Jan 27 2013
By: DADICOY First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issues

9 replies 350 views Edited Jan 27, 2013
Well a month ago, I have bought the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset from Gamestop. After using it for a week, I felt very comfortable for long hours of gaming. While continuing to use the product, I have noticed that the headset, disconnects and reconnects after short periods of time. This bothers me after paying 100 dollars now having to face the interruptions that the headset provides. Please leave any suggestions or solutions for this problem.Thank you!
Message 1 of 10 (350 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28676 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issues

Jan 28, 2013

Dropouts are probably caused from interference from the controller, or if you're running a wireless connection. Get yourself one of these, and position it away from the console

USB Extension adapter

Chances are if you've bought something wireless in the last few years, you may already have one.

Message 2 of 10 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Have you bought any other wireless devices lately that could be causing an interference? I also read about people getting it to work by disconnecting the power cable from the extra USB slot.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/PS3-Wireless-stereo-Headset-interruptio...

Message 3 of 10 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jan 28, 2013

If the USB thing I linked works, you might have a defect. I know there was an issue with the 2013 Astros which was from faulty USB power cables. Something the company addressed and promised to fix. Perhaps this is a similar issue?

Message 4 of 10 (327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I tried connecting the dongle to a usb extension cable and it reduce the interruptions from once every five seconds to once every 15 minutes. Although it did not completely eliminate the problem, it increased my tolerance for it. Thanks and I appreciate the help (:
Message 5 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jan 30, 2013
No problem. Perhaps try it again with yet a different USB and see if that works even better. It must be some kind of problem with the dongle itself. Perhaps a USB extender is just giving it a better connection. Another thing you could try is cleaning out the USB part of the dongle itself with a Q tip or something and see if that fixes it.

It's unfortunate that Sony does not offer a replacement dongle and a 3rd party one will not work. Hopefully yours is still under warranty if you cannot get it fixed.
Message 6 of 10 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issues

Mar 9, 2013

I'm having trouble with my PS3 headset; the voice is coming across fine, but the game sounds are still coming through the TV/sound system. Nothing game related coming from the headset.

Please help.

Message 7 of 10 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 29, 2013

My head set wont turn on and i cant figure out whats going on ive charged it but it still wont work what do i do

Message 8 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Are you sure that you have the dongle in correctly?

Message 9 of 10 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Ironkeysora2 wrote:

My head set wont turn on and i cant figure out whats going on ive charged it but it still wont work what do i do

Are you sure its actually charged?

I have a problem where if the charge cable isn't inserted a certain way, it won't charge. Most times I have to let it change on my bed/floor with the weight of the headset on top of the cable to get the charge light to come on.

The charge port is fragile and can get loose overtime

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes