Dec 23 2013
By: TheTigerbyte Splicer 64 posts

PS3 RPGs

[ Edited ]
2 replies 205 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

What are the better RPGs out there on the PS3?  Turn based preferably, not a big fan of hack and slash/action rpg.

I'm almost done with Ni No Kuni.  I think next up might be Tales of Xillia.  Is FF XIII-2 any good?

Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: PS3 RPGs

Dec 23, 2013

Eternal Sonata

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

White Knight Chronicles International

Tales of Graces f

Valkyria Chronicles

Costume Quest

Disgaea 3: Absence of Judgment

These are some of the better-known RPGs (or RPGish games) on the PlayStation 3 that aren't tied to the modernized action-RPG trend. Final Fantasy XIII is another one you may like, but as for Final Fantasy XIII-2... I would recommend against looking into the game. Many people feel Final Fantasy XIII to be a departure from the traditional greatness of the Final Fantasy franchise, where Final Fantasy XIII-2 is considered to be an even worse game than the first one.

Speaking of Final Fantasy though, an HD edition of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 is on its way for release in March 2014. If you haven't played either of these PlayStation 2 games then there's always this one to look forward to.

Message 2 of 3 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

Re: PS3 RPGs

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2013

TheTigerbyte wrote:

What are the better RPGs out there on the PS3?  Turn based preferably, not a big fan of hack and slash/action rpg.

I'm almost done with Ni No Kuni.  I think next up might be Tales of Xillia.  Is FF XIII-2 any good?

ni no kuni . is kind of hack and slash.. since instead of waiting for the attacks i just shuffle to the other attacks and just continuously attacks after attacks..

play post game for ni no kuni as well..

tales of xillia is a hack and slash game (a lot of hack and slash)

the only gamew that are turn based rpgs on the ps3 .. that i can recall from memory will be those Strategy RPGs..and FFX and FFX-2 remake.. 

also persona 5 probably be turn based..

anyway.. for a complete list of all PS3 rpgs and scores

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/genre/metascore/role-playing/ps3?view=condensed

going in the ps3 era.... there are more action rpgs than the old turn based..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)
0 Likes