Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6621 posts

Re: PS3 - Virtually Lag Free?

Jun 10, 2005

snowcrash wrote:

Steppy76 wrote:

No, you are not right.  It takes time for signals to travel the distance from one place to another...no matter if it's only a 1KB bandwidth requirement or 1TB bandwidth requirement.  There is lag on every single connection available to mankind. 

pretty much if you don't notice lag on online than there is no "lag" even though there is... right?

Even thought it looks like there two different languages talking here, I believe the above statement is the context of this thread.
Message 51 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
829 posts

Jun 10, 2005
ur right!!!

Jordahn wrote:

snowcrash wrote:

Steppy76 wrote:

No,,you are not right.  It takes time for signals to travel the,distance from one place to another...no matter if it's only a 1KB,bandwidth requirement or 1TB bandwidth requirement.  There is lag,on every single connection available to mankind. 

pretty much if you don't notice lag on online than there is no "lag" even though there is... right?

Even,thought it looks like there two different languages talking here, I,believe the above statement is the context of this thread.

Message 52 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Jun 10, 2005

snowcrash wrote:
Another inside scoop from my friend, a friend who also told me about dual video outputs.

He,received updated programming libraries from Sony several days ago and,one of the libraries has "cell grid online" functions.  And this,functions can do virtually unlimited number of players online with no,lag.  With this function, the game doesn't have to be connected to,every online player.  A single PS3 will connect upto 6 players in,x amount of online players, and other 6 players will do the same thing,,connecting upto other 6 players in cell grid mode.   For,example, I send some data to 6 people, and 6 people who received the,data will also send the data to 6 people, which is total of 32 people(6 x 6) and on and on. ,This was possible with no relay lag because of cell grid,technology,  cell puts into grid mode immediately and opens socket,for real-time streaming for online game. It doesn't matter how many,people are on online, you are only connecting upto 6 players.  He,also explained to me what if people disconnects from internet, he says,there is a library function that cell automatically looks for,other cells(other online player) and opens socket.

LOL!!! Well come to a new online error "ghost players"
,"inside scoop from my friend" LOL!!!!!
,6 * 6 = 36 NOT 32
,LOL!!!!      Maybe your friend should have told you that too.
,multi servers ah. Well the problem with what your friend said is that,this would create higher ping and even more lag. cus the the lets say,12 players = 2 Ps3 server with 6 players each. Now on server 1 he gets,data from its 6 players then it has to relay that data to the other ps3,server then that has to relay that to its 6 players.
,all that = HIGH PING/MO LAG
,next time before you make stuff up, I mean ask your friend might want to put some logic behind that.
Message 53 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jun 10, 2005

Most of the "lag" we experience in online games is due to latency.

Try this:

Click on Start -> Run -> type "cmd" without the quotes -> in the DOS window, type "ping x.com" without the quotes, where x is any website you want.

The time given in milliseconds is how long it takes for your computer to send and receive back a packet from whatever server.  No matter how fast your internet connection is, you can't get around latency.

Any lag caused by a lack of processing power is bad game design.

Message 54 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,Aleman wrote:

Try this:

Click on Start -> Run -> type "cmd" without the quotes -> in the DOS window, type "ping x.com" without the quotes, where x is any website you want.

The time given in milliseconds is how long it takes for your computer to send and receive back a packet from whatever server.  No matter how fast your internet connection is, you can't get around latency.

Aleman you think these kids understand that,  their getting lied to and don't understand that.  You have to explain it a little easier for them.  I mean come on 6x6=32  lol.
Message 55 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 10, 2005
6x6 = 36
Message 56 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,null,

PS2NATION wrote:

Aleman you think these kids understand that,  their getting lied to and don't understand that.  You have to explain it a little easier for them.  I mean come on 6x6=32  lol.

He apologized for his accidental math before, I would call you out as the most ignorant one here. Not everything is a lie, while credibility is an issue on message boards, whenever the logic of the original poster can only be questioned by that credibility, then the original statement may very well be true.

And for Aleman, yes it is true that lag is a constant on the internet, the topic is titled virtually lag free, which would probably mean a reduction in the lag seen on PS2 today.

AS ALWAYS, I'M HERE TO HELP :smileyhappy:
Message 57 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 10, 2005
It sounds legit, and it makes sense. Hopefully Sony would do this, because we could have over 30 people playing at one time without any lag!

Bout Time!
Message 58 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Jun 10, 2005

PS2NATION wrote:

Aleman wrote:

Try this:

Click,on Start -> Run -> type "cmd" without the quotes -> in the DOS,window, type "ping x.com" without the quotes, where x is any website,you want.

The time given in milliseconds is how long it takes,for your computer to send and receive back a packet from whatever,server.  No matter how fast your internet connection is, you can't,get around latency.

Aleman,you think these kids understand that,  their,getting lied to and don't understand that.  You have to,explain it a little easier for them.  I mean come on 6x6=32 ,lol.

You would think this "friend" would teach him some math instade of feeding him BS (No I don't mean Sony by his friend). LOL!!!!

Message Edited by C.I.W on 06-10-2005 06:32 PM

Message 59 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Jun 10, 2005

C.I.W wrote:

PS2NATION wrote:

Aleman wrote:

Try this:

Click,on Start -> Run -> type "cmd" without the quotes -> in the DOS,window, type "ping x.com" without the quotes, where x is any website,you want.

The time given in milliseconds is how long it takes,for your computer to send and receive back a packet from whatever,server.  No matter how fast your internet connection is, you can't,get around latency.

Aleman,you think these kids understand that,  their,getting lied to and don't understand that.  You have to,explain it a little easier for them.  I mean come on 6x6=32 ,lol.

You would think this "friend" would tech him some math instade of feeding him BS (No I don't mean Sony by his friend). LOL!!!!

you mean "teach" not "tech"
Message 60 of 63 (13 Views)
0 Likes