Keyblade Wielder
7942 posts

Re: PS+ for PS4: One game per month?!

Jun 29, 2013
You people do realize that x360 live service has been around for like 7 years and I can count all the free games I've had access to on one hand.
Hey That Chris signature
Message 31 of 45 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jun 29, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
You people do realize that x360 live service has been around for like 7 years and I can count all the free games I've had access to on one hand.

lol right, and how many of those were worthwhile titles? I don't remember a single free game on XBL that was worth playing. Now Microsoft throws a few bones with the very poor Fable 3, the o.k. Assassins Creed II, and the great but very played out Halo 3. (At least it's more fun/better than Halo 4)

Very weak of Microsoft. 

Message 32 of 45 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 29, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:

Nothing beats that god-awful game Yaris MS gave everyone for free. Some piece of trash game designed to promote Toyota's new car. I spent more time downloading it than playing it. 

Message 33 of 45 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 29, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

fede01_8 wrote:

Morgan Haro wrote on the blog about the Instant Game Collection:

"We’ve already started Year Two off with a bang with the announcement that #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition will be available in the Instant Game Collection at launch and one digital title will rotate in each month."  (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/28/celebrating-1-year-of-the-playstation-plus-instant-game-co...

So we are going to get 1 per month game for $50 dollar a year unlike one new game each week (with at least a AAA game per month) like it is now? This is ridiculous! at least Microsoft are giving away two AAA per month!

Oh woes me...... only ONE free PS4 game per month......

First world problems...... Jesus Christ..... 

White Girl Problems

Message 34 of 45 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Just because he is not starving doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to be unhappy about a situation.  On to the ts that is not really any different than what they do with the vita which gets about 1 game of month and some months its a psp title so 1 ps4 game a month isn't as bad in comparison.  One last thing these games are not free.  You pay for the service so saying you are getting them for free and stop complaining is an incorrect statement.

Actually it is correct. You pay $50 for a year of PS+. This month alone they have already offered close to if not over $100 worth of games for free. So that initial $50 investment is already payed off and the rest of the year you will get hundreds of dollars worth of games. Sure the one downside is you have to buy PS+ every year to keep playing the games, but it is still worth it in the long run. I mean I only had my PS3 since February and already have close to $200 worth of free games all for only $50 (which breaks down to $150 worth of free games out of the $200, plus more to come), and my subscription doesn't end until May of next year (I got the PS+ when they offered the free extra 3 months thing).

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 35 of 45 (150 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:

lol right, and how many of those were worthwhile titles? I don't remember a single free game on XBL that was worth playing. Now Microsoft throws a few bones with the very poor Fable 3, the o.k. Assassins Creed II, and the great but very played out Halo 3. (At least it's more fun/better than Halo 4)

Very weak of Microsoft. 

Assassin's Creed II is a great game, by the way. I'm definitely not disagreeing with your point though. This thread is ridiculous. Sony could have decided to not give anything away for free yet. They didn't give away anything on the Vita for nine months. I don't know how anyone could expect one complete game free at launch, let alone two or three. Even though DriveClub will be stripped down, it will still be worth the $4.17 that I paid for that month. That doesn't even include the ps3 games we'll get. And the evergreen Vita titles will probably be changed out in November as well. Please people, enough hating on a service that obviously offers a greater value than any other video game service.

Message 36 of 45 (146 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

Jun 29, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:
Assassin's Creed II is a great game, by the way. 

I felt that Brotherhood was a far better game. 

Message 37 of 45 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

I been to other gaming boards and people are way to upset over this. Clearly plus has spoiled some of you. I seen people complaining that driveclub isn't the full game. Everything minus some cars and tracks is not enough for you? Especially considering the game is a launch title. If only one games is still being offered after the ps4 builds its library, then I can understand being upset. Some of you had some extremely high expectations thinking the ps4's IGC was going to offer multiple titles per month from the get-go. 

Message 38 of 45 (142 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jun 29, 2013

StraightUpLazy11 wrote:

I been to other gaming boards and people are way to upset over this. Clearly plus has spoiled some of you. I seen people complaining that driveclub isn't the full game. Everything minus some cars and tracks is not enough for you? Especially considering the game is a launch title. If only one games is still being offered after the ps4 builds its library, then I can understand being upset. Some of you had some extremely high expectations thinking the ps4's IGC was going to offer multiple titles per month from the get-go. 

Seriously! They are giving you all the features of the game, minus some extras that you can pay for if you want them. And the one PS4 game per month is great for a new console. Expecting 2 free games when there are only 10 games available is pretty poor entitlement.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 39 of 45 (125 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7942 posts

Jun 29, 2013
...yaris.... *shutters in discontent*
Hey That Chris signature
Message 40 of 45 (107 Views)
0 Likes