Nov 20 2009
By: iStrain First Son 3 posts

PS3 Trophy Sync error

35 replies 3468 views Edited Nov 20, 2009
I've been getting PS3 Trophy sync errors for about 3-4 days now on both my PS3s on different accounts. I can't do the new colors for the profiles without syncing the Trophies. I see other with the new colors. I haven't seen any posts on this. Anyone else?
Message 1 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Re: PS3 Trophy Sync error

Nov 20, 2009
Just keep trying. eventually it will work. Either sync from clicking Trophies, Compare with a friend, or view your profile. usually takes me 3-5 trys. Hope they fix the servers soon.

My epic GoW3 sig got removed so you have to see my epic stats instead.
Message 2 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 20, 2009
Thanks, I'll give it a few more tries before I give up.
Message 3 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5987 posts

Nov 20, 2009
Same thing here, as mentioned above keep trying, it will eventually sync. 
Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Message 4 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Nov 20, 2009
Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are running into this. I've had it myself and 2 or 3 syncs usually take care of it. Last night it took probably 5-7, but it worked eventually.
Message 5 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 26, 2009

I think I may have a solution....

I have been stuck with this problem since the update, and I tried to sync every day at all times to no avail.

Today, I went to the cross bar, and then chose a friend and hit COMPARE TROPHIES.

I watched the progress bar eek past 12%...where it normally froze, until it actually loaded all my trophies and my selected friends trophies for comparison. I backed out, and went right to my profile, hit X, and lo and behold, all my trophies synced, and I could now view my profile.  I also was able to change my profile background color-the new thing added by the recent update.

I know this may be an isolated fix, but it's worth a try for all you guys. 

Message Edited by jetaddict on 11-26-2009 09:22 AM
Message 6 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Nov 26, 2009

jetaddict wrote:

I think I may have a solution....

I have been stuck with this problem since the update, and I tried to sync every day at all times to no avail.

Today, I went to the cross bar, and then chose a friend and hit COMPARE TROPHIES.

I watched the progress bar eek past 12%...where it normally froze, until it actually loaded all my trophies and my selected friends trophies for comparison. I backed out, and went right to my profile, hit X, and lo and behold, all my trophies synced, and I could now view my profile.  I also was able to change my profile background color-the new thing added by the recent update.

I know this may be an isolated fix, but it's worth a try for all you guys. 

Message Edited by jetaddict on 11-26-2009 09:22 AM

This is what I have been doing to sync my trophies. I hope they fix this soon.
Message 7 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 27, 2009
I have tried all these steps along with other things and nothing works. I can sync my other account no problem so I'm not sure what the deal is. It seems like it started right after the last update but I also bought Modern Warfare 2 at that time so I'm not sure if it is related. I've tried numerous times to sync my main account and it hangs at 10% with that error code. My other account is my wifes and she doesn't play MW2, it syncs very quickly, but again I am not sure if that is related to the problem yet or not.
Message 8 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 27, 2009

I think it DOES have something to do with MW2. A lot of people say it has to do with Facebook, but I disagree.

I suggested the fix I did to some others, and they advise it cleared up the issue. Either way, it needs to be addressed by Sony, so hopefully they get their act together soon.

Message 9 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Nov 27, 2009
I sent Sony an e-mail about this and was told it's affecting 'a very small number of users' and may be addressed by scheduled maintenance due dec 10 --- as far as I've seen it's affecting a fairly large number of users so people having this issue need to contact sony support so they realise it's a big problem - the answer told me basically that it's just trophies and not important enough to worry about since it doesn't affect gameplay , and didn't even acknowledge the part about not being able to use the color change option without trophy synch -- we need to all let sony know how widespread the issue is
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
... George Carlin
Message 10 of 36 (3,468 Views)
0 Likes