Apr 12 2013
By: pug319 First Son 21 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 3D Glasses Button/power switch question

[ Edited ]
6 replies 515 views Edited Apr 12, 2013

I recently added PS3 3D glasses to my assortment of Sony 3D glasses for my KDL-55HX729 TV.  There is a battery on-off switch on the inside of the temple that must be "on" for charging.  There is also an easier to locate power on-off switch on top of the glasses for powering off and simulview.  If I power off with the top button, (which is much easier to access), must I also slide that tiny battery switch off as well? 

I can understand the need for a button to toggle for the simulview but since it's also a power on-off button, the directions are confusing!  I am using this for my TV and am impressed that 3D isn't lost with head tilting as it is with other Sony 3D glasses.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (515 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3272 posts

Re: PS3 3D Glasses Button/power switch question

Apr 12, 2013

pug319 wrote:

I recently added PS3 3D glasses to my assortment of Sony 3D glasses for my KDL-55HX729 TV.  There is a battery on-off switch on the inside of the temple that must be "on" for charging.  There is also an easier to locate power on-off switch on top of the glasses for powering off and simulview.  If I power off with the top button, (which is much easier to access), must I also slide that tiny battery switch off as well? 

I can understand the need for a button to toggle for the simulview but since it's also a power on-off button, the directions are confusing!  I am using this for my TV and am impressed that 3D isn't mlost with head tilting as it is with other Sony 3D glasses.

I don't know for sure if it matters or not, but I switch it off when I'm not using them, since I don't know if the battery will lose more or not that way ... don't want to loose anything since if the battery dies then the glasses are useless ...

So to keep for sure to not have to charge them all the time, I do switch my off after charging if I'm not using them.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (452 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

Vague Sony instructions are so frustrating!  Thanks for the reply.  If I hear anything else, I'll report back!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7657 posts

Apr 12, 2013

pug319 wrote:

Vague Sony instructions are so frustrating!  Thanks for the reply.  If I hear anything else, I'll report back!

Like the poster above stated, I generally turn the switch off if I'm not expecting to use the glasses for a couple of days.

If they die while you are using them, you CAN use them while they charge.  Of course, you'll need a USB port in close proximity to do so, or you could use any longer micro-USB cable (generally the type bluetooth headsets use), since the USB cable the glasses come with is only about 8 inches long.  FWIW, the glasses charge from dead to full in about 30 minutes, so even if they die, they don't take long to recharge.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (242 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 12, 2013

I have the TDG-BR250 and the BR750 3D glasses.  They also charge fast: the 250s in 30 minutes and the 750s in 45 minutes.  The advantage to the PS3 version is the 3D isn't lost when there is slight head tilting as what happens with the 250s and 750s.  I do think the PS3 versions  are too tight on my head but otherwise are fine and I do like that they keep the 3D in a slight head tilt.  I do sense a bit more eyestrain with the PS3 glasses but I'll need to spend more time with them to establish that expereince.  Thanks all.:robothappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8053 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Yeah I have a bunch of these glasses.

I always turn them off by the slide switch.

But I didnt ever read the instructions and the batteries were always dead or dieing, then I realised the slide switch has to be on for them to charge, LOL.

I have left them on out of view of the IR emitter and they turned themselves off and would not work until I hit the little simulview button, so I would have to believe they dont use up the battery if off but the slide switch on, but can not be sure.

I can lie down on the couch and the glasses still work somehow.  It does even make sense as the two eyes are one above the other and yet my brain can figure out how it should look and shows me that.

These glasses are better in every way then my X102 DLP link glasses, except for color reproduction and black level.

The DLP link glasses are slightly green, and my tv in 3D mode has a slight red tint to counteract the green and give great blacks without sacrificing brightness.

It just sux I dont think I can remove the red tint in 3D mode, when I use these Sony glasses.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (231 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 13, 2013

The instructions do say that the battery must be turned on but for the life of me I don't know why clear instructions can't be written such as:

Turn on battery to charge

With battery on, press the top power button to engage 3D 

OR

With battery button off, turn battery on and 3D will automatically engage

I wonder if there was a need for the battery on/off button 

Sometimes I feel Sony manuals use Google Transator:robotfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (224 Views)
0 Likes