Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
423 posts

Re: Ps Vita owners. It is time we stood up to Sony.

Feb 5, 2014

Yeah, I don't know. I have over 100 games on my Vita. Got to see the screen that it shows when you have over 100 games on your Vita. Basically, you can't have more than 100 games at once on the Vita.

But 2014 is sounding good for the system. OlliOlli, that just got released, is a game that I would have bought the system for, if all other things were equal, except I didn't have the system yet. Danganronpa is getting good reviews. Yes, it's Japanese, but yes, it is coming to the States. Next week.

Toukiden's demo was quite... beefy. That game looks promising and it's coming from Japan. Oh, also next week.

Seeing as how Soul Sacrifice came out here, it seems likely that Soul Sacrifice Delta is going to be localized as well.

Helldivers later in the year looks really great too. That one's not even a Japanese game.

Also, if you haven't looked, PlayStation Mobile games are really hitting their stride, and it'll only get better.

So, what's really the problem here? The Vita doesn't have the games you want them to make for it?

Message 11 of 52 (206 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Trioptical wrote:

Yeah, I don't know. I have over 100 games on my Vita. Got to see the screen that it shows when you have over 100 games on your Vita. Basically, you can't have more than 100 games at once on the Vita.

But 2014 is sounding good for the system. OlliOlli, that just got released, is a game that I would have bought the system for, if all other things were equal, except I didn't have the system yet.

So, what's really the problem here? The Vita doesn't have the games you want them to make for it?

Can't agree with you more on OlliOlli.

Deception/kagero 4 is coming to Vita in a few weeks, and that would have been a killer app for me, too.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there.  This fella makes a thread similar to this once a month or so.  He's clearly upset about what he sees as a lack of support for the Vita, and, I don't blame him for wanting the system to stay alive as long as possible - I love the thing, myself.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 12 of 52 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 5, 2014

People aren't buying it because SCEA has abandoned, Name 1 good western vits exclusive that came out the last 2 years that will make people buy a vita? Sony has butchered and killed vita with zero support and over priced memory cards. Amazing handheld, ruined by sony incompetence.

Message 13 of 52 (200 Views)
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Almost all are indies,late ports....not a reason to buy a 200 dollar handheld with expensive memory cards.

Message 14 of 52 (200 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

Feb 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Almost all are indies,late ports....not a reason to buy a 200 dollar handheld with expensive memory cards.

*shrugs*  I bought one last October, knowing that this was the case.  I was sold on the system itself, and the library that it had, not necessarily the one it could have.

I'd welcome more games as much as the next guy, and I agree that, with the right developer support, there could be a serious push in the userbase. The fact is, people are still buying them, just not in the numbers that would be far more encouraging to many of us.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 15 of 52 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 5, 2014

well if sony would get it right we wouldnt have to keep posting these threads!

Message 16 of 52 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
423 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Well, OlliOlli was made in the UK. Velocity Ultra was made there too, I think. Tearaway was made in the UK too, that's from the last two years. Actually, I think Killzone Mercenary is also in the time frame. All exclusive, except Velocity.

And see, here's the thing with the indie reasoning. What makes indies not worthy of buying a system for? If a game is exclusive to a system and it's a good game, why does it matter who made it? Serious question.
Message 17 of 52 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2014

As I said in one of the OP's earlier threads, if you're done with your Vita, I'll have it.

EDIT: I can't do grammar good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 18 of 52 (182 Views)
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Oli Oli, Velocity, major system sellers there lol.

Message 19 of 52 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Trioptical wrote:
Well, OlliOlli was made in the UK. Velocity Ultra was made there too, I think. Tearaway was made in the UK too, that's from the last two years. Actually, I think Killzone Mercenary is also in the time frame. All exclusive, except Velocity.

And see, here's the thing with the indie reasoning. What makes indies not worthy of buying a system for? If a game is exclusive to a system and it's a good game, why does it matter who made it? Serious question.

I will answer your qustion. it is not because indies are bad games or lack quality. It is because they are unknown by a large amount of the game community. it is hard for a game to be a system seller, when most gamer's don't even know it exist.

That is the problem indie games run into. Tearaway most likely didn't take off in sells do to Sony not marketing the game. Killzone: Mercenary is a spin-off and you know how most gamer's feel about those. Plus once again Sony did not market this game and Killzone: Shadow Fall was right around the corner. It was on the PS4, it was main-entry. as good as mercs was. it never had a chance. I only hope those sells pick up. GC deserve it.

Message 20 of 52 (172 Views)
0 Likes