Jun 17 2013
By: Shadyhere Fender Bender 3394 posts

PS3 games on PS4 Question

6 replies 95 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

I know the PS4 won't be backwards compatible with PS3 discs but, as far as my downloaded PS3 games(maybe PSX and PS2 games) does anybody know if the PS4 will run them?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 1 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7710 posts

Re: PS3 games on PS4 Question

Jun 17, 2013

Nothing has been announced yet however Sony said it might be possible to play PS1 games but nothing is official yet we will have to wait for more details regarding the Gaiki program

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Really leaving us hanging on that. I hope to see more sooner than later..
Message 3 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Yup, there are no details yet. Maybe Sony will allow us to transfer our digital downloads to Gaikai.

Message 4 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Please do more reading like all of us. At the official reveal, they stated NO PS1/2/3 games, downloaded or retail, will work on the PS4, period. 

Hopefully though, they do software emu for AT LEAST ps1 and ps2 games. I dont like cloud gaming. My internet connection sucks at rendering video and streaming. 

Ive got over 60 digital Ps1,2 and 3 games and they better allow us to transfer them to gaikai. I know my net might not support it, but if it does i want access to my content.

Message 5 of 7 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3394 posts

Jun 17, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Please do more reading like all of us. At the official reveal, they stated NO PS1/2/3 games, downloaded or retail, will work on the PS4, period. 

Hopefully though, they do software emu for AT LEAST ps1 and ps2 games. I dont like cloud gaming. My internet connection sucks at rendering video and streaming. 

Ive got over 60 digital Ps1,2 and 3 games and they better allow us to transfer them to gaikai. I know my net might not support it, but if it does i want access to my content.

Well I've haven't had much access to the net so that's why I ask. For some reason I'm not completely dissapointed with the lack of B/C like last gen. When the PS3 came up, I really wanted the B/C since there were so many good PS2 games. The idea of playing those games on my HDTV with a wireless controller and Hard Drive(no memory cardO was cool.

I still have a B/C PS3 but, it broke down(a year after it was sent in for refurbed). This time around, I think I'll just keep my PS3 for PS3 games. Digital as well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 6 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Shadyhere wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

Well I've haven't had much access to the net so that's why I ask. For some reason I'm not completely dissapointed with the lack of B/C like last gen. When the PS3 came up, I really wanted the B/C since there were so many good PS2 games. The idea of playing those games on my HDTV with a wireless controller and Hard Drive(no memory cardO was cool.

I still have a B/C PS3 but, it broke down(a year after it was sent in for refurbed). This time around, I think I'll just keep my PS3 for PS3 games. Digital as well.

I think this is the most senseible solution,  but ccrogers15 brings up a good point: As long as we can transfer noncompatible licenses to Gaikai, that's something.  Here's hoping.

I think the general frustration that the community has is the not knowing aspect of a lot of these issues... as if the other shoe will drop, and the PS4 will suddenly be a bad choice.

I really doubt that will happen, but I understand the worry.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 7 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes