MVP Support
9392 posts

Re: PS3 DRM is not fair

Jan 9, 2013
I've been using Monoprice's $3 HDMI cables for 4 years without a problem, including 3D and 7.1 audio.

The only thing you are paying for with higher priced cables is the brand.
Message 11 of 16 (112 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16120 posts

Jan 9, 2013

try resetting the tv back to factory settings.
do the same on the ps3 as well.

don't blame the cable... theres nothing for them to burn-out or break, its just a length of wires on a crimped connector. i am goin on 6 years with my $5+shipping monoprice.com hdmi cables without issue.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 12 of 16 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Jan 9, 2013

What are you doing to your HDMI cables to break them?!?

Cables usually don't just break on their own. They are passive devices. They don't "wear out" with use.

I have 5+ year old cheap HDMI cables that still work fine. I have one in a backpack I use to carry various devices, including my PS3, when I visit friend's houses. That HDMI cable has been plugged and unplugged, uncoiled and coiled many dozens of times, and it still works fine. I bought it so long ago I can't remeber what I paid, but all the HDMI cables I have bought have been < $10.

The only HDMI cable I have ever had to replace was one that my bunny chewed.

So I have to ask again, what are you doing with your HDMI cables? Jump rope? Tug of war with your dog? Seriously?

BBurgSteve wrote:
I've been using Monoprice's $3 HDMI cables for 4 years without a problem, including 3D and 7.1 audio.

The only thing you are paying for with higher priced cables is the brand.

And often those brand name cables aren't as nice as the ones from monoprice.com! Monoprice rocks! Bought tons of stuff from them for myself, friends, family. I've also been happy with HDMI cables from itrimming.com (I like their thinner, lighter ones - Monoprice cables can be too fat and stiff for some installations).

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 13 of 16 (106 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

No GeekGod i dont mistreat my cables they just sit on the back of my setup doing nothing simply plugged into the PS3 and my 24inch HDTV.

I adapted to Japanese lifestyle for years you can guess how that works i have a simple small setup the PS3 is on the floor and i sit on the floor i dont do nothing to those things they simply die on there own

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Message 14 of 16 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 9, 2013

it stopped working greygho51 i tried it on my HDTV downstairs and it didnt even acknowledge the fact a cable was plugged in.

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Message 15 of 16 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Jan 9, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Well i think the opposite if its cheap its bound to not work but in this case i kinda do see what you mean i keep reading that HDMI have no real differences from cheap and expensive only maybe in how long it is.

Im stuck using Component and my HDMI cables never did last that long my Component cable works fine and i owned it for 11 months and the HDMI lasted 3 months and the other one lasted 5 months

I spent $10 all together (after shipping) for 2 HTMI cables from dell.com back in 2008.  They both worked great back then, and both still work great today...

Message 16 of 16 (92 Views)
0 Likes