Sep 13 2012
By: OptimusC Wastelander 694 posts

PS Vita Wish List Thread

31 replies 3801 views Edited Sep 13, 2012

I have been thinking...  a lot of us have a Wish List of things we'd like to see on our Vita's... I have seen so many threads saying "This should be on Vita" or "that would be awesome to have on Vita!"..... Sooo, I figured we could just have a thread with all the ideas in one place! 

Those ideas which are useful and productive could then, potentially, be sent to the Playstation.Blog.Share and then we can all vote on them!  It would be a great way to get the community really involved and help out on the things we'd really like to see, as we are, of course, the investors in this product and company!

If you have any ideas which think could benefit  the Vita and its Community please post below!

So without further-ado:

My idea is a redesigned trigger grip accessory (preferrably focused on the design of the PDP Trigger Grip) that allows functioning R2/L2 triggers. (still waiting on blog.share to post my idea)

Here's my pics of what I think could be a start to this project:

design 3.jpg

trigger function design 1.jpg

pdp trigger angle 1 - edit 1.jpg

pdp trigger angle 4 edit 1.jpg

pdp trigger angle 5 edit 1.jpg

Note:

**Obviously there are some flaws to the design, but this is just a mock-representation of how I think it could work.**

Message 1 of 32 (3,801 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Re: PS Vita Wish List Thread

Sep 13, 2012

I wish I could delete the Welcome Park icon.
And maybe Near too while I'm at it.

Message 2 of 32 (3,794 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Off the top of my head three things I'd like to see are:
-> Folders. Rather than having to swipe from screen, to screen, to screen, to screen it'd be a lot more practical to have folders where you just go for what you want (say: games you are currently playing, multiplayer games, apps, PSP games, and so on and so forth)~.
-> A better layout for icons. Being limited to 10 ugly bubbles is a terrible use of space. Having smaller icons aligned in a grid would go a long way in having things more accessible~.
-> Being able to use the internet browser while playing. Checking a faq or something -while- still playing would be awesome~.
Message 3 of 32 (3,766 Views)
MVP Support
13735 posts

Sep 13, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:
Off the top of my head three things I'd like to see are:
-> Folders. Rather than having to swipe from screen, to screen, to screen, to screen it'd be a lot more practical to have folders where you just go for what you want (say: games you are currently playing, multiplayer games, apps, PSP games, and so on and so forth)~.
-> A better layout for icons. Being limited to 10 ugly bubbles is a terrible use of space. Having smaller icons aligned in a grid would go a long way in having things more accessible~.
-> Being able to use the internet browser while playing. Checking a faq or something -while- still playing would be awesome~.

But then Apple might sue Sony for copying! XD

Just kidding, more organization would be nice

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 32 (3,763 Views)
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Sep 14, 2012

I like the controller idea. I would buy one. Myself I would like to see a vedio player on the internet serch engine so the internet would be complete. To be able to do it all from the vita. It would be nice to see  Crisis Core,MGS,Silent hill and Kindom Hearts psp games ported over. A fuller list of ps1 games which I know will eventually be here anyway. I could  sell my psp then with all the games I wont to keep on the vita. New games are coming so there is no reason to say that. But to me that would make the vita more of a do it all self contained mechine.

Message 5 of 32 (3,744 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

don't know why my posts are coming up weird

... also i think it would be sweet to just be able to place the icons anywhere on the screen rather than the set spots....and with folders they could keep the 10 icon (folder) bubbles per page. would be nice.

Message 6 of 32 (3,734 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 23, 2013

being  PSP Go owner one thing I sorely miss, press start save game, turn off come back to the same point later, instrad of re- doing the whole area all over again.

Message 7 of 32 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I have multiple accounts from other regions and buy games from other psn stores (for instnce PSP games that have not reached our shores or Phantasy Star Online 2).To say switch from one account to another I have to reset my system over and over just if  I want to play a game from another region and it is getting annoying to have to do the initial set up over and over again just to play something. I understand that the memory card is the thing linked to a specific account. 

Could you ether:

A. make it to where we can deactivate the system and activeate another account without losing our system prefrences

B.Allow us to say an accout is an affileated to our home account (think for instence the PS3 where they are multipal accounts but the same system; The multipal accounts could be under one general account)

Thanks 

Message 8 of 32 (3,416 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 5, 2013

ExCape96 wrote:

I have multiple accounts from other regions and buy games from other psn stores (for instnce PSP games that have not reached our shores or Phantasy Star Online 2).To say switch from one account to another I have to reset my system over and over just if  I want to play a game from another region and it is getting annoying to have to do the initial set up over and over again just to play something. I understand that the memory card is the thing linked to a specific account. 

Could you ether:

A. make it to where we can deactivate the system and activeate another account without losing our system prefrences

B.Allow us to say an accout is an affileated to our home account (think for instence the PS3 where they are multipal accounts but the same system; The multipal accounts could be under one general account)

Thanks 

I could not agree more. I have multiple accounts too, and switching over is such a pain. Every time I switch to my UK account, I need to re-register my vita with my PS3 so that I can activate remote play; restore the Vita to factory settings and have to go through the intro and the dumb hints, what a pain. If the PS3 can handle multiple accounts so should the Vita. Also region locking games makes no sense to me. If I purchase a game from the UK store or the Japanese store, since my name is on every taransaction why can't I play those games on my NA account, I'm able to do this on the PS3 why is it that this can't be done on the Vita

I suspect that these problems are due to the Vita having no or very little internal memory, but would it not be possible that when my Vita logs onto PSN it recognizes me and my accounts and lets me play my games on whatever account I choose to use as my primary account.

Message 9 of 32 (3,407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Eh... I kindof like the way that the design is set up. I don't like the trigger grips, its too hard to press the triggers down for me for some reason. Maybe its because I don't use it much or something but its alot harder than using the triggers on a controller. The only things I would like to be changed on the Vita is, to have folders, be able to delete icons that you don't use (some people complain about Email and I really would love not to see Welcome park there) it would be nice to have something other than bubbles it kindof looks stupid, Themes, and to be able to change the Icon for certain games (for instance the PSP game bubbles look stupid and should be changed I do not like how its a recktangle and all that in a bubble I would prefer having the bubble filled with the Icon just like regular Vita games)
Message 10 of 32 (3,397 Views)
0 Likes