I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

Re: PS Vita and its future

Apr 27, 2013

Thr only thing is that out of all the games for the vita there are very few that are not the cartoon type or silly dialogue, shell shaded type games. I have played more ps1 and psp games on mine than vita games. It would be nice if thay would at lest make some games with  the quality of psp games like The Third Birthday, Birth By Sleep, Crises Core, or Dissidia 012 which I am playing now. I would settle with psp quality games if they would adult them up a little. I really enjoyed Uncharted. Game play and graphics were great. I was hoping for more games like that at lest every now and than. 

As far as getting more vitas to sell most people are using multifunctional eletronics now days. I know it is first and formost a game system but if they worked on more selectable apps and a full working browser it could pull a lot of people in to buy one. Just thinking out loud.

Happy Gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2416 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

Wakefulness wrote:

To the average bluecollar game enthusiast, there are lots of games on the device both for the time its been out (about one year) and for people with an open mind. 

Most of which said people already played on their XBOX 360 / PS3 / PC / PS2. Ports can only carry you so far, and when most you have are ports, then you are facing an issue with the library. Additionally, that the PSV sells low isn't a perception, it's a reality. The numbers it's putting out in the West are pathetic and that is entirely the fault of the excessive price and lack of games. Yes, we are getting Soul Sacrifice next week. That's one new game since when? Sly Cooper in Feb? And that's not even an exclusive as it's available for the PS3 too. You can argue that we also got DOA5+ and NGS2+ but both of those are ports. P4G? Amazing JRPG. But a lot of people, myself included, already played it on the PS2. So, if we don't count Sly Cooper, the last new / exclusive game we got on the PSV was AC: Liberation~.

And that was in October~.

Indie games? Those are fine, but as a day one adopter I bought the PSV on the promise I'd get AAA games for it. That's not something I assumed, that's not something I hoped for, that's not something I made up. That was Sony's promotional campaign. Well, indie games are far from being AAA games. They aren't the Bioshock PSV we were told about in 2k11's E3~.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (189 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Apr 27, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Wakefulness wrote:

To the average bluecollar game enthusiast, there are lots of games on the device both for the time its been out (about one year) and for people with an open mind. 

Most of which said people already played on their XBOX 360 / PS3 / PC / PS2. Ports can only carry you so far, and when most you have are ports, then you are facing an issue with the library. Additionally, that the PSV sells low isn't a perception, it's a reality. The numbers it's putting out in the West are pathetic and that is entirely the fault of the excessive price and lack of games. Yes, we are getting Soul Sacrifice next week. That's one new game since when? Sly Cooper in Feb? And that's not even an exclusive as it's available for the PS3 too. You can argue that we also got DOA5+ and NGS2+ but both of those are ports. P4G? Amazing JRPG. But a lot of people, myself included, already played it on the PS2. So, if we don't count Sly Cooper, the last new / exclusive game we got on the PSV was AC: Liberation~.

And that was in October~.

Indie games? Those are fine, but as a day one adopter I bought the PSV on the promise I'd get AAA games for it. That's not something I assumed, that's not something I hoped for, that's not something I made up. That was Sony's promotional campaign. Well, indie games are far from being AAA games. They aren't the Bioshock PSV we were told about in 2k11's E3~.

I didn't buy my vita day 1 but I had my eyes on it from day 1 because of Sony's promotional campaign  , and I bought it because I got promised that there is AAA games for it , as JuanMdP said it's been a very long time to get new exclusive PSV game (soul sacrifice) and yes I didn't count sly because it's not exclusive. and even when S S will come out next week , there is another long waiting 5 months for killzone and we don't know anything about another AAA games after KZ (sure there will be alot of indie games , but I didn't buy my vita to play indie games they are not my type of games) , so yep E3 is my last hope for sony and the PSV .

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

And tbf, I never claimed VITA was not selling low in the US. I know the stats bc I see them everytime they come out. The statement I made is that people than make an assumption from those things that VITA is not worth having bc the outlook is purely bleak and they don't want to be associated with that. (When nothing could be further from the truth)

Also, the arguement of not wanting ports is fine but many of those are games very well suited to portables. And let's not forget if we blame a company for allowing/making ports on a device; let's support them when they a fine, new IP. 

Like Soul Sacrifice. (coming next week!) :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

Wakefulness wrote:

And tbf, I never claimed VITA was not selling low in the US. I know the stats bc I see them everytime they come out. The statement I made is that people than make an assumption from those things that VITA is not worth having bc the outlook is purely bleak and they don't want to be associated with that. (When nothing could be further from the truth)

Also, the arguement of not wanting ports is fine but many of those are games very well suited to portables. And let's not forget if we blame a company for allowing/making ports on a device; let's support them when they a fine, new IP. 

Like Soul Sacrifice. (coming next week!) :smileywink:

well I had the vita for long time now and it would be a big lie if I said the vita is not worth having at this time , but all this time I saw sony treating the vita in a poor way and now since the ps 4 is coming seems sony ignoring the vita and the problems the PSV have now , 

as for ports there are only few ports that really worth getting like P4G , disgaea and 1-2 other ports, but still if I wanted to play these games I would had kept my ps3/psp/ps2 to play them and even u get some of these games way cheaper on their original system since some of them are old games. (I don't mind ports here but seeing there is alot of ports coming while there are only 1-3 PSV titles is a real problem)

and another problem is that alot of my friends who had the vita they sold it long time ago because of the ports and indie games, back in the time when I bought my ps vita when I open near I used to see alot of people around my house have vita , but today if I opened near I will only see maybe 1-2 people have vita if I'm lucky, and another problem when it come to the people who want to buy a new PSV   they stop because the vita price itself , it's not worth to pay that much money to only be able to play 3-4 AAA games that only vita have and the memory card price it makes them go to other handhelds that (they think these handhelds have better future and not expesive as the vita) (and here I know this because I was trying to make my friend buy PSV but he ended up with other handheld for the same reason) and another reason that people think and I'm one of them that maybe (and here I said maybe) that there is a chance that the PSV could turn into a ps4 accessory .

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Apr 27, 2013

It's confusing why Sony keeps fairly quiet about the Vita but I'm keeping faith. I don't mind ports if it's a game I didn't play before or if it adds more to the game that makes it worth playing again. Indy games are hit or miss for me. I enjoyed Retro City Rampage and not much else. They just don't seem appealing enough.

The Vita needs more sales so developers make more games but it needs more games so it sells more units. It's a catch 22.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Apr 27, 2013
I'm all for ports since I'm not wasting money on an home console. Give me a watered down BF3, I don't care. Come on Sony, is UC multi player too much to ask for?
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I do not mind ports at all as long as it is AAA game ports. There is a lot of games I would love to play again on the vita that I would not play at home because of playing new games on the ps3 I have not played. I have a backlog of good games not played yet. It would satisfy me between new games anyway. But here for a while now it seems that they pull some strange, who knows where it come from, game out and call it a classic instead of the ones people are asking for. It seems like as much as Sony and the game companys need each other to make there monthly quotes. And they all say they are not doing well right now.It seems they could negotiate for the games that are asked for. That would at lest be something.

Happy Gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11439 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I'm all for ports since I'm not wasting money on an home console. Give me a watered down BF3, I don't care. Come on Sony, is UC multi player too much to ask for?

Well Uncharted was what, 3.5GB?

Multiplayer would've probably pushed it over the (current) 4GB limit.

Maybe they'll do a standalone, like with UC3.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Standalone is fine with me. I'm terrible at UC's MP but I still enjoy it.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (111 Views)
0 Likes