Splicer
61 posts

Re: PS3 Trophy Sync error

Nov 27, 2009
I have been randomly experiencing this issue too... I am not sure what it is, other than my assumption that the PS Network is overwhelmed with so many people syncing their Trophies now so their facebook profiles get updated with trophy info. All you can do is just stop trying and give it a few minutes before you try again. That's what I do and it seems to work
signature 1
Message 11 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 28, 2009

This issue may or may not be the very same issue that was plaguing the PSN a YEAR ago. It at least sure seems similar. In October of 2008, a bug appeared that resulted in a "80022D11" error when attempting to sync trophies. It was tied to possibly being caused by changing the email or password of your PSN account. Many people were forced to perform a backup and restore to regain trophy sync functionality. "80022A07" appears to be the current error code I'm seeing. No clue if the bugs are related.

Back in 2008, the problem killed several games including Pain and LittleBigPlanet, both of which I have. Since those games would attempt to sync trophies at startup, and force you to quit if the sync failed, it effectlively broke those titles back then.

I don't know if any games still force you back to the XMB if they fail trophy sync, but if any still do, this could be more of a problem than mere trophy vanity.

What bothers me, is that over a year has passed, and there are still unresolved issues like this popping up. Maybe it's a completely different, brand new bug that causes a similar result as the old one. Maybe this is the same bug. I don't know. I mostly play single player games, so don't mess with online much. Borderlands and LBP have been my only real online excursions. I just want to get this fixed.

Message 12 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 28, 2009
I like in Uk, virgin media connection, not been able to sync my trophies for about 2 weeks now.. I've lost count of how many times, luckily I managed to sync my trophies just over 2 weeks before I changed my hdd. Problem is now, I cant sync to the new hard drive !! ARRRRRGHHH
Message Edited by CrazyJONNY on 11-28-2009 07:18 AM
Message 13 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 28, 2009

Same here, I've been noticing this problem since about 2 weeks ago.. But if I keep trying or just let it go and try to sync after a few hours or something its ends for work.

I've a Portuguese account. Guess it's servers problem or something, but I'm happy to know that it isn't my account problem and it's a general problem indeed. 

Message 14 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 28, 2009

Hey all, 1st post. thanks for the ideas but still cant sync, last updated trophy showing online on the PC  was 11/14/09. Ive tried inserting an old game, tried up to 50 times in a row, and even the rapid button press. Tried to compare to friends, all the ways. still errors at 11% to 14%. Its been over 2 weeks. Come on Sony!!!!!!

Thanks for the ideas folks, anything helps.

NGK

(edit: last sync was 14th)

Message Edited by NGKnick on 11-28-2009 09:13 AM
Message 15 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2009

I was Having Error A07 and a friend told me to do this:

Make sure the PS3 is turned off,
Press and hold the power button on the PS3 it will power on then power off.
When it's off press and hold the power button again until you hear two consecutive beeps.
It will ask for the controller to be connected via the USB cable,
Turn on the controller and you will have access to the menu.
Press restart and then you will be able to syn your trophies.

Worked great for me.
Message 16 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

Nov 29, 2009

When I contacted Sony aout this same issue they said that it was due to a heavy load on the server, they told me to just keep trying again and that I won't lose anything. they also said they will be fixing it by the end of december.

Hope taht helps.

Get your Portable ID!
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 17 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
425 posts

Nov 29, 2009

I have a question to add to this just so I dont have to start a new post. I recently went home for thankgiving and played some MW2 there, now I amd back in my apartment, synced up, but my trophies do not show up. They are under my profile, so I have achieved them, but they are not syncing. Before you ask, Yes, I did sync before I left. 

I am not obsessive about trophies, I am more curious about the circumstance, and as to why this happened. I synced before I left, and when I got to my house, i synced, and I was able to recover everything. How come when I do the opposite, it will not recover what I earned?

Again, not a big deal, just wondering if someone had an answer for me. Thanks. 

Playstation 3 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 18 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 4, 2009
I was having problems with trophy sync too. I figured it had something to do with my router and changed the network settings on the PS3 to manual IP and set this address as a DMZ host in the setup page of the router. It has worked fine for me ever since I changed this. Had to restart the PS3 before it worked, though. Hope this helps you out, guys!
Message 19 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 5, 2009
This sucks, I am trying all of the tricks that everyone says that they are doing that eventually get it to work, but it never does. 
Message 20 of 36 (211 Views)
0 Likes