Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 13 2013
By: Rianor5 Gaming Beast 2097 posts

PS3 Recovery Menu help

14 replies 335 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

I need to rebuild my database on my PS3 because i'm getting the 80022D05 error while syncing trophies. The only problem is...I can't use the power button on my PS3...since it doesn't work anymore...I just push the PS button on my controller to turn on my PS3.

So my question is... is there any way to access the Recovery Menu on the PS3 without using the power button on the PS3?

I really hope so...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Re: PS3 Recovery Menu help

Jan 13, 2013

No-one can help me? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (328 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16676 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Rianor5 wrote:

Why doesn't the power button work anymore? Maybe you should replace it. Check eBay.  Safe Mode can't be accessed without it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Jan 14, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Rianor5 wrote:

Why doesn't the power button work anymore? Maybe you should replace it. Check eBay.  Safe Mode can't be accessed without it.

It doesn't work because we sent it in for repair and when we got it back, the power button no longer worked...so they effed it up when they fixed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (311 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16676 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Rianor5 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Rianor5 wrote:

It doesn't work because we sent it in for repair and when we got it back, the power button no longer worked...so they effed it up when they fixed it.

Then you have them fix it. Didn't you geta warranty? That shouldn't even matter. Their negligence broke it they're obligated to fix it. Where did you send it? Your friends house?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (300 Views)
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Remove your PlayStation Network Account from your PS3 and sign back in. See if it will sync then.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Jan 15, 2013

ajabrams95 wrote:

Remove your PlayStation Network Account from your PS3 and sign back in. See if it will sync then.

I know that's probably going to work, but i REALLY don't wanna delete my account because then i will lose all of my save data and there's a few games that i REALLY do not want to start over on...so i wanted to rebuild the database because i will not lose my save data doing it that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Jan 15, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Rianor5 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Rianor5 wrote:

Then you have them fix it. Didn't you geta warranty? That shouldn't even matter. Their negligence broke it they're obligated to fix it. Where did you send it? Your friends house?

It was about a year and a half ago when we  got it fixed...the PS3 was out of warranty so we went through a independant Console repair website. Not having the function of the power button has not been a hinderance at all, except for this 1 exception heh.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (276 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Rianor5 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Rianor5 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Rianor5 wrote:

It was about a year and a half ago when we  got it fixed...the PS3 was out of warranty so we went through a independant Console repair website. Not having the function of the power button has not been a hinderance at all, except for this 1 exception heh.

Easy enought to fix. Open the console, remove the top shell, and look for an unconnected ribbon cable on the right ride where the controller board for the lights and power/eject buttons are.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (274 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47869 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Rianor5 wrote:

ajabrams95 wrote:

I know that's probably going to work, but i REALLY don't wanna delete my account because then i will lose all of my save data and there's a few games that i REALLY do not want to start over on...so i wanted to rebuild the database because i will not lose my save data doing it that way.

you can make a backup of all your game and save data if you want, the option is in the XMB.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes