjoy, Retro City Rampage on my vita, mind you. Its selection doesn't bother me, The vita, which supposedly "has no games" is currently compatible with 638 games on the NA psn. But, I suppose it doesn't have as much as it could in the way of exclusives. As a fan of all sorts of games, including Japanese games though, I'm pretty happy with its current library. Could it be better? Of course. There's room for improvement, but that's true of even the best systems.

Oh, Amnalehu, the vita is not region locked, but switching the account activation is a real pain. Just google it though, and you should be able to find all kinds of sources that walk you through the process, including vids.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 61 (797 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7535 posts

Aug 24, 2013
If it wasn't playing games or charging, it is in use for something else. My Vita is my primary portable internet browser and primary Skype handset.

The Vita, for me, was well worth the entry price many times over. :smileyhappy:
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 61 (794 Views)