Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: PS3 HDMI wire help

Mar 13, 2012

kingofall214 wrote:

As a side note potato i just read your networking and connection FAQ and I was wondering if you have any tips to improving online game quality while using a hotels internet. its wifi and the signal is great but lag is a pain and i don't have access to the router. specificlly upnp isn't available

No, there's not much you can do aside from asking the staff for help. Usually the internet service is provided as a courtesy; I wouldn't use it for real-time gaming.

Message 11 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Mar 13, 2012

kingofall214 wrote:

As a side note potato i just read your networking and connection FAQ and I was wondering if you have any tips to improving online game quality while using a hotels internet. its wifi and the signal is great but lag is a pain and i don't have access to the router. specificlly upnp isn't available

The lag comes from the fact that there are a couple hundred other guests and you are all sharing a sub 10mbps link to the Internet. While you are trying to game there are 20 other people trying to watch youtube and netflix, and 50 other people trying to sync email (sending attachments and stuff) and browsing the WWW.

It is always the worst in the morning and early evening when all the people are getting back to their rooms. Wait late enough and you might be able to game a little without too much lag, but we are talking really, really late.

Message 12 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Well I guess I will get another cable and see if that fixes it.

Message 13 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Mar 13, 2012

going that high with component cables though dont have the same results as a hdmi..getting 75 ohms through a rca plug is nearly impossible,and most cheap cables will start folding over 100mhz some of these higher end tv's should have the ability to use bnc connectors and it would work just as good as they are true 75ohm and the cable/coax for them can carry the signal without any issue..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 14 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes