Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 29 2012
By: JarOfApples First Son 24 posts

PS1, 2 and Trophies

8 replies 199 views Edited Oct 29, 2012

I've been thinking about this lately because I recently whipped out my old spyro games to play with my little brother. I thout how fun would it be to have trophies for older games. I googled this to see if there was a topic on this already and it was in the archives so I decided to bring it up again. Sorry if I missed a current topic about this.

Anyway, I think the companies that currently own the classic games should be given the option to take the time to make trophies for their old games. I know sales would deffenetly improve if they decide to do this.

I know Sony wont see my post, but I'm posting it for more as a discussion. What do you guys think? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Re: PS1, 2 and Trophies

Oct 29, 2012

JarOfApples wrote:

I've been thinking about this lately because I recently whipped out my old spyro games to play with my little brother. I thout how fun would it be to have trophies for older games. I googled this to see if there was a topic on this already and it was in the archives so I decided to bring it up again. Sorry if I missed a current topic about this.

Anyway, I think the companies that currently own the classic games should be given the option to take the time to make trophies for their old games. I know sales would deffenetly improve if they decide to do this.

I know Sony wont see my post, but I'm posting it for more as a discussion. What do you guys think? 

You want trophies for games that are 10-15 years old? It's a waste of time, and some companies would rather make something new than make patches for ps1 games so that they'll have trophies. And i doubt that the sales will improve drastically if they were to include trophies.  There are some PS3 games(earlier ones before the trophies were put in effect) that haven't gotten patches, as companies see it as a waste of time or something that they are not interested in. MGS4 did get trophies after a long plea from the fans. Having trophies doesn't make a terrible game, become an amazing game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Oct 30, 2012

While it may be a "waste of time" for the companies, I would thoroughly enjoy this. nothing would make me happier then getting a platnium on Final Fantasy 8, Spyro, Crash, or even the old Gran Turismos. I would buy the hell out of PS1/PS2 titles just to get those trophies. I hope it's something they're looking at for the future.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8475 posts

Oct 30, 2012
It's not as easy as the newer games where they can just patch the game with trophy support. They will have to rerelease the game, that includes all the legal mess. Plus they will probably have to sell it for super cheap if they want people to buy them, not a lot of companies will be interested.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (176 Views)
Wastelander
844 posts

Oct 30, 2012

kknd2002 wrote:
It's not as easy as the newer games where they can just patch the game with trophy support. They will have to rerelease the game, that includes all the legal mess. Plus they will probably have to sell it for super cheap if they want people to buy them, not a lot of companies will be interested.

This si where I wish SONY would include the community. You know we have to have some smart SONY tech fans that could rewrite the code and allow SONy to save money on projects like this. I feel like it'd be a win-win for everyone.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (172 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8475 posts

Nov 1, 2012
only in a perfect world my friend (no way a company would let some random people handle their codes)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

Well, I'm not going to rebuy these PS1/PS2 games just for the trophies. 

My reason is simple. I don't have so much money in my bank account as I (might) need other PS1/PS2 games that I haven't played before like SOCOM (1, 2, 3); Tales of Destiny (1 & 2), etc.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8475 posts

Nov 2, 2012
on the other hand, it might be interesting for people who doesn't own the rare games like Suikoden II and Tales of Destiny II for ps1
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Uh-huh. That would be me in that category.

I'd buy those rare games for $10 each (downloadable) from PSN.
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (125 Views)
0 Likes