Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: PS3 Stability and Playstation Store

Apr 5, 2012

nicklbackr wrote:

I think it's all these retarded updates with the 3D and other junk they update. I personally don't care about it. The only updating they should be doing is "important firmware" updates... like... stability issues??? Just my thoughts. I think Playstation should re-imberse me the $320 I spent on this new 320GD PS3 if all it's going to do is freeze like my last one. Leave it to the chinese I guess..

I haven't had any stability issues with any of the past firmware updates, and people aren't likely to chime in if everything's peachy because they're busy playing their games. Often people blame it on the firmware, but maybe their hardware is acting up.

Use your warranty replacement with Sony then if you think you've gotten a third lemon, or sell it to someone and buy something else that you like better.

I know you're upset, but resorting to racism doesn't help your case any. The Chinese can build you anything you want at the quality that you pay for. Pay for rubbish; get rubbish. Lots of expensive and high quality equipment today are manufactured in China; the design might originate in America, but it's likely to be built abroad.

Message 11 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Exactly, I paid $320 for a 2 week old brand new 320GB PS3. So I should get my moneys worth, and work properly. This is the second one, I shouldn't have to take it back for a 3rd one. I've been an advide Playstation gamer since PS1. I've had more problems with PS3 then PS1 and PS2. And btw lol, I've noticed that the 320GB is completely plastic. No silver front plate like the 160GB and it has no lights. Playstation... is getting really cheap but still stiffing you $320 for their "entertainment system."

Message 12 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 5, 2012

nicklbackr wrote:

I've never upgraded drives, voids warranty. Every single game I play.. Uncharted, BF3, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands, etc etc, both single player and multiplayer - doesn't matter, my PS3 will freeze and beep. I can't even press the PS button on the controller, I'll have to hold the power button to turn off the PS3. Then when you start it up, you get this message saying the Playstation was not turned off properly due to error. Well no ****. It froze. Then it says, do you want to send this error message to Playstation? Well duh lol. So, if this message comes up about the playstation freezing and they want you to send them the error message it displays, then you know ( I know ) Playstation is **** well aware their PS3's freeze and are unstable.

No it doesnt.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Apr 5, 2012

You left a comment in another thread saying you had a fat PS3 that failed too, so that makes three.

If your current console is two weeks old, then take it back to the store. Most stores have 30-day return windows.

Message 14 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Apr 5, 2012

You can count. Yes I've had 3. The fatty classic, cuz the blu-ray drive failed. And now I've had 2 slims, and they both sucked as well because of the stability.

Message 15 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
41 posts

Apr 5, 2012

It's no wonder Microsoft sales are bigger than Sony...

Message 16 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 5, 2012

nicklbackr wrote:

It's no wonder Microsoft sales are bigger than Sony...

Microsoft sales are only bigger than Sony because of the RROD.... most of the sales number INCLUDE people buying more than one because of RROD.

And the sales are not more than Sony by much.... less than 10million sold separate the two. Which is not a big gap.

Im very willing to assume that you are quite abusive to your console, especially if you went through 3 PS3's, including 2 slims which are known to be significantly more reliable than previous iterations.

Im more adept to question how you take care of your consoles, or lack thereof.

I have a launch day 60gb and 80gb and neither one has EVER had to be sent to sony for repair or replacement.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 7, 2012

No one's forcing you to buy Sony products if you don't approve of the quality. Besides, it sounds like the problem is with you because I have had one 80GB fat PS3 for 4 years and I reckon I could count the number of times it's frozen on one hand. It does freeze, but rarely. You're not doing something dumb like leaving it on constantly, inside a cardboard box are you? I would suspect prolonged periods of being left running (especially gaming) with poor ventilation is a more likely cause of this problem than the firmware updates.

Message 18 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 7, 2012

thats not entirely true about the slims being more reliable,in fact my local repair shop here sees more slims than the fatty's mostly because of blu-ray failures so it is problems of a different nature,the slims have been around for a few years now and their numbers of faulty systems are surpassing the fatty problems in which people that own the fats all they have to do is a little maintence(thermal compound) and cleaning and they will still go many years but i agree that he must be abusive or just doing something completely negligent to keep having problems with so many systems and as loz2502 said i could count on one hand how many times mine has froze lol,twice it happened in one week and at the same time the internet here was very unstable so maybe thats an issue but i can't confirm that for positive,but i agree with the OP that the new slims look like crap,cheap made looking junk but again i can't confirm the same for the internals,like i have said before,if my fatty cechlo1 ever dies i plan on retrofitting a slim into the fatty case,be a FUN project lol..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 19 (39 Views)
0 Likes