Dec 30 2013
By: amshockeyfan Wastelander 717 posts

PS3 3D Display & Directv 3D capabilities

[ Edited ]
5 replies 718 views Edited May 16, 2014

Does anyone have any experience with Directv 3D & the PS3 3D Display??

On Monday, Dec. 31 we're switching from Dish Network to Directv & was curious how well the 3D programming works on the PS3 3D Display & what has to be done for it to work.

Mod Edit: Added label. Click here for more information on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 6 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: PS3 3D Display & Directv 3D capabilities

Dec 30, 2012

Its just a display. 

Anything with an HDMI connection will work.

My brother has one in his room and uses it as his TV (we have DirecTV, and hate it BTW), PC monitor, and gaming display. Works just fine.

You'll be using the DTV box anyway so theres nothing really you need to do to change channels with. But you'll be using the Displays remote for volume control tho. We havent been able to program it to the DTV remote

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 6 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Jan 2, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Its just a display. 

My brother has one in his room and uses it as his TV (we have DirecTV, and hate it BTW), PC monitor, and gaming display. Works just fine.

You'll be using the DTV box anyway so theres nothing really you need to do to change channels with. But you'll be using the Displays remote for volume control tho. We havent been able to program it to the DTV remote

After just 24 hours of having Directv, we've got things somewhat figured out. For setup we have the Genie with a Mini Client. The PS3 3D Display is on the Mini Client. The primary 3D channels are: 3Net (channel 107), n3D (channel 105, only has part-time programming), & ESPN 3D (channel 106). First couple of times accessing the 3D Channels we had to play with the 3D (switching from Auto to Side-by-Side via the PS3 Media Remote Control), however now it swiches automatically on 3D Auto. We haven't tried anything on Directv Cinema 3D yet.

The Directv Remote can do volume control of the display as well as turn it on/off, as the installer programmed the remote for us (if I remember right, the code for SONY is 1100 to program the Directv Remote to work on the display).

Message 3 of 6 (684 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 2, 2013

amshockeyfan wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Its just a display. 

After just 24 hours of having Directv, we've got things somewhat figured out. For setup we have the Genie with a Mini Client. The PS3 3D Display is on the Mini Client. The primary 3D channels are: 3Net (channel 107), n3D (channel 105, only has part-time programming), & ESPN 3D (channel 106). First couple of times accessing the 3D Channels we had to play with the 3D (switching from Auto to Side-by-Side via the PS3 Media Remote Control), however now it swiches automatically on 3D Auto. We haven't tried anything on Directv Cinema 3D yet.

The Directv Remote can do volume control of the display as well as turn it on/off, as the installer programmed the remote for us (if I remember right, the code for SONY is 1100 to program the Directv Remote to work on the display).

gonna try that out. I do remember our recievers getting an update a while back, maybe that can help. Cause it wouldn't work before

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 6 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I realize it's been a bit since posting anything on here concerning the PS3 3D Display & Directv. After doing some additional experimenting I found that as long as the PS3 3D Display is set on 3D Auto, it will switch the picture to 3D on those channels that offer it.

Message 5 of 6 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2014

A minor update since last posting.....ESPN 3D is no longer available as is neither n3D, so that just leaves 3net & the Directv Cinema 3D.

This is an old thread, and is now locked Smiley Happy

lovely1rainbow

Message 6 of 6 (306 Views)
0 Likes