As long as it didn't cost much or was free XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 27 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: PS Vita and its future

Apr 28, 2013

Well i love my Vita cause it is my main gaming device. However as much as i want to deny, it's possible to see that Sony really dropped the ball with Vita. They are just keeping it on a life support with indie games and ports and that is beyond sad. I'm aware of the incoming games like Killzone and Tearaway but there hasn't been a single AAA announcement in 2013. I was really annoyed to see the big support on PS4 announcement, seriously they probably announced more support in a day for PS4 than they did to PSV for a freaking year.

If they had no intention of being competitive why in the world did they bring this to the market? Why spend so much resources and money to create the dream handheld that gamers were asking for years and abandon it like an unwanted child?

These are the questions i can't answer as a Vita enthusiast. However i'm sure of one thing, if i don't see them showing some real support for Vita this year, i'm not buying a PS4 or any other Sony product anymore, that's for sure. And i'm pretty sure most of the Vita owners(somewhere between 4-5m) shares the same thoughts about this. 

If you want this to succeed the formula is simple and it's been known for years in gaming industry. Bring the software. Not just 10 year old ports and indie games, those won't make an impact on sales. We don't even have a God of War announced for this thing, why in the world did they release Ascension for PS3 while it could have been a great fit for Vita, still blows my mind. It's a prequel and not in the main serie, why not Vita Sony? 

At least bring your old hits like Dark Cloud and Jak&Daxter(not the port but a new game) how hard could it be really? I prefer 1-2 decent exclusive game over 10 ports and 10 indie games. Don't get me wrong i do like indies and ports as long as we get our AAA games with them. From what i read on the internet it's unlikely that we' ll be seeing anything "shocking" from Sony. I hope i'm wrong and i hope Sony still gives a **bleep** about this device and brings those games they promised us. In less than 2 months we' ll find out about the fate of Ps Vita.

Surprise us once Sony, surprise us.

Message 22 of 27 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Apr 28, 2013

ElluinK wrote:

Well i love my Vita cause it is my main gaming device. However as much as i want to deny, it's possible to see that Sony really dropped the ball with Vita. They are just keeping it on a life support with indie games and ports and that is beyond sad. I'm aware of the incoming games like Killzone and Tearaway but there hasn't been a single AAA announcement in 2013. I was really annoyed to see the big support on PS4 announcement, seriously they probably announced more support in a day for PS4 than they did to PSV for a freaking year.

If they had no intention of being competitive why in the world did they bring this to the market? Why spend so much resources and money to create the dream handheld that gamers were asking for years and abandon it like an unwanted child?

These are the questions i can't answer as a Vita enthusiast. However i'm sure of one thing, if i don't see them showing some real support for Vita this year, i'm not buying a PS4 or any other Sony product anymore, that's for sure. And i'm pretty sure most of the Vita owners(somewhere between 4-5m) shares the same thoughts about this. 

If you want this to succeed the formula is simple and it's been known for years in gaming industry. Bring the software. Not just 10 year old ports and indie games, those won't make an impact on sales. We don't even have a God of War announced for this thing, why in the world did they release Ascension for PS3 while it could have been a great fit for Vita, still blows my mind. It's a prequel and not in the main serie, why not Vita Sony? 

At least bring your old hits like Dark Cloud and Jak&Daxter(not the port but a new game) how hard could it be really? I prefer 1-2 decent exclusive game over 10 ports and 10 indie games. Don't get me wrong i do like indies and ports as long as we get our AAA games with them. From what i read on the internet it's unlikely that we' ll be seeing anything "shocking" from Sony. I hope i'm wrong and i hope Sony still gives a **bleep** about this device and brings those games they promised us. In less than 2 months we' ll find out about the fate of Ps Vita.

Surprise us once Sony, surprise us.

TBH agree with you , the PSV is my main gaming device too , I wish they start to treat the vita better in the future 

Message 23 of 27 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Apr 28, 2013

The Vita desperately needs some AAA titles, It deserves to sell a lot.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 24 of 27 (106 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Well, it's getting Dragon's Crown in August (granted it's shared with the PS3), KZM in September and Tearaway shortly after that. There's also Ys Celceta in October. Thing is, that's way too little and too far away. Whatever happens between SS and DC is what worries me~.
Message 25 of 27 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Agreed. The vita is like the ultimate handheld game anyone has ever wanted, its a brilliant machine. Just needs more games. And I don't believe that it needs to sell more in order for more games to be made. The wiiu is underperforming too but they are still working on bringing out big games for it. The average person doesn't buy anything that isn't going to entertain them as soon as they take it out of the box. They see it at target or Walmart and say wow that looks cool, but then they look at the shelf next to it with the games and say... But there's no games I want
Message 26 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Apr 28, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:
Agreed. The vita is like the ultimate handheld game anyone has ever wanted, its a brilliant machine. Just needs more games. And I don't believe that it needs to sell more in order for more games to be made. The wiiu is underperforming too but they are still working on bringing out big games for it. The average person doesn't buy anything that isn't going to entertain them as soon as they take it out of the box. They see it at target or Walmart and say wow that looks cool, but then they look at the shelf next to it with the games and say... But there's no games I want

Well, I'd like to point out that that's not a really good comparison.

Nintendo consoles have always had their games predominantly from First Party studios.

Sony consoles deal more with the 3rd party games.

Because Nintendo isn't just going to abandon their new console, of course games will still be coming out for it.

But for the Vita, Sony's shown very little first party support, and is relying on all the 3rd party devs to step it up.

And they don't see the benefit from taking such a "risk".

It's not a "risk" for Nintendo to make games for their own console, since they'd be profiting both ways, and they know the best way to push their console is to make top quality games.

But a 3rd party dev isn't going to look at the Vita and decide that making a game for it would prove profitable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 27 (87 Views)
0 Likes