Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Re: PS3 Online Tidbits

Jun 28, 2005
They got owned this gen, still nothing major changed
,Online gamers are in the minority. Sure comprehensive online is nice, but wont decide the winner next gen
,Believe it or not, games still deicde that
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 21 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 28, 2005
a game is always better if it's got online support... they wanted to fix a bug in Theif that got past the testers, but because they didn't have the money to invest in Live compatability they couldn't do it.  All games should support this kind of thing now... it's important to me to know that even my single player games are connected to my network of friends all the time and that even when I'm watching a movie someone can send me a message if I didn't turn off that feature before I started to play the movie (can't have them interupting me and my girl -_o)
Message 22 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jun 28, 2005

Cueil wrote:
a game is always better,if it's got online support... they wanted to fix a bug in Theif that,got past the testers, but because they didn't have the money to invest,in Live compatability they couldn't do it.  All games should,support this kind of thing now... it's important to me to know that,even my single player games are connected to my network of friends all,the time and that even when I'm watching a movie someone can send me a,message if I didn't turn off that feature before I started to play the,movie (can't have them interupting me and my girl -_o)

A,crap game is a crap game regardless of online frills, and if the game,is bugged i dont want developers relying on a crutch as an excuse to,release lackluster games, especially since the majority of the people,dont have access to that fix even if they include a free service and,built in ethernet.
Message 23 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jun 28, 2005
But forget this
,If they have some sort of online plan cool
,If not, it doesnt bother me one damn bit
Message 24 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5073 posts

Jun 28, 2005
Online play helps keep the game alive, helps replayability. Look at Halo2, I wouldnt play that story again if my life depended on it, yet I find my self online alot with thousands of others.

Message 25 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jun 28, 2005

PhillyMike101 wrote:
Online,play helps keep the game alive, helps replayability. Look at Halo2, I,wouldnt play that story again if my life depended on it, yet I find my,self online alot with thousands of others.

Who said it didnt 
Message 26 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1067 posts

Jun 28, 2005
MS only had an advantage because it released second. It already knew sony's specs, so they made theres better. This time, Sony can look at xbox live, and duplicate and have a better online experience. And because dial up people are no longer allowed, there will be less lag.,

Go Pheonix Suns!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 27 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5073 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,Chaos_Theory wrote:
MS only had an advantage because it released second. It already knew sony's specs, so they made theres better. This time, Sony can look at xbox live, and duplicate and have a better online experience. And because dial up people are no longer allowed, there will be less lag. ,

Those are different. Xbox took computer parts off of the shelf, and since it was created later than the PS2, better parts are out. I doubt Sony's online will be better than Xbox 360's Live... but then again, Sony isnt really saying much about it.

Message 28 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Jun 28, 2005
This guy seems to be left out of the loop.  I don't know how important he is at Sony, but he seemed to be talking from a European standpoint.  Bottom line... I think he's a total moran.  Did anyone else read the article and say he's a dumba$$?
Message 29 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes